Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-01-14

yes, it should now try to match on all 3 fields, so should improve logo matching.

Parsing: Yes the PC Datasource would require you to parse your data 'from wherever' into the suitable files mytv expects. It was designed so ppl could get data/parse to suit their own skillz/requirments, so if you know Perl that should be a breeze for you. If you write it, i'll include it for others in the next myTV package Smile

cheers BBB

- dbrood - 2007-01-15

Hi all,
First off what a fantastic script mytv is, very professional looking!

Ive currently got a working webscheduler setup on my pc upstairs, i currently use the current webscheduler script for the xbox, but i would love to use mytv, i noticed in the readme there isnt any setup guide for webscheduler....but it is supported, does anybody here have any guides they can point me too?

Anoter problem i have is that im current using the 2.01? xbmc from t3ch dated (09/01/07)
with the latest mc360 skin....mytv displays correctly but unfortunatley the config menus are all transparent....has anyone else experienced this?

Thankyou for all the help.

- Andy67 - 2007-01-19

mazhive Wrote:Well this time i got further but now i get this...

i checked and double cheked it... but.. it seems the script doesn't react on the smb link i gave..

in xbmc the links are all fine so i tried to use the settings smb config
setup from an existing XBMC SMB Path
same report..
secondly i tried to use the option
play Video From SMB
Same report. ..

I dunno whats wrong now.. NoOo

Any solution to this problem yet?

- peglar - 2007-01-19

hey bbb, i have to say this looks like an awesome script and i will be installing it as soon as i get home from work tonight. I was just wondering if you had thought about integrating streaming for live tv from your pc into the script? i think it could be possible using dvbviewer (http://www.dvbviewer.com) but not being a scripter i wouldnt know.

a slightly more important question for me is that i have a wintv nova-t 500 tuner (dual tuner card) does the recording feature of the script work with dual tuners?

cheers and well done!

- peglar - 2007-01-19

i wish i could edit my post.....

anyway the thing i was asking about streaming live tv using dvbviewer, it would appear there is already a script to do this called xmtv, available from http://www.xbmcscripts.com however it would be awesome if this could be integrated into mytv so that it could all be run from one script.

any ideas if this is possible?

thanks in advance

- peglar - 2007-01-23

in addition to my posts above i would like to add....

WOW this script is awesome!

i have set it up and the epg is working very well for UK using the radiotimes. however i am having the same sharing problem as andy67 with regard to recording.

if i could get this working it would fulfil almost all of my needs (it would fulfil all of them if xmtv could be integrated as per earlier post)

BBB you rock!

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-01-23

hi.

I've got v1.16 99% done but i've been away for a couple of weeks. I also have same problem, but I can get it to work if i point to a share that requires a user & pass.
Although I've now simplified SMB setup , i've not changed any code that does the SMB connection / recording etc for several versions. I rolled right back to abuout v1.08 and still had same problem. I'm beginning to think the smb/nmb libs might not sit too well with the newer Python 2.4 that is now included with xbmc?

I'll release v1.16 soon anyway, just need to futher check some gui changes at different rezes.

BBB

- peglar - 2007-01-24

ok cool, i will try setting up my share with a username and password tonight when i get homw from work.

keep up the good work BBB!

Streaming rtsp stream - John Smith - 2007-01-24

Hi! this might be a dumb question, but as I'm relatively new to the script use in XBMC, I was wondering, does myTV allow me to view a rtsp stream from the menu? IE, I click on the "show" and it will allow me to watch a stream?

Could you have a stream sitting on the SMB share (as a file to access) or is there a way to do this directly?

Thanks1

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-01-24

the Main Menu option 'play a file from SMB' will allow you to play any video file xbmc player can play.

I've just released v1.16 (not visible on xbmcscripts.com yet but thats been changed to also pickup any *.strm files in the cache folder (you would put url streams inside such a file).

[RELEASE] myTV updated to v1.16 - BigBellyBilly - 2007-01-25

Uploaded to XBMCScripts.com

Some fixes and some requests included.

ChangeLog:
1.16 Fix: smbConnect exception.
Fix: smb lookup of IP from PC Name.
Fix: FaveShows setResolution crash.
Fix: nl_TVnu renamed to se_TVnu.
Fix: Incorrectly saving YES/NO dialog values (as True/False).
Fix: Setup EPG Colour picker.
Fix: Setup Genre Colours.
Fix: Title & Short Desc colours not being applied from EPG Colour setup.
Fix: Updated BBC stream URLs.
Change: Setup SMB simplified. Added Test Connection option.
Change: Added USB tv card type to SaveProgramme Hauppauge.
Change: Saveprogramme Nebula 'weekly' programmes recognised when reading from server.
Change: setLogo now additionally matches against chID and chAltID (accomodates xmltv tv_grab_na_icons)
Change: 'Stream URL' now lists/plays '*.strm' files found in CACHE subfolder.
New: SaveProgramme_Hauppauge - Added Nova USB tv card.
New: Config Menu option to view Readme & Changelog files.
New: Config Menu option to prefix CH ID or Alternative CH ID to displayed Channel Name.

NB.
SMB connection currently seems to only connect to SMB paths containing a user/pass.

Cheers
BBB

Hmmmm - John Smith - 2007-01-25

I'm sorry that I'm not understanding, but it is possible to create a file that would allow me to map a channel to a stream?.

So if I click on "channel" 1, it would look at that file and play "strm:192.168.0.1" or whatever.

and thanks for the quick reply. Holy fast!

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-01-25

No its not possible to map a channel to a stream but you can play streams from the Main Menu.

Download v1.16 from xbmcscripts.com and look in the CACHE subfolder. In there are a load of supplied .strm files, each one contains a URL to a stream.

eg:

bbc radio1.strm

contains

rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio1/live/r1_dsat_g2.ra

You can simply make your own .strm files and put them into that folder.

More info can be found in the xbmc online manual here..

Streaming video - John Smith - 2007-01-25

Hmmm So does myTV not allow you to watch tv? Maybe I'm unclear as to what this script does...

Does:

Gives you the menus (which is pretty darn slick I must say)
Allows you to set a card on your remote machine to record

Does not:

Allow you to watch tv or recorded shows?

Am I missing something that allows you to watch already recorded shows?

- peglar - 2007-01-26

hi again BBB,

i still cant get file sharing to work even with it requiring username and password.

but to answer johns message it doesnt let you watch live tv but there is something called xmtv which will allow you to stream live tv from your pc. (i am trying to get BBB to include it in mytv though.... not sure why since i cant get the normal mytv to work for recording yet)