Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-09-18

Many thanks for the new version,

Can one start MC without the splash screen (in the middle of the screen)? I cannot bring the splash which is in front of all the programs screen behind the open programs, so it it very difficult to use the computer while loading. Loading the database sometimes lasts very long.

At the moment MC - after the update - does not give any response, it shows "Loading TV Database). What is the best way to update? I have moved the unzipped files, folders to the old version, to the program folder and let the existing files overwrite, the folders insert. Was that correct?

Many thanks for the update, again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-09-18

Hello Dirki

Yes, this release clean's the cache folder down to 100 files at start and exit of Media Companion.

I added a note to the download page, after I experienced what seemed like a lock-up of Media Companion, until I realized the cache folder was very large.

As for the initial splash screen, I am looking at ways to speed-up the loading of the TV Cache, that will reduce the time the splash screen is visible.

Unfortunately we can't remove it or hide it behind MC, as, until all the Cache and settings files are loaded, MC will still be un-responsive. Sorry, you will have to bear with until I can get some improvement in the loading of the TV cache.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-09-18

I just loaded the new version (Thanks!). Clean install, get error looking for cache dir. After creating said dir...loads fine. Let you know how further testing goes. Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-09-18

Hello vbat99.

Quote: Yes, this release clean's the cache folder down to 100 files at start and exit of Media Companion.
Ah, so that is the cause, OK.

Quote: I added a note to the download page, after I experienced what seemed like a lock-up of Media Companion, until I realized the cache folder was very large.
Alright, thank you, yes about 2 GB big was mine. But only about 10 episodes of series.

Quote: As for the initial splash screen, I am looking at ways to speed-up the loading of the TV Cache, that will reduce the time the splash screen is visible.
OK, that's good, thank you.

Quote:Unfortunately we can't remove it or hide it behind MC, as, until all the Cache and settings files are loaded, MC will still be un-responsive. Sorry, you will have to bear with until I can get some improvement in the loading of the TV cache.
Yes, I understand. I will keep staying MC opened most of the time anyway, it is not that bad. Many thanks. I am very lucky with the new version, however.

(2014-09-18, 15:17)bobrap Wrote: I just loaded the new version (Thanks!). Clean install, get error looking for cache dir. After creating said dir...loads fine. Let you know how further testing goes. Thanks again.

Oh Crap, have to check that there is a cache dir first. Better check the code. Thanks for the head's up.

Media Companion 3.602b Released.
Download from here

Patch release due to crash if cache folder does not exist on initial startup.

Many more bug fixes, as well as a number of improvements, and some requested features).

Enjoy, and as always, Post a review, post up issues.

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-09-19

IMDB tab is still just taking me to IMDB. No option for TMDB. So far all else seems great. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-09-19

(2014-09-19, 03:56)bobrap Wrote: IMDB tab is still just taking me to IMDB. No option for TMDB. So far all else seems great. Smile

If the movie does not have a TMDB Id assigned to the nfo, then the IMDB tab will only be for IMDB. If TMDB is present, then you will be offered IMDB or TMDB browsing.

A number of versions ago, the TMDB id was included in the nfo, if the movie was scraped by XBMC TMDB scraper.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-09-19

Is there a way to show the information being displayed on the move tab on the series tab "TV Shows", e.g. runtime, first aired in a special coutry, e.g. Germany, genre etc.?

Runtine for the show, Genre and Premiered is displayed for the TV Show.
Country is not an available data field.

We display all available data for TV Shows in Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2014-09-19

Hey vbat - Great job on another awesome release!

Quick question: I remember there was an option to have movies grouped during scraping if they belong to a set but i can't find the setting. For example, if I add an X-men movie to my collection, it scrapes fine but no longer moves it to my X-Men Collection folder. I now have to move it manually. I could have sworn there was a setting to group movies based on TMDb set name but I can't find it. I have the option checked to scrape set set name on Movie Preferences\Scraper tab.

Wait -- do I just need to check Rename/Move Folder during Auto Scrape on the General Tab? Setting is %N\%T (%Y)

Man I feel dumb LOL... hopefully this helps someone else with a similar issue.

@RonnieG3

Yep, that's the one. Rename/Move Folder.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-09-23

Hey Vbat

I figured I would try and ask again regarding the plot that is scraped from imdb any chance to go back to priority plot from imdb instead of the longest?
Since I have moved away from MC I have been trying out some other scrapers, MB is still my favorite (A big part of the reason for that is the support you guys offer here and on codeplex) but the plot is kind of a deal breaker for me, but I come back and try out MC from time to time and I noticed the way MC saves genre info I think it is wrong, or atleast not optimal. MC saves it like this
<genre>Action/Adventure/drama</genre>
The problem is when you look up by genre in xbmc/kodi instead of getting
Action
Adventure
Drama
You get one genre that is action/adventure/drama
whereas if it is saved like
<genre>Action</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Drama</genre>
you get a propper list of genres in xbmc/kodi and not combined genres

Here is me hoping
Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-09-24

I'll have a look at adding an option to get the primary plot to mediacompanion for the next release, and will check on the genre as well.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-09-24

(2014-09-23, 22:44)ztrust Wrote: Hey Vbat
MC saves genre info I think it is wrong, or atleast not optimal. MC saves it like this
<genre>Action/Adventure/drama</genre>
The problem is when you look up by genre in xbmc/kodi instead of getting
Action
Adventure
Drama
You get one genre that is action/adventure/drama
whereas if it is saved like
<genre>Action</genre>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Drama</genre>
you get a propper list of genres in xbmc/kodi and not combined genres

Here is me hoping
Ztrust

Just checked Media Companion, and in the movie's nfo the genres are saved as
Code:
<runtime>131 min</runtime>
  <mpaa>R</mpaa>
  <genre>Action</genre>
  <genre>Thriller</genre>

We do use the format
Code:
<genre>Action / Comedy</genre>

But this is only in the moviecache.xml, which is internal to Media Companion, not scraped by XBMC.

What movie, what scraper, was used to get your above mentioned format of Genre??

BTW, scraping the primary plot from IMDB option has been added to Media Companion. Will be available in the next release.