Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- Asteron - 2005-11-09

sounds best. dst is crazy anyway and varies depending on local laws / acts of congress (next year they are extending dst by 3 months for some reason and some us states dont follow it).

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-11-22

mytv v1.09 is ready to be released but i need some help with one of the new features.

it now supports genre icons, but try as i might, i cant find any that are good enough to be clear at the small size thats required (23x23 pixels)

genres identified from zap2it and radiotimes:

adult
animation
children
comedy
documentary.png
drama
entertainment
film
interests
limited series
music and arts
music
paid programming
series
sitcom
soap
special
sport
talk show

i now think that monochrome icons will be much clearer. does anyone have a suitable set that i can use ?

any help appreciated
bbb

- Livin - 2005-11-22

(bigbellybilly @ nov. 08 2005,10:22 Wrote:what about keeping the gmt_offset calc (without the dst part) but then just adding dst on/off checkbox to gui config menu, which would adjust that offset by +1 hour if set. (or visa versa +/-1 hour - not sure which way it is now as i've confused myself with it).
it would default to off.
perfect!

yes, thats in too.
also:

new. datasource_nova - greek (in greek or english language)
new. datasource_tsreader - gets a tsreader xmltv file via smb from a pc
new. daylightsavingtime (dst) option added to config menu.
new: timeline colour scheme config menu
new: genre icons (for datasources that have genre information)
new. added subtitle & genre information to prog description (radiotimes/zap2it)
updated: datasource_austv - now gets description & other prog info (cast etc)
updated: logos

genre icons is holding up release at moment, but i've got these icons from amazon, which are clear at roughly the right size.

i dont think i need to support all possible genres , but i'd certainly like some more for ;

drama, soap/sitcom, documentary

bbb

- Livin - 2005-11-22

(bigbellybilly @ nov. 22 2005,09:06 Wrote:genre icons is holding up release at moment, but i've got these icons from amazon, which are clear at roughly the right size.

i dont think i need to support all possible genres , but i'd certainly like some more for ;

drama, soap/sitcom, documentary

bbb
what about making the grid cells different colors depending on the genre? this is what titantv and zap2it do... it looks very nice and takes up zero space

i considered it. but decided upon icons, which i coded before finding the icons - big mistake! :|

but, i could have a combination of both, and allow each method to be enabled/disabled depending upon preference ?

- Asteron - 2005-11-22

wait where do the icons go? in the description when you hit info? in the table cells? im not sure how well those icons will look on a dark background...

well the icons have a white surround, so they stand out. they're placed at beginning of each programme, if that prog genre matches an 'enabled' genre.  i've also, added the genre text (ie drama) to the description (along with new subtitle information).  i could add the logo on there too?

each genre can be turned on/off from the config menu.

i originally decided to use the icon system as its easier to determine what each one represents, as opposed to having to remember which genre a colour represents.

but. i've now decided i'm going to include 'genre by colour' as well as icons. thats way you can use either or both methods.

i've also added a new timeline colour config menu, so you can now choose your own colour scheme, so you can have different colours for odd/even lines giving you a stipped effect etc. i've also included in that setup some preset colour schemes. so,you can now make whatever mess you like for colours (and its quite easy to do! - hence the reset to default option)

so, v1.09 is delayed abit now. but might as well get it right.

cheers for the input

bbb

- jj5768 - 2005-11-23

sounds cool cant wait to give it a go..

have you thought of using an icon to signify a favourite prog ? - or one with a timer set ?. i meant to have a look into the code for the recent changes for 1.08 (where the favourites got added etc..) but didnt have time Sad

