Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- jthunder - 2005-09-23

bbb and others, awesome work guys! this project is one of the best xbmc scripting ideas in my opinion.

gerner, using mytheatre, the mytheatre .py script and avb to stream using dvb-s and the xbox is, in my opinion, a bit of a cludge, and doesn't allow for a nice guide (like mytv) or allow for timeshifting, pause, etc.

there is another program named tsreader that interfaces with dvb-s cards. http://www.coolstf.com

in the newest version of this application a control server interface is exposed allowing for the dump of xml information about the tuned provider (can be in xmltv format). the other beauty of this program is that the control server also allows for the streaming and/or recording of selected programs (or multiple programs).

i'm guessing that the integration with this control server would need to exist to get the xml code describing the programs.

ideally, in my mind, within the mytv script the 'action' button should allow for several options;

1) if the program is in the present (start time is < now), watch - would either send the command to stream the program via vlc to the xbox, or record the program as a .ts file on a remote filesystem and begin playing as a remote file using xbmc (preferred method to allow for timeshifting, pause, etc).

2) if the program is in the future (start time is > noe), record - would send the command to record the program to tsreader.

i don't have enough experience with python to even start looking into this, but i know that there are a lot of people with the xbmc/dvb-s combination what would be interested in this plug-in.

what are you guys' thoughts? how much work would it be to use the xbmc.play function to play a passed filename or vlc stream? how about playing it within a smaller window (like picture-in-picture in the guide, like it does in the xbmc interface)?

jt

- gerner - 2005-09-23

hi jthunder,

i think you're right about the mytheatre solution. i had a go at implementing it but in the end am not happy with the end product. for one thing recording with mytheatre seems pretty flakey for me.

have you ever used dvb web scheduler? its a very strong open source project that provides a web based front end for scheduling and managing recordings for all dvb cards. i'm pretty new to tv card recording in general but this product is so far the best thing i've found for my purposes. its got a great interface, provides loads of options and is very solid and uses very little system resources. whilst it's recording you can access the file fine through xbmc or any other media player.

i'm currently working on implementing it through mytv so it behaves as you sketched out above. i.e. if (start time is < now), record and then stream the recorded file over a smb share, otherwise just record. i should have a first cut sorted out over the weekend.

as for the picture in picture thing i'm not sure if that's possible. i haven't yet had a proper go at trying but i'm thinking its a no go.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-23

interesting stuff. i'm almost ready to release v1.08 (hopefully) over the weekend, there's been quite a lot of code changes, but if you manage to integrate your video streaming code, send it to me and i'll see about merging it into the latest code i have.

- gerner - 2005-09-23

cheers bbb. fingers crossed, i should be able to confine the web scheduler stuff to the saveprogramme.py.

- jj5768 - 2005-09-23

webscheduler is a great prog - shame i coud never get it to work with my tv card (nebula) - it does work with a wide range of others !.
good luck !

- jthunder - 2005-09-23

gerner, web scheduler looks very interesting - a few questions though.

it appears that web scheduler only supports dvb-t, while tsreader supports generic dvb (including s, t, and c) http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/hardware.html

can web scheduler support the use of conditional access modules? in the form of plugins? these allow for extensions to the dvb protocol to support encryption! (big one for lots of people).

the tsreader control server also can collect the si table inforamtion (programs, channels, times, and tons more) and output it to a standard format (even xmltv). so this gets rid of the requirement to pull the program information over the internet, instead tsreader just reads it from the stream in real-time and can provide the script with the updated program information (up to 7 days in advance) as requested.

we also have access to the lone developer, who loves to build support for third-party applications like this, and would be willing to implement changes in the control server if needed.

one bad thing is that tsreader does not have any current capability to schedule recordings in the future, but this will be in the next release.

i would love to see both products supported by mytv, using bbb's plugin architecture. i'm just wondering if anyone can help me with building the interface to the tsreader control server.

bbb, on the topic of video streaming code what i was thinking is this, once a program has been selected to 'watch' (program time < now) the main script will use the provider information to create the watch function. this function should include the uri of the media (whether its a file on an smb share, or vlc stream, or http stream) then call the xbmc.play with this info. there should also be code within playback, similar to the video module, to window the video in a corner and return focus to the guide.

i don't have any experience coding in python, but i can help put it together and tester this.

jt

- Livin - 2005-09-23

(jthunder @ sep. 22 2005,16:01 Wrote:... i know that there are a lot of people with the xbmc/dvb-s combination what would be interested in this plug-in.
i'd definitely use something like this if it was integrated into mytv!

- gerner - 2005-09-23

hey jthunder, i'll take a look after i finish this web scheduler plug in. fyi, web scheduler also supports cards which have bda drivers for them (this includes dvb-s cards) and provides its own epg info. after i've got the saveprogramme plugin in done i'd like to take a look at a web scheduler data source plug in. slowly slowly catchey monkey ..

- jthunder - 2005-09-23

gerner, i look forward to having someone who understands and can write python scripts with xbmc to assess the tsreader control server interface (output and input). here is a link for once you've got the web scheduler plugin rolling...

http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/control-server.html

unfortunately my dvb-s card isn't bda supported... and i don't kno w if it will ever be Sad

- KaHooli - 2005-09-25

i have found an improved source for australian tv information. it is a rss feed and more info is available from here: http://d1.com.au/d1xmltv.asmx

- solexalex - 2005-09-25

hi
no way to make yahoo(fr) working...
in fact, it works but the channels i got are not french... and the grid show only full blue bars saying 'no programs'

i think i made the correct changes in the yahoo datasource :
# pick one of the above and put it here
country_code = country_code_france

but no way...

i hope you could help

- jthunder - 2005-09-27

i have just hooked up my dvb-s card again, and i am going to start documenting what is needed to get the mytv script and the control server with tsreader working. i can confirm that the control server allows the stream to be recorded to a local file (in .ts format) the file can then be read by xbmc as it is being recorded by tsreader.

this will be a great solution for anyone that has a dvb-x card and xbmc.

i will post the results here as i get them. i will also post the command document for the basic functionality. hopefully it will be able to be integrated quickly Smile

jt

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-28

the yahoo datasource (all contries) were broken, but now fixed, in v1.08 (not yet released) along with a couple of the other datasources also broken for the same reason - site html changes. tbh, that will always be a problem for html scrape based datasources, rss feeds are much more stable.

v1.08 will also include the webschedular mod.

if i look into the rss for au it'll delay this release again, so i'm look into that after v1.08 if thats ok?

having said all this, i released a new build of tv.com (v1.03) 4 days ago to xbmcscripts and its still not appeared (again !Wink so, there could be another delay even after i upload it....

bbb

- jthunder - 2005-09-28

good work bbb,

is this thread a good place to make improvement suggestions, or bug reports? or is there a better place?

can't wait to test both scripts.

jt

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-28

the thread is getting a bit big.

maybe we should stop this one and creat two new ones

mytv - bugs

and

mytv - suggestions/requests/announcments

?