Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - davidjm - 2012-12-16

Wow that was a quick reply thanks for letting me know

I look forward to seeing it when its released.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - artistwantab - 2012-12-16

Hey guys,

So I changed over from Ember to Media Companion and it worked beautifully.

I now have some new movies and tried the scraper again and now the trailers do not scrape.

I downloaded the latest version and the same thing. Not sure if there is something I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - DiMag - 2012-12-16

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I have been using several external (=control-XBMC-from-PC) library managers. So far, only MC manages to do the job without nuking the existing, in my (and presumably many other users') case highly customized local nfo files. To put this in perspective, if MC were a disk partition manager, it would be the only one to resize partitions without destroying all data.

In addition, of all library managers it has the cleanest and most ergonomic interface.

Because I have come to depend so much on MC, I naturally wish many more features were included. In my opinions the most useful extra features would be the following:

FEATURE REQUESTS:
  1. Ability to use more scrapers than the dominant trio (TheMDB, IMDB, TheTVDB). In particular, I would like to see included Lovefilm.com, a scraper (owned by Amazon) that has consistently better and more scholarly content information than either TheMDB or IMDB, and has an unexpected good index of ballet, opera and theater performances (at least the more recent ones).

2. Ability to download all actor thumbnails which currently are fetched in the form of, e.g., MV5BMjA0MjMzMTE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ2ODE3Mw@@._V._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg, to the actors (./actors) folder, and adjust the reference in the nfo file accordingly. (Renaming the said file as %ACTOR_NAME%.jpg would not seem to be necessary, though it would certainly be nice.)

3. The Home Movies features is a huge plus, however it would be even more useful if supplemented by a Home TvShows feature. Let me first remind you that movie.nfo is not necessarily a schema targeted toward movies, and neither is tvshow/episodedetails.nfo targeted toward TV shows. The real distinguishinc characteristic is that tvshow.nfo supports multi-part (episodic) content. Now most so-called home movies are of episodic content. Equally, most documentaries ---another video type for which the home movies feature is currently used--- are of episodic content. Therefor a "home tvshows" feature would seem to be of even greater use than the home movies feature.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-16

@DiMag

Thanks for your comments. MC is far from fully developed, but all functions currently available are working pretty good.

To answer your Feature Requests:
1. Scrapers used are consistent with XBMC, though more could be added.
2. Actors thumbs are currently saved into /.actors folder as example "Aaron_Eckhart.tbn" Not sure where "MV5BMjA0MjMzMTE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ2ODE3Mw@@._V._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg" is from, but not created by MC.

EDIT: Just found this string is used in the nfo. This is only for XBMC to link to website if image of actor is not saved to .actors folder

3. Home Movie feature is brand new into MC, And currently working very well. Home TV could be accomplish, but multi-part episodes would play from start for every sub episode listed in the filename. ie: S01E01E02E03, Ep02 and EP 03 would start playing at EP01, as MC could not distinguish where EP02 or 03 start in the file.
Adding video timeline searching would be a HUGH undertaking, and would bloat MC.

You are more than welcome to log into MC at codeplex and request new features.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - artistwantab - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-16, 22:49)vbat99 Wrote: @DiMag

Thanks for your comments. MC is far from fully developed, but all functions currently available are working pretty good.

Then what am I doing wrong when scraping Trailers?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-17

(2012-12-17, 02:43)artistwantab Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 22:49)vbat99 Wrote: @DiMag

Then what am I doing wrong when scraping Trailers?

Maybe I should have said, mostly working. LOL.

For Trailers, enable XBMC Scrapers and select TMDB. Pick the resolution of trailer you want. Click 'Save" and head back to Movies, Main Browser.
Right click a movie and select "Rescrape Specific - " and select "Trailers"

Once this is done, click the download trailers button in the movie info.

Just tested with "Salt (2010)" downloaded trailer pefectly., but some movies didn't find a trailer.
This would be a limitation in MC. But you can always download your own trailers. Label them exactly the same as the movie, but with -trailer before the extension.

Only catch I've found is MC is only currently identifying .flv extensions for -trailer files. BUT, this is on the ToDo list to fix.
You can change MOV or MP4 ending. Just delete the file type ending and put in FLV. It still will be played OK.

So, if manually naming and movie is
"Resident Evil - Retribution.avi"
then trailer name looks like
"Resident Evil - Retribution-trailer.flv"

Hope this helps some.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Eldesi - 2012-12-17

A new and very strange issue has occurred for me during my last big scrape using the updated 5.11 release.
After adding my two movie folders and a save and quick refresh, everything was there. I then searched for new and it found the 25 movies i'd added since the last big scrape (have been slacking off). All movies are just lumped into one of the two folders btw, never had any issues, nor did i this time..sort of.

