Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] myTV - TV Guide Script (with pluginsnew script) (/showthread.php?tid=12895)

- jj5768 - 2005-08-25

sounds cool, look forward to it
:lol:

- Asteron - 2005-08-26

hmmm i think that -1 invalid variable i used might be screwing something up somewhere.... seemed to work fine this morning... maybe it has something to do with the time...

- chrislee149 - 2005-08-26

(bigbellybilly @ aug. 25 2005,09:21 Wrote:chrislee149: could you change a line of code in the datasource_zap2it.py file to see if that fixes it ?

Quote:1)add this line at top of script:
import time

2) change the line
gmt_offset = <your offset in hours>
to be
gmt_offset = (time.daylight*3600-time.timezone)/3600

let me know if that helps
didn't help. :/

- Asteron - 2005-08-26

(chrislee149 @ aug. 25 2005,21:21 Wrote:didn't help. :/
that works on my side! do you have your xbox to synch time with an internet time server? could that be a part of it?

- Livin - 2005-09-07

help :bowdown:

i now get an "unhandled exception" error when running the 1.7a version.

it attempts to dl the data, it seems to get some of it and it says it is building the channel list, then it dls again and i get the error. it then pops up another window saying out of space on the device but i have 36mb free space on that partition.

then it just loops the same windows and errors and i cannot cancel out even if selecting 'cancel' button... i must reboot.

i checked the cache folder and it has these files...

xmltv_20050906.xml 3.91 mb
xmltv_20050907.xml 0 kb
channels_zap2it.dat 13 kb
... as well as several other .dat files of differing sizes, nothing over 2 kb

any ideas?

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-07

it could simply be that you have run out of space. ?
are you a zap2it user ?

if you could send me the debug log file that would help.
you can get a debug log file by editing the system\library.py file and turning on debug;
debug = true
you'll also need to set xbmc debuglevel to be 0 in the xboxmediacenter.xml file.

pm me the xbmc debug file, and i'll look into it.

- jj5768 - 2005-09-07

i’m looking forward trying the interaction between your tv.com script and mytv – you mentioned that this would come in 1.07b although i cant find it on xbmcscripts – has it been released yet ?..

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-07

sorry, had a slight delay in putting it up to xbmcscripts.

i wanted to test it further with tv.com v1.01 that i've just completed.

bbb.

- jj5768 - 2005-09-07

no probs - look forward to it.

i'm intreaged to see how the two scripts interact, do they act as individul scripts, or does one run in the background while the other grabs focus ?.

had some ideas fo the tv.com script (i really like the way it grabs the banner per series) which i'll put in the other post.

on mytv - it seems a shame but i cant figure out the keymapping issue since upgrading to a more recent version. unfortunatley it seems window related (using variables (?)) rather than numbers... shame :verysad: so my direct record button no longer works.. but hey the menu is still there !!

i do like the way though that you seem to be pre-empting some of the other projects going on... tv guide, tv.com / tv section... :bowdown: Smile the mytv script has now taken over the my programs button on my home.xml, and very well it works too...

- Livin - 2005-09-08

(bigbellybilly @ sep. 07 2005,02:56 Wrote:it could simply be that you have run out of space. ?
are you a zap2it user ?

if you could send me the debug log file that would help.
you can get a debug log file by editing the system\library.py file and turning on debug;
debug = true
you'll also need to set xbmc debuglevel to be 0 in the xboxmediacenter.xml file.

pm me the xbmc debug file, and i'll look into it.
it started working again, go figure :nuts:

thanks for the help!

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-08

mytv v1.07b available on xbmcscripts

(it hasn't appeared in the 'recently added/updated' home page list - site problems ?)

this is just a minor update, other feature request to be done later.
changelog:
fix. zap2it - dst auto adjusting
new. tv.com callable from menu

- gerner - 2005-09-11

hey bigbellybilly,

congratulations on building a great script.  playing with it for a while has given me the final nudge i've needed to order a nova t card.    :thumbsup:  should be coming this week.

ok, so now i'm thinking i've got this great script to schedule recordings, so all i need to turn my much loved xbmc into the ultimate media center is something to be able to watch live tv through the xbox.  i'm just wondering if this is something that you or anyone else reading this does.  i'd like to know if its possible and if it is if there are any possibilities of integrating it into this script.  i've never coded in python before but i'd love to try and help and bring this functionality in.  currently looking at your script to see how its done.
:bowdown:

- BigBellyBilly - 2005-09-11

glad u like the script. i've been using a nova-t pci card for sometime without problems on a little 733 piii, although i understand the nebula card is a bit more feature rich but requires at least a 1ghz pc.

live tv throu xbmc, i dont think thats possible yet, in any way. sorry.

- Asteron - 2005-09-11

(asteron @ aug. 25 2005,20:55 Wrote:hmmm i think that -1 invalid variable i used might be screwing something up somewhere.... seemed to work fine this morning... maybe it has something to do with the time...
i got around to upgrading to the 1.07b and im still getting the same bug. this means that the navigation change i had before wasnt screwing stuff up but also there is a bug somewhere in displaying the guide when previous schedule data exists.

basically i can use the script in the morning and it will be fine but when i do the same later the day the scheduling in previous segment is stretched across the whole time grid. moving the page right and left fixes the bug but moving the page up or down makes you see it again. clearing the cache also fixes it. any idea what's up? this is using the zap2it datasource if that could be a problem. maybe its related to the gmt offset.

- jj5768 - 2005-09-11

hi gerner, have a look into the nebula digitv card - as bbb says it a little more resource demanding, but its one of the more feature rich tv cards, and the interaction with this script happend via its web interface, so you dont need anything on the host pc other than the software.. and it generally works 100%. the software is always in development, and is just about to be released with the ability to have multiple tuners.. although even at the moment, it has 'vitural' tuners - so you can record multiple channels at once presuming they are on the same 'mux'

i guess it very much depends on your host pc.

as for streaming - i`m sure it is possible to do, possibly using videolan to broadcast on the home pc to a shortcut on xbmc, but i`ve never tried. if i ever need to wtch anything, or timeshift, i record it, and start watching in xbmc before its finished (it 95% works.. there are issues), but it allows you to effectivley time shift, pause tv etc.. as in sky+

good luck!