Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-17

Correct. I specifically programmed this feature to only delete images and the nfo. srt, sub, idx, anything other that MC files, are left alone.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Manic D - 2014-10-18

Thanks for the updates. Found a bug today:

Titles including quotes are messed up, such as this one I scraped today that looked like this:

"Great Performances" Pete Townshend's Psychoderelict (1993)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131536/combined

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-18

(2014-10-18, 04:21)Manic D Wrote: Thanks for the updates. Found a bug today:

Titles including quotes are messed up, such as this one I scraped today that looked like this:

"Great Performances" Pete Townshend's Psychoderelict (1993)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131536/combined

Thanks, fix in place for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-10-18

How could I show the original movie title: http://i.imgur.com/EVuvw7n.png

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-18

Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab. Above Apply button is option IMDB - Where available scrape 'Original Title' instead of Title.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-10-18

Thank you, vbat99,

"Titel" means the movie title is shown in one's own language, I assume. I would like the original title be displayed under the German title (so be displayed as the second one) among the other ones in the drop down menu, but in that main filed the German title, if available.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2014-10-18

(2014-10-17, 18:54)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Great new features in the latest release. I seem to be having some problems on the TV side. I scrape a bunch of shows and when I go through trying to list missing episodes, a bunch of shows show no episodes at all. It's almost like it's not reading the nfo files. Probably not the best description of the problem. Sorry.

A request, if I may. Would it be possible to add the ability to select multiple items in TV?

Don't know if you saw this or not. Since I'm asking, how difficult would it be to split the delete nfo/artwork option into separate commands. Sometimes I just want to delete the nfo.

Also, is the default for Kodi to name files as poster.jpg or <moviename>-poster.jpg? Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-19

(2014-10-18, 23:05)bobrap Wrote:
(2014-10-17, 18:54)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Great new features in the latest release. I seem to be having some problems on the TV side. I scrape a bunch of shows and when I go through trying to list missing episodes, a bunch of shows show no episodes at all. It's almost like it's not reading the nfo files. Probably not the best description of the problem. Sorry.

A request, if I may. Would it be possible to add the ability to select multiple items in TV?

Don't know if you saw this or not. Since I'm asking, how difficult would it be to split the delete nfo/artwork option into separate commands. Sometimes I just want to delete the nfo.

Also, is the default for Kodi to name files as poster.jpg or <moviename>-poster.jpg? Thanks.

PM sent regarding missing episodes.

As for splitting of deleting nfo or artwork, they have to be together, as it takes all the info out of our database. I'll have a think on how best to just delete the nfo. BTW, is this a episode's nfo or the tvshow.nfo?

Regarding naming, it's both.

If movie is in root or its own folder, <moviename>-poster.jpg
If in it's own folder, you can have just poster.jpg.
User preference.

mc_com crashing on TV shows - Stuntman - 2014-10-20

I have had lots of intermittent crashes using mc_com for a while that seemed related to the TV show cache (deleted the cache XML file fixed the problem until it happened again), but ever since updating to the latest version, mc_com crashes every time it runs on TV shows. Everything works ok using the full MC application, it's just eh command line program that is having problems. As i use MC to automate my HTPC, this is a huge issue for me.

I am unable to paste the error I am getting as the console crashes before I can so I have had to take a screenshot. http://imgur.com/EPr9zVq

Clearing the cache unfortunately does nothing to fix the error this time. I have tied a fresh reinstall of MC but it has not fixed it.

Also, this error occurs on ANY new TV show episode, not just the one shown in the screenshot.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-20

(2014-10-20, 10:30)Stuntman Wrote: I have had lots of intermittent crashes using mc_com for a while that seemed related to the TV show cache (deleted the cache XML file fixed the problem until it happened again), but ever since updating to the latest version, mc_com crashes every time it runs on TV shows. Everything works ok using the full MC application, it's just eh command line program that is having problems. As i use MC to automate my HTPC, this is a huge issue for me.

I am unable to paste the error I am getting as the console crashes before I can so I have had to take a screenshot. http://imgur.com/EPr9zVq

Clearing the cache unfortunately does nothing to fix the error this time. I have tied a fresh reinstall of MC but it has not fixed it.

Also, this error occurs on ANY new TV show episode, not just the one shown in the screenshot.

There was an issue with mc_com.exe released in version 3.604b. Please update to 3.605b and advise if still occurring.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - noodlenoggan - 2014-10-23

Hi All,

When an auto scrape puts a movie in a movie set, if I want to have it moved out of the movie set folder that MC created for it, is there an easier way other than manually moving it via Explorer?

For example..Chinese Zodiac (2012) movie.

A Movie Set was created for it under Armour of God Collection during the search. I only have 1 from presumably a set and I don't want it to be categorized under that Movie Set.

It's currently listed as \\Movies\Armour of God Collection\Chinese Zodiac (2012).

I've tried removing the Movie Set categorization, saved the change, do a Refresh and Search but nothing changed as far as it being moved back under the Movies folder. Also tried rescraping, no change.

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-23

Two things you can try.
1. Change the template for Folder renaming from
%N/%T (%Y)
to
%T (%Y)
and then do a rename folder only.

Can't guarantee it, but it should move the movie from your
<rootmoviefolder>/<movie set folder>/<movie folder folder>
to
<rootmoviefolder>/<movie folder>

2. Remove the movie from the set and click 'Save'. Then try Rename Movie Folder only.

Otherwise use Explorer.

Hope the two option are of help. You could try No 2 first, as no settings need changing.

Let us know how you get on.

Tried option 2, no go.

With option 1, would that stop movie sets for any other movies that should be in a movie set? I'm looking only to fix one or a couple of movies.

Thanks!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-10-23

Yep, changing the Rename Folder template would set it for all movies.

So Explorer is the only option.

For what it's worth, I don't set Media Companion to auto rename movies and folders. I have the Enable Manual Movie Renaming selected, and once the movie is scraped, and checked (removed from a movie set), I r-click and select rename movie and folder.

LOL...alternatively, download the other movie(s) in that movie set.....kidding.

Bummer...yeah, maybe I have to. Lol.

explorer it is for now...

Would love when removing a movie from a movie set and saving the change in MC would move that specific movie back to the root folder where the movie set resides.