Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-13

sorry for the lack of responses, auto notification was off and I didnt realise it.

jhhbe: ok will do

Dr. XBMC: sorry you wasted a day on it mate. My suggestion of user:pass is usually the key to getting the SMB to work whenever anyone asks me about that. My own setup (on sXP Pro SP2) is a user (KitchenUser) with admin rightd, no password. A shared myTV folder (under My Documents) is accessable as a source via XMBC My Videos. I use the myTV Config Menu option to select it ('an existing source') ,which it then looksup the IP of and stores it. So the smb path in use is just smb://KITCHEN/myTV/ not even a user:pass involved.

tezzla: Please retry with v1.17, I've not managed to get that datasource to crash, but if you do, please email me with a DEBUG dump.

Ignite: What DataSource are you using ? Delete the config.dat so it starts from scratch, pick another DataSource (eg RadioTimes) Does it work for you then ? If not email me a DEBUG log.

Have been trying to upload v1.17 but its too big for xbmcscripts.com at moment (all the extra logos) hoping to resolve it soon.

The DEBUG log for any crashes helps greatly. To enable it, edit bbbLib.py change DEBUG = True and amend XBMC AdvanceSetting.xml accordingly. (see XBMC wiki for info on that)

Thanks.
BBB

- Dr. XBMC - 2007-08-14

BigBellyBilly Wrote:My suggestion of user:pass is usually the key to getting the SMB to work whenever anyone asks me about that. My own setup (on sXP Pro SP2) is a user (KitchenUser) with admin rightd, no password. A shared myTV folder (under My Documents) is accessable as a source via XMBC My Videos. I use the myTV Config Menu option to select it ('an existing source') ,which it then looksup the IP of and stores it. So the smb path in use is just smb://KITCHEN/myTV/ not even a user:pass involved.
Thanks, now the SMB Connection works.
Not happy about the administrator rights without a password though. Any solution to this?

Then trying to register a program for recording I get:

SMB ERROR: 1, 67: Unexpected SMB error code

Oh dear... No

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-14

according to smb.h (not included with myTV of course, but can found via google)

that means:

#define ERRnosuchshare 67 /* invalid share name */

I've expanded the error code translations in v1.17, so that would show up as a proper description.

myTV v1.17 released - bug,suggestions - BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-15

Now up on XBMCScripts.com

Changelog:
Fix: Datasource au_XMLTV
Fix: Datasource au_YourTV
Fix: Datasource be_Skynet
Fix: Lookup TV.com using default.py or original filename of tvcom.py
Fix: IMDb lookup (and improved)
Fix: Some config settings
Change: used new library config funcs
Change: FavShows - in the way it shares dataSource and is used in myTV
Change: datasource pc_TSReader - made configurable via GUI
Change: SaveProgramme WebScheduler re-written and now fetches schedules.
Change: Tiny Timer icon now appears on short programmes that normally show an 'i' when needed.
Change: ConfigMenu 'Save Prog Method' removed. Now autoset according to SaveProgramme selected.
Change: SaveProgramme WebScheduler improved. (thanks to ozNick for help)
Updated: Datasource RadioTimes
New: TVRage.com - List new episodes (only for some countries)
New: SaveProgramme TSReader
New: DataSource WebScheduler (thanks to ozNick for help)
New: LiveSportOnTV - UK (enable from Config Menu)
New: Additional Genre icons/categories (to accomodate WebScheduler)
New: Some new/updated logos.
Broken Datasource: Yahoo(Multi)

Thanks to everyone who's given any sort of feedback and/or contributed logos/code.

Special thanks to ozNick for his patience in test the WebScheduler stuff. It does still have an issue where if you Cancel playback it drops to xbmc but leaves script running - any help from WS users appreciated)

If you find any issues, let me know.

Cheers

PS TV.com (v1.07) updated to work in conjunction with this.

TV.com v1.07 released - BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-15

Up on XBMCScripts.com

Changelog:
Fix. A few areas areas broken due to (TV.com) site changes.
Fix. IMDb lookups
Change: To work with myTV v1.17

- ozNick - 2007-08-16

Thanks for all your work BBB.

