Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- ayan - 2005-12-21

hello, i'm not sure if this has been covered before. sorry if it has.

mytv doesn't work with the latest build of xbmc (december 18th) due to some changes in the python interpreter and skinning engine.

after downloading any tv listing, it displays a dialog box showing 3 lines with 'my programs' written, and then freezes. i tought it may be an issue with the datasource i'm using, but the problem was reported by other users (see here).

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-21

o great. No

i see no mention of python changing in the xbmc changelog ?
i am aware that the skinning system is in the process of being upgraded, but i dont use any of that.

do you have any more specific information?
can you send me a debug log of it crashing ?

bbb

- ayan - 2005-12-21

will try to tonight.

in the latest build of xbmc there was an issue also with the file dialogsubmenu.xml which pops up the 'script menu' in the middle of the xbmc screen instead of where it should.

turns out that some special tags like <posx> are now case sensitive. by changing them to <posx> the problem is solved. hope this helps (but i guess it doesn't if you don't use any skinning stuff).

- ayan - 2005-12-22

the kml-webradio script also has the same problem, so it's probably related to xbmc  No if you use mytv & kml better hold on to your old xbmc builds and don't install new ones (after dec-11) until they fix the issue.

- ayan - 2005-12-22

here's an answer i got, bbb see if you can make anything out of it:

they are writing to a dialog with a string id that doesnt exist so string id 0 is used.  string id 0 is "my programs"

- Asteron - 2005-12-22

ewww, looks like that would break pretty much every python script out there since we have no way to write string id's afaik...

i swear sometimes it seems like python is pretty neglected in xbmc, i don't even think python is built in the default build script...

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-22

some extra info on whats happened in this thread

here
but, i agree, breaking so many scripts isnt good for xbmc.

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-23

mytv v1.10 (awaiting approval at http://www.xbmcscripts.com)

new: 'play video from smb'
new: 'stream a url' option - takes url from those listed in config.dat
new: saveprogramme module selectable from config menu (and at initial startup)
new: 'manage timers' option queries digittv directly allowing timer/recording view/deletion. other tv card users have normal viewtimers but can now also delete them from the locally stored file.
new: set timer clash check
fix: saveprogramme called but timer not added to list (in somecases)
fix: epg going back to current time after using menu (in somecases)
fix: some unicode problems - please let me know if u find more.
changed: gui minor tweaks.
updated: logos

merry christmas !

ps.
has issues with xbmc builds from mid december onwards, but so do most other scripts...

- jj5768 - 2005-12-23

cool !!

i can already say the nebula manage timers option works a treat !!, thanks for all the work, & have a good holiday !

jj.

- jj5768 - 2005-12-23

hi bbb,

just been playing about, and found the new clashing timers function.. is it possible to make this elective (i.e. turn on/off), as there maybe cases where timers can be set on multiple channels overlapping eg. if on the same mux (eg. bbc1 & 2), or if the host pc has multiple cards ??

small bug -
1. clearing cache of exisiting listing data also deletes the timers files which store where the nice icons should appear (for those programes you have selected to record) - i understand why, but if you're just doing a refresh of some data eg. the listings descriptions are out - it will forget and it may have consequenses later on...

Huh :d

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-12-23

noted.

- Livin - 2005-12-24

bbb,
what about making a settings.xml file in the script folder so there is no need to update the .py files if you change them? i'm just thinking about easier and less room for error.

- pinny121 - 2005-12-29

has there been a fix for the my progams being listed three times in python scripts downloading problem ?

i have had to revert to a prievios build as it broke many scripts
which add soooo much value to xbmc.

any news ?

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-01-01

there was another thread thated started a discussion on this, but its gone dead.
i fear there little interest from the proper xbmc devs on this topic.

a simple fix would be to remove all the progressdialogs from the scripts, but that does leave the user a little in the dark asto whats happening...

i'm not sure which way to go with this, i'm also stuck on an early dec build myself.

bbb

- Livin - 2006-01-01

have you posted a formal bug in sourceforge?