Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - azshorty2003 - 2012-12-07

I started using this program last week and I love it so far. It did a much better job at picking up my TV shows the XBMC scrapper. 41 shows picked up vs 29 from XBMC. However, this is still not all of them. I have 48 different series total.

The biggest issue I'm having shows not showing up at all. Part of it was that the show folders may not have been named properly. I got better results after removing the years from the folder names or removing any extra text. However some folders are still missing, simply because, it doesn't recognize Something, whether it be folder name or file name. The folder is within the set 'root' folder. I would like to be able to select a folder/files, even when MC doesn't recognize them, so I can enter/choose the TVDB/IMDB profile that 'I' know its associated with. For example, I have the Japanese and English versions of Yu-Gi-Oh. Each in their own folders. TVDB picked up the English version right away and everything looks good. But TVDB doesn't have a listing for the Japanese version, so the folder doesn't display At All. But I know IMDB has a proper listing of these. But I don't have the ability to tell MC otherwise, because the Japanese folder doesn't display.

It would be great if there was the ability to pick a file/folder and have it create a .nfo file and have it scrape based on the file names based on a IMDB or TVDB profile number. For instance, I also have the complete Road Runner cartoon collection in a folder. Now technically these are movies and are individual, not part of a series. but for organization purposes, I want them in a folder together. But without them separated properly the scraper won't recognize them and most importantly, won't show up. It would take some effort, but I would like to be able to click each file and then type in the associated profile # and then MC would simply associate and create a .nfo file based on what I tell it.

I only just built a HTPC and started using XBMC, so at the moment I have no knowledge on how to create a .nfo file. I've seen the template and instructions, and am willing to give it a try if needed, but figured I'd ask here first if its currently possible to do what I'm trying to accomplish with MC.

Thanks for any help. This program is great.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - d3maxt - 2012-12-07

Can this be added please?
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429

Could really use this. Would make MC complete for people who use advanced skins, such as MQ! Smile

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Ashaneil - 2012-12-08

Hi Guys,
Quick question: I am running v3.5.0.8. I have Ben Hur split into 2 files: Ben Hur (1959).CD1.m2ts and Ben Hur (1959).CD2.m2ts. When I scrap this movie, it creates 2 nfo files - oen for each m2ts file. How do I force MC to only create 1 NFO file for the whole movie - Ben Hur (1959).m2ts?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - TH3 M0L3 - 2012-12-08

I could be wrong, but I think it's down to the extension .m2ts

I have named my 2 part movies

movie title (year)-cd1.mkv or mp4 or avi
movie title (year)-cd2.mkv or mp4 or avi

works just fine for me. MC creates nfo for first part:

movie title (year)-cd1.nfo

XBMC then almost seamlessly plays both parts as one.

Just for reference, my folder structure is

/movies/movie title 1/movie title1.mkv
/movies/movie title 2/movie title2.mkv

ie, seperate folder for each movie

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Ashaneil - 2012-12-08

Thanks TH3. Will try it and see if that works

*** EDIT***
Renamed the movies to:
Ben Hur (1959)-CD1.m2ts
Ben Hur (1959)-CD2.m2ts

No effect. MC still creates 2 nfo files - one for each. Any other suggestions?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - joecooper84 - 2012-12-09

Under Movies > Movie Preferences > General > Individual Movie Folder Options can we get an option to "Create poster.jpg" file for each folder? That will help with Frodo compatibility.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - johnmerrick - 2012-12-09

I'm getting the IMDB scraper problem with the XBMC TMDB scraper selected! It was working fine up until last night. I have the program set up to run the command line for 'mymovies' profile.

Anyone else getting this?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-08, 09:08)Ashaneil Wrote: Thanks TH3. Will try it and see if that works

*** EDIT***
Renamed the movies to:
Ben Hur (1959)-CD1.m2ts
Ben Hur (1959)-CD2.m2ts

No effect. MC still creates 2 nfo files - one for each. Any other suggestions?

Tested with latest MC3.511b with
Hall Pass-CD1.m2ts
Hall Pass-CD2.m2ts
only scraped one movie, only one nfo created.
(2012-12-09, 15:37)johnmerrick Wrote: I'm getting the IMDB scraper problem with the XBMC TMDB scraper selected! It was working fine up until last night. I have the program set up to run the command line for 'mymovies' profile.

