Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Using Schedules Direct - nanwer - 2007-12-05

Hi, have you been able to successfully use Schedules Direct instead of Zap2it which is no longer available?

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks
/N

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-05

no, but PM / email me more info about 'Schedules Direct' if you would.

I have created an alternative datasource base on using xmltv.exe and the appropriate country grabber.

eg

On the remote PC use xmltv.exe 'tv_grab_<country_code>.txt' to create xmltv.xml

The datasource then gets the xml file from PC using SMB and is parsed into the epg.

Its intended for inclusion in v1.18, but as its complete, email me and you can try it if you want ?

Schedules Direct XML vs Zap2it - nanwer - 2007-12-05

Thanks BBB!

I was able to use Morris change to replace the URL and got Schedules Direct to work. However, there are some differences in the XML. Channel IDs are not very useful to display on screen since they are station IDs. You would like to see the Channel numbers instead thats in the "<map .." stanza of the XML. You want to be able to tell what channel to go to on your TV to view the show. I can send you an XML that myTV downloaded from Schedules Direct if that helps? but its rather big to post here.

Cheers
Nad

myTV and Telkku.com in broken. - realjobe - 2007-12-23

Dear MyTV's creator.

I just like to say that the finnish Telkku.com has done something to the layoyt of the site and "no programme" comes to every slot.
Can this be fixed?

I'm using MyTV 1.6 (did not make the 1.7 to work)

.)

MyTV and RemoteControl, not GamePad - realjobe - 2007-12-23

Hi there, again.

With v1.16 it seems that all the controlls are ment to be used with GamePad, there are "press A" etc.. but can it be possible to have also Pure IR controll set?

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-12-23

v1.18 is well under way with several datasources improved and fixed. I'll see what I can do with yours. Just incase they've made the site completely inaccessible, do you have an alternative listings website (preferably with an rss feed as they dont break so easily) ?

I do now have several control codes for the IR remote (and at last a remote too) so will try and incorporate them.

Progress on it is slow due to me being sidetracked with a couple of other scripts that needing completely broken updates. They're done so will back on myTV come new year, too many xmas things going on at moment to concentrate on it tbh.

cheers for letting me know. email me with any extra info and I'll put you down as a Telkku datasource tester Wink

myTV Script - HeWhoWas - 2008-01-29

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a copy of the latest myTV script. Long story short: It'll stop my missus from complaining that she never knows what's on tv. And it'll stop me having to go get the bloody paper for her every weekLaugh

xbmcscripts is down, as you all probably know, so is anyone able to upload a copy of this script? Does it still work with current builds?

If not, I'm a programmer by day so I'd like to take a look at it at any rate.

Thanks!

- ozNick - 2008-01-30

HeWhoWas Wrote:Hey guys,

I'm looking for a copy of the latest myTV script. Long story short: It'll stop my missus from complaining that she never knows what's on tv. And it'll stop me having to go get the bloody paper for her every weekLaugh

xbmcscripts is down, as you all probably know, so is anyone able to upload a copy of this script? Does it still work with current builds?

If not, I'm a programmer by day so I'd like to take a look at it at any rate.

Thanks!

There's a copy in the WebScheduler forum: http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=7714

The TV Logos have been removed due to space limitations (you can add your own if required).

I think you need to register with the site to download it.

Cheers Nick

myTV v1.18 - Want to help find some bugs ? - BigBellyBilly - 2008-04-30

I've been working on & off (mostly off it seems) on the next myTV and its got to the point where its appears ok.

Theres nothing outwardly majorly different, mostly datasource fixes but there has been a lot of internal code changes and I'd like to ask people who might use a particular datasource / saveprogramme to try it.

The variety of saveprogrammes is particularly difficult for me to maintain a test setup of all the different tv cards / servers, so these might be the most broken. (Webscheduler Pro integration is still ongoing)

Current changelog;

Fix: datasource se_TVnu
Fix: datasource uk_Radiotimes
Fix: datasource nl_TVgids
Fix: datasource nz_TVnz
Fix: datasource uk_bleb
Fix: datasource ie_entertainment
Fix: datasource fi_Telkku
Fix: datasource es_Miguiatv
Fix: datasource br_TVGUIA
Fix: datasource us_Zap2it renamed us_SchedulesDirect (now a paid for service - you need to sign up)
Fix: FavShows caused a crash.
Fix: WebScheduler SaveProgramme, Stopped it dropping to xbmc if playback cancelled.
Fix: IMDb scraping, tweaked layout.
Fix: LiveSportOnTV scraping.
Fix: TV.com scraping.
Fix: Other minor problems.
Change: Cache and settings now located in UserData\script_data\myTV
Change: Splitting out of GUI funcs from bbbLib to bbbGUILib to improve portability between other scripts.
Change: After certain operations, if required, the EPG will redraw/move to current time.
Change: Removed dependancy on 3rd party ClientCookie lib, now uses python 2.4's urllib2 cookie lib
Change: Some new logos and some cropped to better fit.
Change: readme.txt moved to appropaite language subfolder. Uses english as fallback.
Change: Readme can be displayed from Settings Menu.
Change: Changelog can be displayed from Settings Menu.
Change: WebScheduler datasource supports changed WebScheduler Pro XML format.
Change: datasource be_Telenet removed (broken due to site changes)
Change: LOTS of other internal changes.
Change: Removed TV.com lookup until script is brought upto be myTV v1.18 compatible
New: Language support (translations wanted!)
New: Some extra logos.
New: datasource SageTV
New: saveprogramme SageTV
New: datasource pl_Teleman (polish)
New: datasource XMLTV - requires a remote PC to fetch data using xmltv.exe <grabber>
New: New Setting option: Wake On Lan (Sent on myTV startup and before any SaveProgramme calls)

Language support has been added, with the most common datasource/saveprogramme messages being converted, its not a complete set of strings.