- Livin - 2005-11-23

(bigbellybilly @ nov. 22 2005,09:35 Wrote:i considered it. but decided upon icons, which i coded before finding the icons - big mistake! :|

but, i could have a combination of both, and allow each method to be enabled/disabled depending upon preference ?
cool... i think colors is good since it does not take up any screen space.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-11-30

new release v1.09 available from xbmcscripts

changelog
-----------

new. datasource_nova - greek (in greek or english language)
new. datasource_tsreader - gets a tsreader xmltv file via smb from a pc
new. datasource_tvnz - newzealand
new. daylightsavingtime (dst) on/off option added to config menu.
new: timeline colour scheme config menu
new: genre icons (for datasources that have genre information)
new: genre colour coding (for datasources that have genre information)
new. added subtitle & genre information to prog description (radiotimes/zap2it)
new: saved programme timer icons.
new: view timers menumenu option.
updated: datasource_austv - now gets description & other prog info (cast etc)
updated: logos

let me know of any bugs you might find. thanks to those that have helped with suggestions/beta testing etc.

cheers
bbb

- wingtipz - 2005-11-30

i'm looking to get a little help with the save programme function. i've got mytv set up, the guide works great, but when it comes to being able to set up a recording, xbmc hangs or errors out. i am using wintv2k for recording but feel that i'm having problems with the smb setup. i am running xp, but don't use a password to log in, so that is blank in the config.dat. what is the difference between smb_share and smb_dir in the config.dat, and how complete does the directory have to be in that line? i mean, does it need to be c:\shared documents\ or ip\shared documents or something different? if somebody could help me out here i would appreciate it.

i may have questions on the mytv schedular too, as the mytv_schedular_setup.bat didn't seem to work, a cmd window would flash up but there was no scheduled task, so i just did a drag and drop with the mytv_schedular.bat to the scheduled tasks window and made sure it was going to run every minute.

thanks again,

gabe

am i right in assuming your using the hauppauge saveprogramme module ?

set mytv_schedular_setup.bat to run on startup on the recording pc. this will cause the second prog mytv_schedular.bat to be called every min.
that second prog looks for any suitable files that have been sent from the xbox and appear in the designated folder/
i run these on the recording pc under an administrator grade user.

you will need to edit those two files to use the folders where you've decided to have the recordings.

they're currently setup to use 'e:\xbox\' - which on my recording pc is its own hdd.

you will need to set that folder as a shared folder.
its that shared name and folder that you then enter into mytv smb settings.

- wingtipz - 2005-11-30

yes, i'm using the hauppauge saveprogramme module.

so it's the mytv_schedular_setup.bat that should be in scheduled tasks, and it's calling the mytv_scheduler.bat to look for files to record.

on the recording pc there are two users, my wife and i and we are both administrator users, but we don't use passwords. what should i put for username and password in the hauppauge saveprogramme module?

this is my config.dat, does it look ok?

[mytv]
smb_username = gabe
smb_ip = 192.168.2.2
smb_share = c:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents\
smb_dir = c:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents\my videos\
save_programme_method = smb
listsvisible = yes
24hrclock = no
datasource = zap2it
smb_savefile = mytv_rec_$d$m$y_$h$i_$l.bat
save_template = $c~$t~$s~$l

yes, so in windows startup you will have 'mytv_schedular_setup.bat'

oth the batch files need to be edited to point to your save share folder.
ie.

"g:\my documents\my tv\mytv_schedular.bat\"

you should then see in the xp scedule tasks folder 'mytv recording schedular' which runs every min.

mytv config settings:
if you dont logon with a password then you dont need one.

these are my smb settings from the config file:

smb_pcname = kitchen
smb_ip = 10.0.0.5
smb_username = kitchenpc
smb_share = my tv
smb_savefile = mytv_rec_$y$m$d_$h$i_$l.bat
smb_password =

where the 'my tv' share name is actually 'g:\my documents\my tv' on the pc (make sure 'allow network users to change my files' is ticked)

if you then highlight a programme in mytv and select saveprogramme from the white btn menu, it'll send a file to that share folder.  the every min schedtask batch job will pickup the file and create a hauppauge recording task.

thats it.