Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-10-06

(2014-10-05, 23:44)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-10-05, 23:11)bobrap Wrote: Outstanding! Can I ask for a small favor? For my movies I use "Bluray" and "DVD" instead of BDRip, DVDRip, etc. Any chance you can add those to source type so I don't have to edit settings with each new release? Thanks.

Added "Bluray" and "DVD" to source list. Not removing BDRip or DVDRip, as these are still relevant source types.

Thanks, Rob. Didn't want anything removed, just added Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-06

New Release.

Media Companion 3.604b

Tv Shows can now feel the love of Fanart.TV Artwork You can AutoScrape Clear Art, Logo's, etc,and more. A new Fanart.Tv tab for the Tv Show section where you view and select the different offered art for the selected.
Suggested users check Images from Fanart.Tv for Tv Shows

Highlights of what's new.
  • TV - Fanart.TV Tab added for Tv Shows.
  • TV - Fixed Episode info layout.
  • MC - MultiMonitor is disabled by default. Option in General Preferences to enable/disable.
  • Movie - Added "Blueray" and "DVD" to source List..

Download Link for MC 3.604b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-10-06

Hey Vbat
Love the new release VERY cool
just a little heads up.
the save season poster to folder.jpg does not work
any plans on adding the genre editor to tvshows to ?
Ztrust

--Correction the save to folder works on auto scrape but not on manual change-------

I'll look into the folder. jpg although I thought it was working for season folders.

I can add the genre list to the TV section, although I would recommend editing thetvdb with the correct genre data

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-10-06

hey vbat
Thank you.
as I said Its just on manual selection on posters it dosent work so you end up having one that you are using and another for folder.jpg
and the genre thing is just a micro management thing, like having the same genres all over themoviedb list sience-fiction whereas thetvdb has sci-fi and batman the animated series has around 8 genres, I would find it usefull
so thank you

I'll check into it. There are a number of area's that save Season posters. Suppose I'd better check them all.

As for the Genre list, should be able to figure it into MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-10-08

hey vbat

We talked about the genres and how they where saved some pages back genre
and when I went back to check my own files I could not verify it, but I have now redone my tvshows and noticed it is for tvshows there is combined genres. so they are not stored in the nfo the same as for movies.

ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-08

Gidday ztrust

I just tested with Gotham and Helix, where TV Show nfo's have the Genre field as
Code:
Forever (2014)
<genre>Drama / Science-Fiction</genre>
or
Arrow
<genre>Action / Adventure / Crime</genre>

Both Gotham and Helix read these correctly, and if I look into Genre's under TV Shows, I get five different headings
Action
Adventure
Crime
Drama
Science-Fiction

So I added a new show, and edited the Genre to
Code:
<genre>Drama/Horror</genre>

This one was stored in XBMC as Drama/Horror
So it seems that no space/space between genre's and XBMC sees it as one Genre.

Now, I've check the three area's that MC uses and sorts Genre's for Tv Show, and I can not find an area that doesn't save space/space between multiple Genre's.

Is there any way you can check, when/where this might have been altered. What was done that may have removed the spaces?

BTW, Genre list is in play for Tv Shows. Will be in the next release.

Vbat
My man you are very cool.
I am not sure anything has been altered I just did a test run with the new release on my download directory for tvshows and saw how the genres where stored In the nfo and remembered our last conversation where I could not find it in my movies, so if you say its working I believe you Wink
I based it on nothing other then our priveous talk these files are not in xbmc.

Thanks for the list.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-08

Yeah, Movies have it stored
<genre>Action</genre>
<genre>Drama</genre>
<genre>Crime</genre>

And TV has it
<genre>Action / Drama / Crime</genre>

just tested with the new Genre listbox, and if you right-click the genre field, you get the pop-up box. Just click done, and it sorts the spaces Between Genre's, and auto-saved the Tv Show.

Hope to get a new release out in the next day or two

;D
Dunno what to say

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-10-10

hey Vbat

I have done all my tvshows with the new release, as far as i can tell everything works like a charm and am about to do movies but I have a question regarding how the genre editor works
If I select all movies that has sci-fi genre and replace with sience fiction and click save then all the movies get all the genre's selected correct ?
and the selected genres are from the first movie selected ?
so it is not a viable batch options (not a statement but a question)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-10

Hi ztrust

Unfortunately yes. Multi-selecting movies and trying Genre listbox, will set all to the same genre's as the first movie.

I delved into attempting Multi-movie support, but realized that while a user could easily add a Genre, you could not remove a common Genre without affecting all allocated Genre's to all selected movies. So I decided to leave this as single movie option only. Actually I should have made this disabled for Multi- movies.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make it support multiple movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-10-10

I dont know if it is a viable option but with multi select only the genres the movies have in commen are selected instead of the genres for the first movie.
I dont think its the end but maybe a first step

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - sparkster666 - 2014-10-11

Is it possible for this program to scrape ,wtv files?