Hopefully I can retire the WebScheduler Script once people are happy with your implemetation of WS in myTV.

Cheers Nick

- Dr. XBMC - 2007-08-17

BigBellyBilly Wrote:according to smb.h (not included with myTV of course, but can found via google)

that means:

#define ERRnosuchshare 67 /* invalid share name */

I've expanded the error code translations in v1.17, so that would show up as a proper description.

Fixed that.

My SMB share pass the connection test but I get File Access Denied. Check User/Pass & Share Permissions...

My share is accessable as a source via XMBC My Videos as described. I can read and write this share from the xbox.

I enabled logging:
Login is okay, but send file fails.

The debugfile miss a 'R' in 'RemoteFile':
'emoteFile=mytv_rec_2....' See below too:

00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO: SMB connection established
00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO:
00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO: SMB logged in
00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO: < smbConnect() success=True
00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO: > smbSendFile()
emoteFile=mytv_rec_20070817_0145_285.bat\localFile=Q:\scripts\myTV\cache\temp.dat
00:56:42 M: 24256512 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
00:56:43 M: 24256512 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 256 pressed, action is 7
00:56:43 M: 24256512 INFO: < smbSendFile() success=False
00:56:43 M: 24256512 INFO:
00:56:43 M: 24256512 INFO: removing file: Q:\scripts\myTV\cache\temp.dat

The user has adm rights (full rights) and I use a password as I can't get myTV to work without (get prompted at the Hauppage card).

I feel pretty stupid at the the moment but I need help to get it to work.

/Kim

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-17

OK. something a bit odd with SMB and passwords. I've managed to duplicate your problem.

Seems SMB login() will accept empty user/passwords even if required and returns login OK. This isnt right, so I'll amend some code that I'll send you to try.

BBB

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-17

Dr. XBMC, please check your PM

Showing favourite shows locks up XBMC reboot req. - pdeg69 - 2007-08-24

Since using MyTV 1.17 XBMC locks up as soon as I select favourite shows. Tried to do a clean install but same problem. Does anyone else have this problem and perhaps knows a solution? BBB thanks for a great script! Regards, Peter

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-24

I'll look into it. thanks

Fast reply - pdeg69 - 2007-08-24

No need to thank me at all. Thank YOU! Great script which I already use for years. If you need more info please let me know. I do use the latest build T3CH XBMC 2007-08-19 SVN rev9999. As I dont see any bug reports about this problem and having the knowledge that MYTV1.17 is the most popular and downloaded script yet perhaps the problem is on my side. Regards, Peter

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-08-24

Its an error in FavShows.py

Quick fix, edit FavShows.py

Around line # 120 (in function setupFavShowDisplay)
Change:

Quote:# BACKGROUND SKIN
skinName = config.getDisplay(config.KEY_DISPLAY_SKIN)
try:
self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlImage(0,0, REZ_W, REZ_H, DIR_SKIN + skinName + '\\' + BACKG_FILENAME))
except: pass

to

Quote:# BACKGROUND SKIN
try:
self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlImage(0,0, REZ_W, REZ_H,BACKGROUND_FILENAME))
except: pass

make sure the 'addControl' is indented within the 'try' statement, the above forum quote system seems to remove the indentation.
then delete the FavShows.pyo (and maybe FavShows.pyc) file, this will cause it to be recompiled

This fix will be in v1.17a. Find anymore bugs, let me know.

Quote:the most popular and downloaded script

yes, my missus is fond of say 'If only everyone had donated a £1, I (meaning her not me) wouldnt have to work' ! ...
BBB

Bug Fixed - pdeg69 - 2007-08-24

Thanks Big Belly. Your solution resolved the problem. Hardest part was to find out what "indented" meant exactly :-) I cant blame your missus but if you were in for the big bucks Im quite sure you wouldn't be programming for XBMC at all. I was already getting the indented error in the debug screen but before I posted about this you already edited your previous post Big Grin Ever tried to get a quick respond from a commercial company? Oo I'm very impressed and thanks again. Tell your missus I would be more than happy to throw a GBP over.

- pdeg69 - 2007-08-24

One thing I forgot to mention, probably a typo, but the file which has to be removed is FavShows.pyo instead of FavShows.pyc