Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-08-27

Thank you, vbat99.

Quote:Rating is only taken from IMDB, that there is a mis-match may be due to Moviecache not updated to match the Movie's nfo rating.
Do a refresh-all for Movies.

Done, all of the movie entries are disappeared now. I assume, that and the different ratings somehow are caused by additionally using another movie manager / scraper. Sorry for that, I didn't think of that connection, before it worked. Now after re-scraping the ratings seem to be correct again.

Many thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-27, 00:40)Dirki Wrote: Thank you, vbat99.

Quote:Rating is only taken from IMDB, that there is a mis-match may be due to Moviecache not updated to match the Movie's nfo rating.
Do a refresh-all for Movies.

Done, all of the movie entries are disappeared now. I assume, that and the different ratings somehow are caused by additionally using another movie manager / scraper. Sorry for that, I didn't think of that connection, before it worked. Now after re-scraping the ratings seem to be correct again.

Many thanks again.

Yep, If your mashing data from two different managers, there's going to be issues cropping up.

Glad you got it sorted.

Thank you, vbat99...hmmm, is there a (useful) way to use different managers without mashing anything?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-08-27

That's a loaded question, as each manager operates differently. Some are multi app compatible, ie for XBMC, Meelio, Plex etc
Where Media Companion is solely for XBMC.

And each is programmed by different people, with their own goals. I recommend sticking with one Manager only.

For Media Companion, if there is functionality that you feel is missing that would be of use to other users, I suggest signing up for Codeplex site, and submitting a Feature Request.
Media Companion on Codeplex

On our site, you can open discussions, Submit issues, follow latest commits to Media Companion codebase. Signing up allows you to post to these forums. It's not like requesting to become a Developer.

Alright, I understand, so one manager only.

Actually, some time ago I thought, you would be the only developer of MC. How many developers are there working on it?

Thanks for the link. Hmmm, yes, one, two, three requests or so, but MC almost has all of the features I would like to have...actually two functions / things: the most important thing, to show all of the information of a series / movie stored on drives not being plugged in (as I have all of my videos on external drives). So to show the same information as if the drive would be plugged in. And a filter by countries.

OK, good idea, many thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - DigiTech - 2014-09-03

Im on version 3.6.0.0 My native languaje is spanish so i want to know if there's a way so i can scrape all my movies in spanish, but i just want to keep the genres in english because all my movie collection already are classiffied like that, im trying the xbmc imdb and tmdb scrapper but both uses spanish in my movie genres, is there a way to keep the original english genres but all the other info in spanish?

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-03

(2014-09-03, 18:48)DigiTech Wrote: Im on version 3.6.0.0 My native languaje is spanish so i want to know if there's a way so i can scrape all my movies in spanish, but i just want to keep the genres in english because all my movie collection already are classiffied like that, im trying the xbmc imdb and tmdb scrapper but both uses spanish in my movie genres, is there a way to keep the original english genres but all the other info in spanish?

Unfortunately, not yet.
With XBMC TMDB scraper, you can select the language, and the api gets all the movie data in that language. We can't switch between languages.
IMDB is giving you your language based on IP address GeoLocation. And we can't, well I haven't been able to, fool the GeoLocation to a different part of the world.

But, I will start work soon on the Batch Rescraper, to allow this to rescrape specific data from TMDB. Currently the Batch Rescrape Wizard only uses IMDB.
What this means is you scrape your movie(s) using XBMC TMDB scraper set to Spanish. Then once done, change the language to English, and use Batch Rescrape Wizard to only rescrape the Genre field.

This hasn't been started yet, and only just been added to the To Do list.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - DigiTech - 2014-09-03

(2014-09-03, 20:02)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 18:48)DigiTech Wrote: Im on version 3.6.0.0 My native languaje is spanish so i want to know if there's a way so i can scrape all my movies in spanish, but i just want to keep the genres in english because all my movie collection already are classiffied like that, im trying the xbmc imdb and tmdb scrapper but both uses spanish in my movie genres, is there a way to keep the original english genres but all the other info in spanish?