Everything was fine, genres, runtimes plots etc, a couple of foreign posters but easily corrected. Not so for the fanart though. There were a couple i didnt like, so i went into the tab and changed the first one, only the other fanarts from the movies all changed to the same picture. This happened regardless of which movie i chose to change the fanart on.
However, this only happened in one of the movie folders. The HD movies in the other folder all had their own fanart, and were also changeable individually.
So i was thinking folder permissions..even though i hadn't changed anything. Only, checking both folders revealed identical permissions.

Ok thinks i, time to revert.. so i dropped down to 5.08..same thing. I had a copy of 3.4.1 still installed with an intact cache and settings, so i ran a rebuild on that and found all the new movies via the .nfos only for it to present the same problem regarding changing the fanarts.
Both of theses movie folders are stored on an external drive plugged into the htpc btw. I ran a take ownership bat script on all the files within the stubborn folder, although i can't for some reason get the read only attribute to f&* .. ..go away . However, this has never been a problem before now, and as i stated, the other (working) folders permissions are identical.

..and that's where i am at. I dont want to simply scrape the fanarts in Xbmc, because when Frodo settles into maturity in a few months i was planning to zap the whole system and freshen it, plus, it's bugging me.

This is the part some of you bigger brainers step in, chastise me for my folly and oversight, and point out the simple solution.. Then i thank you profusely. Smile
Regards, Mick.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2012-12-17

Hi Mick,
I had to respond 'cos I just loved your story - a fantastic read and well written!
Unfortunately, I can't think of a solution to your problem. I've been racking my brain, and it seems so familiar, but I just can't think of the answer. Sorry. If it comes to me in a blinding flash, I'll edit this post.
If you want to PM me, I could try help you work thru it.
Cheers, Huey

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jono25 - 2012-12-18

Hi all

I have just spent a very very long time sorting out my movie and TV collection using Media Companion (3.5.1.1) and FileBot, and they've done a tremendous job.

However, when I tell XMBC to search for new content, it's taking ages to process each movie. The TV programmes were done very quickly, e.g. one episode every 1-2 seconds. But it's taking between 30 and 120 seconds per movie. Why is this? It was much faster when I used XBMC's built-in scraper, but the results were not very good.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using RaspBMC.

Thanks.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2012-12-18

I would like to know too!
I got my Raspberry Pi about two weeks ago and as of last night, it was up to 'T'. I expect in another week it will have finished loading.
If anyone can offer a solution, I would love to hear it.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-18

Anyway we can not use tbn files? Seems XBMC is moving away from them. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2012-12-18

Apparently, .tbn files are still backwards-compatible for Frodo so far; the only images not compatible are those in DVD/VIDEO_TS folders - vbat99 is the expert on this and may provide further info.

I am in the process of updating Media Companion to use the new image scheme, so expect an update in the next few weeks.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - d3maxt - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-07, 20:14)d3maxt Wrote: Can this be added please?
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429

Could really use this. Would make MC complete for people who use advanced skins, such as MQ! Smile

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Please? Wink

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-18, 23:15)HueyHq Wrote: Apparently, .tbn files are still backwards-compatible for Frodo so far; the only images not compatible are those in DVD/VIDEO_TS folders - vbat99 is the expert on this and may provide further info.

I am in the process of updating Media Companion to use the new image scheme, so expect an update in the next few weeks.

Thank you, sir!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-19

(2012-12-19, 15:55)d3maxt Wrote:
(2012-12-07, 20:14)d3maxt Wrote: Can this be added please?
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/429

Could really use this. Would make MC complete for people who use advanced skins, such as MQ! Smile

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Please? Wink

This is already possible. Each movie needs to be in its own folder, then you can enable two options.
1. Movies are in individual folders
2. Enable extrafanart.

This will allow up to four extra fanart files to be saved in a extra folder.

(2012-12-18, 18:10)bobrap Wrote: Anyway we can not use tbn files? Seems XBMC is moving away from them. Thanks.

(2012-12-18, 23:15)HueyHq Wrote: Apparently, .tbn files are still backwards-compatible for Frodo so far; the only images not compatible are those in DVD/VIDEO_TS folders - vbat99 is the expert on this and may provide further info.

Only if x = unknown quantity and spert is a drip under pressure, then may be.

No, I've been following discussions of jmarshall and currently banners posters and fanart have changed with Frodo. For the better. And although there is some backwards compatability, some areas had to change to conform correctly. Gladly, actors thumbs (tbn) are still compatible. Wouldn't want a double up of all the actors.

See this discussion on MediaCompanion site http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/discussions/405463