This requires a separate installation to your current myTV and as it now uses UserData for cache and settings, you'll have to set them up again, don't copy your current over.

Debug is enabled and if you have log enabled in advancedsettings.xml it will output a lot of msgs into xbmc.log (also making it quite slow), but if you do find it crashing, it would be really useful to have the crash xbmc.log.
If you find your datasource doesn't work (they all did upto about 2 weeks ago) just let me know, I don't need a log for that.
SaveProgrammes are more involved and I'll probably have to open an email dialog with you get it sorted.

Other menu & settings menu options fixed/added (eg IMDb, TVRage, LiveSportOnTV ...)

feedback welcome, but as its an exercise in bug finding, I won't be adding any more new features in this revision. (skinning planned for next version)

enough talk, get it HERE
cheers
BBB

- fractal360 - 2008-05-05

Hey Billy..this question is going out to you..since your the big brain on myTV (so it seems)..I just recently upgraded to the new xbmc, and started adding the scripts, which I thing is awesome, for a while now I've been trying to stream media from the web to my tv, and now it's finally possible. So, being that I'm in Canada, and Nova is a satelite receiver in Greece, but I notice it on myTV, how can I assure myself I'm catching these channels? I see the list of eurosport, cnn, and all the greek channels Smile but I get information and then what looks like a summary of the show line up (in jiberish) cause it's not doing a proper language encoding. Aside from that, are the links (url addresses) dead, or do you require to have a satelite, or video card hooked up? I'm not sure the full specs of setting it up properly, any help would be greatly appreciated Big Grin
I guess the short question is are feeds from the net (iptv) or does it rely on satelite?

Also..can you show me how to create an xml file, or py file that can handle media streams of my choice?

Greatly appreciated for the support!!!

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-05

The gr_Nova datasource supports both Greek and English language. If you edit gr_nova.py , near the top you can uncomment the relavant LANG you need. I've made this configurable throu the GUI for v1.18

I not had any complaints about the character encoding when using Greek before, but you could change the line
.decode('latin-1','replace')
to be
.decode('ISO-8859-7','replace')
or
.decode('utf-8','replace')

or whatever encoding alias works best from this doc http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.4/lib/standard-encodings.html

Apart from that , the datasource seems to retrieving/displaying listing data fine, including additional programme information.
If not, let me know and I'll send you the latest bundle.

BBB
Let me know how you get on.

- wyrm - 2008-05-06

BigBellyBilly,

thanks for the update, thought you had lost interest in this project.
Have not had a lot of time to play with v1.18, but have found a few issues. I'm currently running the April 6 build of T3CH XBMC with xTV as the skin.

First of all the au_YourTV datasource is broken. Seem to remember seeing a message come up (or maybe just saw something in the datastore) that said that the API's were changing around December or January. First time I fire up myTV for the day using this datasource it just seems to hang. If I bail out and get back in myTV comes up fairly rapidly and then shows "no program" for each channel. The datasource au_XMLTV seems fine, but I then have a number of issues with changing a number of settings.

Cannot change any of the fonts. Menu seems to suggest that the fonts have changed, but when I get back to the EPG screen nothing has changed and more often than not whole script has hung. Pretty much the same if I try to change the row sizing and spacing. Changes fine in the menu, but no change when I get back to the main screen and just about every time a hang. Re-order channels does not give a menu, just hangs. The turning off of genre icons, menu fine, hang on return to EPG. This was broken in v1.17 (would write out a file with "_disabled" on end but leave original file intact, so revisiting the genre menu would still show it as enabled), but I fixed this to correct the problem (hey, it's a way to learn python).

Sorry to rain on your parade, on the upside, the new version seems to be quite a bit quicker, and the source code is a lot easier to read for us python noobs. Hope this is of some help. If you need a dump of the debug log, let me know, and I will try to elbow the wife and kids off to organise you one.

Wyrm

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-06

no, not forgotten it, just other new scripts and revisiting older ones got in the way.
thanks for the feedback.
I've fixes a few bugs since posting that. but will check each of the points you've raised, then re-post a new build.

BBB

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-05-06

new build of myTV v1.18, fixed several problems.

HERE

wyrm: au_YourTV seems ok to me, I used NSW: Sydney, (maybe its a specific region at fault?)

debug is still enabled, so if you've got advancedsettings.xml error log enabled, it will be slow due to logging.
thanks
BBB

- wyrm - 2008-05-06

BigBellyBilly,

>wyrm: au_YourTV seems ok to me, I used NSW: Sydney, (maybe its a >specific region at fault?)

I'm in Perth WA, can't for the life of me remember where I saw the "change API" message, but it was around Xmas, New Year, so of course rather busy then.

>debug is still enabled, so if you've got advancedsettings.xml error log >enabled, it will be slow due to logging.

Thanks for the changes, will download and install new version and enable error logging tomorrow when the wife and kids are not around to complain about me messing with "their" XBMC Wink

Wyrm