Unfortunately, not yet.
With XBMC TMDB scraper, you can select the language, and the api gets all the movie data in that language. We can't switch between languages.
IMDB is giving you your language based on IP address GeoLocation. And we can't, well I haven't been able to, fool the GeoLocation to a different part of the world.

But, I will start work soon on the Batch Rescraper, to allow this to rescrape specific data from TMDB. Currently the Batch Rescrape Wizard only uses IMDB.
What this means is you scrape your movie(s) using XBMC TMDB scraper set to Spanish. Then once done, change the language to English, and use Batch Rescrape Wizard to only rescrape the Genre field.

This hasn't been started yet, and only just been added to the To Do list.
Thanks vbat99, looking forward to those changes.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-06

Is there anything I could do to not let MC scrape samples?

I have two versions of "Watchmen", two different cuts, avi and mkv, but only one of the version is shown in MC. How could I generally show different versions / duplicates in MC?
When I filter by "Duplicates" in "General" MC does not show any Watchman version. Is that intended like that?

And is the length of a movie show in MC the real length or the one scraped? I would like to show the real length of a movie, so different lengths for the different cuts / versions of e.g. "Watchmen".

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-06

Yes, there is a way.
You can name alternative versions of a movie with "directors-cut" or "extended-edition"
IE: Watchmen.mkv
Watchmen directors-cut.mkv

These will show as duplicates, as they are, but their naming in Media Companion will be individual. Meaning directors-cut will be in the title for that movie.
See Movie Preferences -> Advanced2 tab, where you can add your own identifier. Only note no spaces if using two words. Mark spaces with a hyphen -

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-06

Thanky you, vbat99,

But those namings ("directors-cut" or "extended-edition" etc.) only do work for MC, I guess, and not e.g. when I would scrape with XBMC or other scrapers. So, there would be no way to make MC show all of the duplicates (without renaming), I assume.

So, when there are more than one version of a movie MC only shows one of them (when named identically, e.g. Watchmen (2009).mkv and Watchmen (2009).avi and Watchmen (2009).mp4 and may bei Watchmen (2009) - Die Wächter.avi).

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-06

(2014-09-06, 21:36)Dirki Wrote: Thanky you, vbat99,

But those namings ("directors-cut" or "extended-edition" etc.) only do work for MC, I guess, and not e.g. when I would scrape with XBMC or other scrapers. So, there would be no way to make MC show all of the duplicates (without renaming), I assume.

So, when there are more than one version of a movie MC only shows one of them (when named identically, e.g. Watchmen (2009).mkv and Watchmen (2009).avi and Watchmen (2009).mp4 and may bei Watchmen (2009) - Die Wächter.avi).

You would have to scrape the movie with the directors-cut in the filename in Media Companion, before adding them to XBMC.

And Correct. Just because the extension is different, the filename is the same, and this is where you need to differentiate between different versions of the movie.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-07

Alright, many thanks, vbat99,

Can one show the real runtime of a movie? So, the runtimes of the 2 versions of Watchmen differ, but MC shows the same runtime.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - vbat99 - 2014-09-07

In Movie Preferences -> General tab. Select Display Runtime from....File

Also, on the Movie browser tab, you can click the heading Runtime to switch between Scraped Runtine, and Stream runtime.

RE: Media Companion 3.5xx beta - Dirki - 2014-09-08

Quote: Can one show the real runtime of a movie? So, the runtimes of the 2 versions of Watchmen differ, but MC shows the same runtime.
OK, that's great, I didn't know.

Quote:So, there would be no way to make MC show all of the duplicates (without renaming), I assume.
As I see, may be just use a sub folder or more than one (for more than two different versions)? Or is there a drawback?

Is there anything I could do to not let MC scrape samples? May be set a file size or so of files not to be scraped?