Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-15

Hey again Vbat
after upgrade to latest version I can no longer download poster from poster tab!
the download box has no text in it and when clicking it get error box "was unable to download"
this is on both of my machines

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-15

(2014-11-15, 18:46)mborland Wrote: Multi-Part files broken. Titles are in red, message pops up, video file missing. Or the settings have changed? In movie preferences, general, name mode is unchecked. I have my arts and nfo named to movie, and then the multi-part video files. Works fine back to version 6, but both 7 and 8 broke it. Also, tried changing the setting on name mode, re-scrape, same problem. Weird, it WILL rescrape it, but the red box comes up.

Just tested Multi-part movies, and scraped/added to MC perfectly. No indication of missing video files. No messagebox.

Can only suggest to run Media Companion as a clean install.

(2014-11-15, 17:14)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
I just added a new show where I had all images poster,season poster,and fanart from tmdb. but no logo. so on get missing fanart it downloaded and overwrote everything with images from fanart.tv.
is it suppose to be like that ?
I have checked to download from fanart.tv but still.
and you are busy with the releases its good work thank you
ztrust

Tested MC and it does not overwrite existing artwork. Make sure this is set in General Preferences. Don't overwrite existing artwork

(2014-11-15, 23:41)ztrust Wrote: Hey again Vbat
after upgrade to latest version I can no longer download poster from poster tab!
the download box has no text in it and when clicking it get error box "was unable to download"
this is on both of my machines

Poster Tab for TV or Movies. Tried both and working for me.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-16

tv shows well I will try and download and install again

-----ok 30 mins later---------
downloaded latest and made a clean install could still not download tv poster from poster tab, moved Media Companion folder to my D drive from my c drive still no luck.
downgraded to 07 and no problems.
I am on windows 7 x64

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-16

Same OS as I have. For TV Posters, which option did you select. TVDB, IMDB ?

Does the Show have a TVDB ID? Or IMDB ID? Or is this every show you have?

Just tested MC3.608b on a second PC, non-development PC, and it's bringing up posters for the couple of shows I added to it.

Sorry, need more info, possible a tvshow.nfo, so I can reproduce.

hey Vbat
all show has tvdb id basicly everything should be ok and im choosing tvdb posters
I tried for a coupple of shows, but I think there is a misunderstanding.
The poster show up fine the problem occurs when I try to download em!
The download button has no text, and when I click it, I get a dialog saying was unable to download
but the posters show up fine

Now I can reproduce. Seems I've altered some stuff and glitched the code.

Issue now fixed, will do a new release in next 48 hrs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - echo - 2014-11-16

Hi vbat, one tiny issue, not sure if its been mentioned before: for several versions now, MC is no longer adding the thousands separator "," for IMDB vote count... it would be great if this could be brought back as looking at "158,247" is cleaner then "158247" for example..

Thanks again for a great tool, keep up the good work!

(2014-11-16, 05:03)echo Wrote: Hi vbat, one tiny issue, not sure if its been mentioned before: for several versions now, MC is no longer adding the thousands separator "," for IMDB vote count... it would be great if this could be brought back as looking at "158,247" is cleaner then "158247" for example..

Thanks again for a great tool, keep up the good work!

Done. Will be in the next release.

RE: Multi-part - mborland - 2014-11-16

Folder structure:
D:\#Racing\Grand Prix (1966)
Files inside folder:
Grand Prix (1966).nfo
Grand Prix (1966).part1.mkv
Grand Prix (1966).part2.mkv
Grand Prix (1966)-fanart.jpg
Grand Prix (1966)-poster.jpg

When you say run a clean install? Go through using a clean install and reset all settings? Would I have to delete all the nfo files? Or just scrape from them?

(2014-11-16, 03:39)vbat99 Wrote: Issue now fixed, will do a new release in next 48 hrs.
very cool thank you

(2014-11-16, 15:36)mborland Wrote: Folder structure:
D:\#Racing\Grand Prix (1966)
Files inside folder:
Grand Prix (1966).nfo
Grand Prix (1966).part1.mkv
Grand Prix (1966).part2.mkv
Grand Prix (1966)-fanart.jpg
Grand Prix (1966)-poster.jpg

When you say run a clean install? Go through using a clean install and reset all settings? Would I have to delete all the nfo files? Or just scrape from them?

I see the issue is when you change the naming mode for multi-part movies.
ie: Grand Prix (1966).nfo
instead of
Grand Prix (1966).part1.nfo

I'll look into this and make sure it's fixed for the next release.

Just to let you know, the files are there and will be correctly scraped by XBMC, issue is changes I made to the code in identifying correct nfo naming. Apologies..

Hey Vbat I would like to request a small change for the next release its not big
but In tvshow selecter could this be renamed, it confused the hell out of me everytime.
Uncheck this if you do NOT want to overwrite existing images to something like uncheck to keep current art ?

and then I have one that is a little bigger exclude words from matching.
my tv shows have [Ended] if they are no longer running like this Human Target (2010) [Ended] so for all my show that are no longer running I have to use tvshow selecter.
it would be nice to be able to tell mc to ignore like you can do with folder

(2014-11-16, 20:54)ztrust Wrote: Hey Vbat I would like to request a small change for the next release its not big
but In tvshow selecter could this be renamed, it confused the hell out of me everytime.
Uncheck this if you do NOT want to overwrite existing images to something like uncheck to keep current art ?

and then I have one that is a little bigger exclude words from matching.
my tv shows have [Ended] if they are no longer running like this Human Target (2010) [Ended] so for all my show that are no longer running I have to use tvshow selecter.
it would be nice to be able to tell mc to ignore like you can do with folder

I'll look at reducing the confusion on Tv Show Selector Tab.

As for your adding [Ended], this is for show's that Are Finished, but your scraping for first time in Media Companion?

Or you don't want these show's to be found by Media Companion when adding from Root TV Folder, or if you do Check Root for New Shows?