Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-06-24

the default font names are defined at the top of mytv.py, changing them there will fix it for you. they are used if no option can be loaded from the config file. so, best to delete any lines in the config file to force the defaults to be used.

font18 has been gone for a while, but its always been really useful. eg programme title at top of screen.
i've saved a copy of the font18 from an older pm3 that used to have it in so i copy it into the right place after i update xbmc, then select it in config menu.

one solution would be to include font14,18 in the release then on first run have them copied over to the relevant folders. this would ballon the release package size thou.

skin v2.0 compatible: yes that would be a good idea.
i wouldnt want to omit < v2 pmiii users so prolly would be best to detect which skin is being used and act accordingly. maybe even mc360 friendly too?

i have to admit to not following all the xbmc/skin changes as closely as i used to, so quite a few important changes are slipping past me now.

so, whithout trying to appear to be boneidle, is there a preferred thread on making scripts v2 compatible or a few notes on key changes/issues?

cheers
bbb

- nianhbg - 2006-06-24

hi really nice script you have done is it possible to use an xml file for programs listing intead of downloading programs from web? i all ready downloading my programs info to an xml file that im using in other applications. it would be nice.

thanks
nicklas

- Livin - 2006-06-24

(bigbellybilly @ june 24 2006,03:29 Wrote:so,  whithout trying to appear to be boneidle, is there a preferred thread on making scripts v2 compatible or a few notes on key changes/issues?

i do not think there is a single thread on the skin engine changes. maybe you can convince jm to put up a list. there have been some changes to python also, though far less then the skins.

the changes are fantastic too... i love em!
i think having a check is fine but xbmc 2.0 will be released soon and i do not see a reason to allow ppl to update the scripts they use but not update the xbmc version... do you? i think it does not help the community by allowing them to use an older version.

- sollie - 2006-06-25

- 25-06-2006 added: font fallback to "font13" if a requested font isn't available.

sollie.

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-06-25

font13: thats good news.

nianhbg: it all depends on the datasource you've selected that works for your locaton, some are xml based other html scrapped (or delimited flat files ala radiotimes).

there is a datasource_pc that might be suitable for your needs.
listing files are created on your pc, from wherever you like, this datasource simply fetches them from pc. i t expects the data files to be preformatted. (see the header notes in datasource_pc.py for more info on how to use/create the files).

but i think ideally what your after is a xml reading datasource that pulls from your pc. send me a sample of the xml file you have and i'll knock up a datasource for you when i can.

bbb

- Livin - 2006-06-25

bbb,
i know they did the failback code but i'd think it would be best if the scripters updated to using the current fonts?

- Livin - 2006-07-03

bbb 2 questions...

1) have you seen titantv.com? i'm wondering if you'd be able to tie into that site. it allows a ton of configuration (choosing favorites, multiple providers, hd labels, customizing grids, color coding show types, etc)... it would be cool to leverage that site from within mytv.

i'd love to be able to customize my grid online and have mytv display it the same way... including the colors and labels.

2) is there a way to have the current setup cache all the channels/grid info so that when we move to a new page it does not need to spend the time "building" the grid?

it would be cool to schedule mytv to download + build and then store in cache, say every hour or 2 to keep it up to date and the response "snappy"

what do you think?

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-07-03

hi.
titantv: i need a valid us address to register for that site inorder to have a better look at what its got. could you pm me one ?
hopefully, its has some downloadable listing, from rss or delimited files and not just another html scrape site (cos they break easily).
the colour coded programmes could be implemented as long as the site provided genre for each prog.
i'll need to look closer into the site first.

enhanced caching: it only downloads the data for channels about to be displayed, once done it obviously doesnt need to re-dl that data, so scheduling to dl every 2 hours wouldnt make any difference.
i'm assuming that this download of data was the 'build' you referred too?
personnaly i use the radiotimes datasource, which comes in 2 weeks listing files, once they data is down the screen draw is instantaneous, unless you flip to a new page that hasnt been dl yet of course.

you could always setup some regular listing download on a pc, then use the datasource_pc which just pulls the pre-made files over to the xbox. that would eliminate the download delay.

we've talked before about background thread data downloading, which i have briefly looked into and ithink i can do, but would require quite a few changes to accomodate it.

bbb

- Livin - 2006-07-03

you don't need a full address just a zip. here's one: 85260

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-07-04

as far as i can see theres no rss or downloadable tv listings from titantv.
a html scrapping datasource would require multiple fetches per day (4) as it doesnt display a whole days data on one page (just 6 hours at a time).
so, unfortunately, it doesnt look to be a suitable datasource. if they decide to add an rss feed let me know.

bbb

- Livin - 2006-07-04

maybe this can help (not sure):

http://www.download.com/titan-tv/3000-11444_4-10445889.html

looks like titantv wrote a plug-in for mce.

- Freddo - 2006-07-06

bbb, would it be possible to add more options to the description of a program, so say, you could press a to go to the description, then optionally, x to record, y to playback by smb, a to close again?

- BigBellyBilly - 2006-07-07

the actions would prolly be different for every users setup as to how they achieve record/playback but maybe if they could be assigned an action that might make it more flexible?

playback would require live streaming and recording would be dependant on external devices.
what would your record/playback commands be ?

- Freddo - 2006-07-07

for record i use(d) my nebula card in my pc, and for playback i use the playback by smb option, i was just thinking these could be better invoked from a more streamlined menu then having to goto the much bigger one, and its more intuitive to press a on a program then easily be able to record or play it from there, kind of like how sky+ works if you've ever used it.

- jj5768(2) - 2006-07-23

Just a quick note - if using ratiotimes as a source, film4 is now on ID 160 (so 160,Film4 needs to go in your radiotimes.dat file),

the logo can be found here and needs to be saved in the logos directory:

http://www.channel4.com/film/media/generic/4logo-film.gif

and if using nebula scheduling - you need to add the following lines at the start *** see note at end however ***

'FILM4':'31',
'FILM 4':'31',

Note: for some odd reason the nebula webinterface really doesnt like setting of film4 recordings - not sure what is up, and have reported to nebula - it maybe my setup, but causes lockups on the host pc...

anyway, hope if works for you !