Anyone else getting this?

Yes, tested with XBMC Scraper, IMDB scraper and got a crash message.

I'll post an issue on codeplex.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-09, 04:53)joecooper84 Wrote: Under Movies > Movie Preferences > General > Individual Movie Folder Options can we get an option to "Create poster.jpg" file for each folder? That will help with Frodo compatibility.
not right now, but hope to get dev's to add dual-saving, ie: .tbn and -poster.jpg etc. This will allow backwards compatibility for those still on Dharma/Eden.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - harmltc - 2012-12-12

Started using MC since this week (used Ember/Emm-r before). Great project!

Some complications:

I think I set all the preferences for TV Shows right:
- Download tv show poster/banner
- Season-all = poster
- TV Show thumb = banner

At first there were no banners at all for any of my shows. I tried the batch rescraper, like I did with my movies, and selected 'search and download missing posters if available'. Still no banners, so i decided to do my shows manually (right click, find missing art for this show), this worked instantly for my banners.

Question: Am I doing something wrong? and Is there a way to look at the season all poster in the tv show summary screen?

As with my movies, I learned that there are pre-determined movie sets, as seen on http://www.themoviedb.org. For example: Skyfall (new James Bond) is part of 'The James Bond Collection'.
Is there a way MC can scrape these movie set names and which movies belong to it? There should be a way XBMC itself determines which of my movies belong to a particular set, but i can't figure that out.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-12

(2012-12-12, 21:02)harmltc Wrote: Started using MC since this week (used Ember/Emm-r before). Great project!

Some complications:

I think I set all the preferences for TV Shows right:
- Download tv show poster/banner
- Season-all = poster
- TV Show thumb = banner

At first there were no banners at all for any of my shows. I tried the batch rescraper, like I did with my movies, and selected 'search and download missing posters if available'. Still no banners, so i decided to do my shows manually (right click, find missing art for this show), this worked instantly for my banners.

Question: Am I doing something wrong? and Is there a way to look at the season all poster in the tv show summary screen?

As with my movies, I learned that there are pre-determined movie sets, as seen on http://www.themoviedb.org. For example: Skyfall (new James Bond) is part of 'The James Bond Collection'.
Is there a way MC can scrape these movie set names and which movies belong to it? There should be a way XBMC itself determines which of my movies belong to a particular set, but i can't figure that out.

I know of the issue with initially scraping shows with banner selected and MC doesn't.

As for Collections, this is new and would have to be coded into MC. Something that would take a bit of time.

Both issues need the Dev's of MC to look into it. I'll raise the banner issue on Codeplex, and Movie sets as a feature request.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - harmltc - 2012-12-12

Great, thanks!

Another, tricky, thing is the trailer part. Only a few users like the functionality in their media collection. For me, having an url to a trailer in the .nfo is enough. I don't want the extra data of a trailer on my harddisk.
At the moment, MC has the option to include trailer url in the .nfo. How's this working? Because for some movies it does add one, and for others not. Every movie which has a trailer url, starts with pdl.stream.aol.com.
I guess this is not a link to a youtube trailer? Themoviedb.org has links to youtube trailers on their individual movie site. Any possibility to use that?
I tried switching the movie scraping preference to XBMC TMDB and then rescrape the trailer for a movie, but this didn't update the trailer line in the .nfo.

Keep up the great work!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-12

Hmmm.....I think HueyHQ worked on some of the trailer code. He may be better to answer this one next time he visits this thread.

I know the time I was testing downloading of Trailers, only function I really wanted was a 'Cancel" button, as some of the trailers can get quite big. 30~50Meg is OK, but had one 480p trailer hi 105Meg. no way to cancel it. bummer but not a big issue.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - davidjm - 2012-12-15

Have to say I love this software and it has come on greatly since the earlier versions.

One feature I would be interested in would be to have the software download both the banners and poster files for tv shows since I swap between different skins and depending on the skin will either use banner or poster views.

Not sure if anyone else would find this useful as well.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 22:40)davidjm Wrote: Have to say I love this software and it has come on greatly since the earlier versions.

One feature I would be interested in would be to have the software download both the banners and poster files for tv shows since I swap between different skins and depending on the skin will either use banner or poster views.

Not sure if anyone else would find this useful as well.

Hope to have this available in the next release. One of the Dev's of MC is working on it in his spare time.