Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- wingtipz - 2005-11-30

thanks for you input. it seems like i did all the things you are talking about when i was playing with it last night and when i selected save programme from the menu it would either freeze xbmc or just give me a smb error.

i'll try it more tonight and see if i can get any farther.

- wingtipz - 2005-12-01

alright, now this is starting to get frustrating. i am to a point where trying to use save programme no longer causes xbmc to crash, but i consistantly get an unable to smb error, telling me to check my directory and such.

here is my config.dat, where shared documents is c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\ on the pc and is my shared folder i use smb for music/videos/photos.

[mytv]
smb_pcname = home
smb_ip = 192.168.2.2
smb_username = gabe
smb_share = shared documents
smb_dir = shared document\my videos
save_programme_method = smb
listsvisible = yes
24hrclock = no
datasource = zap2it
smb_savefile = mytv_rec_$d$m$y_$h$i_$l.bat
save_template = $c~$t~$s~$l

any suggestions on what else i could be missing or needing to look for? something in the saveprogramme script itself?

- TheChad - 2005-12-01

have you confirmed wirte permissions on the share directory. you could confirm this in the my files area of xbmc.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-01

this recording action happens in two parts (for hauppauge)
1) it creates a schtasks batch file suitable for setting up the recording on the remote pc (done with saveprogramme.py)

2) sends it via smb

firstly, you need to change the save programme method to
'custom script then smb'
otherwise it wont call the saveprogramme module that creates the appropiate cmd line thats sent to pc.

the default installed saveprogramme.py is for hauppauge cards. but, edit that file and make sure two things are correct for your setup.

1) tv card installation location
eg exe_path = "c:\\program files\\hauppauge\\wintv nova\\dvb-tv.exe"

2) folder that your tv card records to
rec_dir = "c:\\documents and settings\\kitchenpc\\my documents\\my tv\\"

then the sending via smb:

create a folder 'my documents\my videos'
enable sharing, make sure permissions for changing/writing is enabled.
remove the smb_dir option, its not needed as it'll save the file directly to 'my videos' folder.

[mytv]
smb_pcname = home
smb_ip = 192.168.2.2
smb_username = gabe
smb_share = my videos
smb_savefile = mytv_rec_$y$m$d_$h$i_$l.bat

i've duplicated this setup and it works fine. if it still doesnt work for you, let me know which error msg you get:
ie failed to connect to smb
or
failed to login to smb
or
failed to send file to smb

let me know how you get on. it does work, i and many others use this method and i find its quite reliable without ever crashing xbmc.
bbb

- wingtipz - 2005-12-01

thanks for you input. i don't doubt that it works well for most people. the actual guide portion itself is awesome, and i appreciate the work that's gone into making this what it is.

i'll check into the things mention here again tonight when i get home and see what i can do.

thanks again! Smile

- wingtipz - 2005-12-02

alright, well, i'm getting farther. i hadn't told it to run custom script then smb. doing that got me to a point where it asks me if i want to save the program. then i get and error stating: unable to translate programme title to channel...

any ideas?

thanks for all the help!

gabe

- jj5768 - 2005-12-02

hey bbb, really cool to see you keep coming up with new features for this script!, although the menu’s are looking a bit full these days Wink

nice to see the start of something with view timers - is there any way to tie this into the script you are using to send scheduling commands i know digitv offers a view timers, but not sure about the webscheduler or others you’ve supported…

anyway, keep up the good work !

jj

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-02

ok, now you have found a problem (sort of).

in saveprogramme.py it needs to translate the channel id into a hauppauge channel code.

ie 'bbc1':'233a100a104a02580000'

your problem is that your zap2it channel isnt in the translation list. tbh, i've only been able to code in the uk freeview channels as thats all i can see.

you can get your own chanel list from the hauppauge file called 'digitaltv-t.lst' (or simlair) found where the card is installed too.

if you'd like send me that file, i'll try and add the additional channels into the lookup list.

