Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-04-26

i'll certainly look into it after i get 1.13 out.

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-04-28

would anybody who might be interested in the new spanish datasource help translate some genre into english?

i need to complete this lookup list (as seen on http://www.tvguia.com eg http://www.tvguia.com.br/site/canal.asp?id=blg&data=2006-04-28 )

"" : "adult"
"" : "children"
"" : "comedy"
"documentários" : "documentary"
"séries" : "drama"
"variedades" : "entertainment"
"filmes" : "film"
"" : "interest"
"" : "music"
"jornalismo" : "news"
"" : "paid programming"
"" : "sitcom"
"" : "soap"
"infomercial" : "special"
"" : "sport"
"" : "youth

it may be the case that this particular site doesnt use any more genres. but if you can help , please let me know.

thanks

- nioc_bertheloneum - 2006-04-29

ok, i'll try, but it's not spanish, it's brazilian.

++

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-04-29

doh! i do seem to have a problem differentiating the two, sorry about that.
this site provides genre & other prog info (duration , cast etc) that the other one doesnt.

i will do a spanish datasource if someone wants to point me to one ... ?

- jj5768 - 2006-04-30

hi bbb - ive installed the digitv version - the only issue as far as i can see is that the view recordings section has gone a bit squ-iffy... i've sent a copy of the new html page it parses - howpefully not too much of an issue !!

best r

jj.

- ayan - 2006-05-01

hi bbb,

the latest xbmc compilations seem to be causing problems to the gui once more.

1. when i open the settings menu, the contents are mixed with the tv program, as if there is no background for the menu.

2. also there is now a problem with international character sets. although the charset settings on xbmc are set correctly, the script now uses an english character set instead of the international one. i have read of other problems with utf-8 settings on other scripts (like submenueditor). there's also a chance that something changed on the nova datasource and it is causing the issue.

here are some screenshots that show the problems (see here).

i have changed nothing on xbmc and mytv settings, just uploaded a new compilation of xbmc. everything used to work ok with the old xbmc version but now it doesn't with the new one.

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-05-01

edit mytv.py and mytvlibrary.py and change dialog-invite.png to dialog-invite2.png

if it used to work, the xbmc build mustve changed something, i'll investigate when i get chance to update my own build.

you say nova has changed, is it not finding listing data anymore ?

- ayan - 2006-05-01

sorry the nova datasource has not changed. data is downloaded, but the international characters are screwed. i cannot find anything wrong with the datasource, so it must be some change in xbmc that is causing the problem.

also i changed in both files dialog-invite.png to dialog-invite2.png, problem still remains  Sad

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-05-01

menu panel: its fixed in next release as its now a local graphic file.

lang: if you set xbmc to english does that help correct with charset in mytv ?
tbh, with it being greek, i cant tell if its right or wrong !

but, within the datasource in function getchannel() (line 69)

.decode('latin-1','replace')

you could try changing it to a different unicode set. ie. utf-8

i use the same set for all non-english datasources and they seem to be ok - well i say that, but your the only one whos reported them as being wrong on latest builds. i'm aware python itself has been updated, i dont know if this has anything to to with it.
sorry i cant be of more help at this point.

- ayan - 2006-05-01

switched to english titles and it works fine.

greek characters in the iso-8859-7 format are replaced with characters of the latin-1 charset (french and german accented characters etc). yes, i bet you can't tell the difference :p

i'll play around and see what i can do with the greek. the issue appeared in the latest xbmc builds and i am seeing also some strange font issues (within xbmc) so i'll investigate more and put up a bug report.

once more thanks for your efforts!

- nioc_bertheloneum - 2006-05-03

hi,

here the genre for tvguia.com.br:

" ": "adult"
"infantil" = "children"
"" : "comedy"
"documentários" : "documentary"
"" : "drama"
"variedades" : "entertainement"
"filmes" = "film"
"infomercial" : "interest"
"" : "music"
"jornalismo" : "news"
"" : "paid programming"
"séries" : "sitcom"
"" : "soap"
"" : "special"
"esportes" = "sports"
"" : "youth"

there is no translation for the others, and there is no more genre!

++

- j_wikked - 2006-05-09

just incase you can't get yourtv.com.au working again, here is an alternative you might be able to use
http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/

i hope this is of some help.

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-05-09

might be a bit complicated to html scrape that site. but i've improved austvrss by adding subtitle and genre support (which means you now get icons on the epg). also added some new genres icons.

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-05-22

v1.13 now available on xbmcscripts.com

change log:
fix: included the missing/improved zap2it datasource.
fix: logo disappearing when epg moved right.
change: saveprogramme_nebula - setup now via gui
change: saveprogramme_mytheater - setup now via gui.
change: saveprogramme_hauppauge - setup now via gui.
change: skin split into 3 parts and moved to \system\skin.
change: menu panel graphic file included instead of getting from xbmc skin.
change: menus remember item selected position.
change: size/position various menu panels (better fit on 480 displays).
change: now time line indicator length increased to full epg height.
change: various adjustments to component location/sizes.
change: datasource_nebula, os v3.5 s/w. timers fetch on startup & updated lcn codes.
change: smb setup, can now select smb path from those defined in xboxmediacenter.xml
change: datasource_austvrss - added subtitle & genre, which shows epg icons.
new: dreambox & nebula support fetching of remote timers at startup. inorder to always have an acurate local timers data file, even if timers set/removed external to mytv.
new: config menu: epg row & gap heights - changes number of rows visible. (best for 720/1080 displays).
new: datasource_tvguia new: datasource_miguiatv
new: saveprogramme_dreambox
new: some new genres added.
new: some extra logos
note: datasource_austv currently not working, use ausrss instead.

thanks to everyone who helped with this release.
bbb

- MajorTom - 2006-05-23

thanks again for all your effort.... the script is indeed on xbmcscripts... but it is not downloadable.... just opens the same page over and over....  :-(

tries clicking on the "this script is broken" button but the button is broken....lol comedy