hope that helps
bbb

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-02

jj: the timers support is pretty simple at moment. ideally, fuctionality should be moved to the relevant saveprogramme module, then they could query the tv cards as they know best.

if you'd like to send me a list of querying cmds for your card, i'll try and work them in, somehow. i expect the new 'view timer' to become 'manage timers'.

i use the hauppauge card, and i'd have to figure out someway to get a list of waiting schtasks and maybe cancelling them?

pm me with the cmds when you've got a list together.

cheers
bbb

- wingtipz - 2005-12-03

alright, i've added the translations for each of my channels to saveprogramme based on what you already had there. basically it's the call letters for the station, then -cxx where xx is the particular channel number. it will be different for each region of the us.

hitting save programme in the menu now asks me if i want to save, i say yes, then the smb errors out still. i am getting the failed to send file to smb error, then another error window after that with a bunch of code.

i have confirmed that my share allows read/write, in my files in xbmc i can create folders and rename files with no problem

thanks,

gabe

- enigma9o7 - 2005-12-09

just wanted to praise you again on the latest release.

mytv quit working for me a few weeks ago, but i've been too lazy to figure out why. decided to start from scratch with the new version, and although it still didn't work, at least i knew why! my zap2it account had expired, in v1.08 it just gave error after error after error that didn't mean anything to me and it took forever to click thru them all.... v1.09 told me my subscription might be expired Wink very nice, which was easy enough to renew once i knew that's what i should do! and i didn't have to make any manual adjustment for dst, which is nice, and i see that if i have a problem in the future i can change it from the console. sweet! thanks again.

- Freddo - 2005-12-09

i have to say, this script sounds amazing, my nebula card doesnt get much use as it is, but i think i'm going to dig it out and have a go at using it with this script.

theoreticly i can schedule a recording with the script, then navigate to an smb share of the recording folder and playback the file as its recording, this isnt very elegant though.

could the script be modified to automaticly show "play now" as well as record, if the program is on now? then the script would schedule the recording, then start playing the file(over smb), all seamlessly, when you stop or exit fullscreen you should end up back at the guide, and you'll have achieved the holy grail, proper streaming tv to your xbox, to all intents and purposes.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-09

hey, thanks for the sweet words chaps. always nice to know the many nights scripting till the early hours are appreciated. you've no idea how many times my missus has said to me in the morning "..and what time did you get to bed last night !?"

i've a few outstanding bugs that will get priority (mainly unicode problems) but i'll add your suggestion to my 'r&d list'.

hey, i made it onto the top 5 downloads on xbmcscripts, cause enough to have some extra beer on a friday night if ever i needed an excuse Smile)

cheers

- Livin - 2005-12-09

(enigma9o7 @ dec. 08 2005,21:39 Wrote:my zap2it account had expired, in v1.08 it just gave error after error after error that didn't mean anything to me and it took forever to click thru them all....  v1.09 told me my subscription might be expired
this is the only issue i've had with mytv... when you get the error it just loops forever and i must reboot the xbox to get out of the loop.

bbb,
can you put some error trapping in for that so it does not loop?

- jj5768 - 2005-12-19

freddo: - i know bbb was looking to your suggestion -  but it seems it isnt as simple to setup a stream now function with digitv - especially as nebula in the planned app upgrade is planning to encrypt the stream to prevent other apps accessing..  Confused

however nebula are releasing a plug in designed to stream the tv prog across the net to web browsers, so who knows when that day come sit maybe possible (without running tsreader and other stuff)

another option might be as you say, to schedule the recording, then a second or two launch the file via mplayer (i`m not sure if you can access these files via a python script tho), then send the command to delete the file once you either press stop, or programe endHuh but as the delete option depends on the position in the list of recodrings it appears rather than the filename, you'd have to be careful the files matched up, otherwise you could end up deleting files you wanted to keep (does this make sense ?!?! :lol: )

Smile