Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-23

(2014-11-23, 18:46)clubwerks Wrote: Am I going to need to rename my trailers from movie-trailer.mov in order for MC to find them? I searched for some kind of checkbox to enable this type of trailer, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

O M G - Can't say how long that function has been broken, but just tested and found the fault.

Issue was with the extension. We had added MOV and other extensions, but the routine didn't use them. Weird.
So, as normal, <movie-name>-trailer.extn, is now detected. Be available in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-11-23

Just to be clear, I can name them <movie name>-trailer.MOV and that will work?

(2014-11-23, 20:20)clubwerks Wrote: Just to be clear, I can name them <movie name>-trailer.MOV and that will work?

Yes.

And that should have worked all-along, but for one glitch that no one found. So next release of Media Companion will find -trailer.mov er...Trailers. LOL

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-11-23

I'm really liking this program so far. I was using EMM for a long time, but the way it handled TV shows was not the best. Then I switched to MediaElch which worked great but was super slow and unresponsive on my relatively new i5 powered laptop. This program is almost overkill for my needs but I like that. Thanks for your hard work.

(2014-11-23, 21:35)clubwerks Wrote: I'm really liking this program so far. I was using EMM for a long time, but the way it handled TV shows was not the best. Then I switched to MediaElch which worked great but was super slow and unresponsive on my relatively new i5 powered laptop. This program is almost overkill for my needs but I like that. Thanks for your hard work.

Your welcome. We try to keep it simple with an easy, logical layout.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-11-24

Why do some of my shows' seasons have a green checkmark and some don't. Reading this thread, it says when a season has been watched it will have a green tick, but all the episodes show "unwatched" as the status and the season still has a green tick.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-24

(2014-11-24, 03:19)clubwerks Wrote: Why do some of my shows' seasons have a green checkmark and some don't. Reading this thread, it says when a season has been watched it will have a green tick, but all the episodes show "unwatched" as the status and the season still has a green tick.

This is Fixed for the next release. Hope to have out in a couple of days.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Dirki - 2014-11-25

(2014-11-23, 06:21)mborland Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 14:17)Dirki Wrote: How can one show Christmas movies only?

I do that. I have a folder called #Christmas, and put the movies into a SET called #Christmas. The reason I use the # is it moves the Set to the top of the movie list. Works like a charm. Same for #kids movies, or anything else you care to do.

Multi-part now works like a charm. Thanks vbat

Nod

Thank you, mborland,

Yes, good idea. I will try that.

Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-11-25

Hey, a new show just downloaded and I went to that show in MC and clicked search this show for new episodes but it doesn't find it. I can verify that when I search ALL SHOWS for new episodes, it picks up the new episodes. Is there something I'm missing? The handling of TV shows is the reason I stopped using EMM. This is basically seeming like the exact same issue. The show exists, it even has an NFO created by sickbeard but I've tried searching for it three times and nothing. I've actually tried it with several shows with the same result.

Just to be clear, I'm searching for new episode(s) by right clicking on the actual show instead of searching all the shows.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-25

(2014-11-25, 03:22)clubwerks Wrote: Hey, a new show just downloaded and I went to that show in MC and clicked search this show for new episodes but it doesn't find it. I can verify that when I search ALL SHOWS for new episodes, it picks up the new episodes. Is there something I'm missing? The handling of TV shows is the reason I stopped using EMM. This is basically seeming like the exact same issue. The show exists, it even has an NFO created by sickbeard but I've tried searching for it three times and nothing. I've actually tried it with several shows with the same result.

Just to be clear, I'm searching for new episode(s) by right clicking on the actual show instead of searching all the shows.

As a user of Sickbeard, I disabled it from scraping the nfo for episode long ago, as while it created a basic nfo, it was missing plenty of information, including StreamDetails.
Sickbeard is only allowed to rename the episode, and even then, to my specifications.

I would check the episodes and make sure it has season number and episode number in the filename.

Also, 'Search this show for new episodes' is working, ran it only couple of hours ago for five different series.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-11-25

It is named properly for sure. I have 23000+ episodes of 241 tv shows and they are all named perfectly. Are you suggesting it's an nfo problem with sb?

Here's the episode in question.

Well, that fixed it. Something I never considered. The absense of an NFO must be the signal that the episode is "new." First time I've ever heard that even after asking the same question 10 times. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-26

hey Vbat
sorry to keep coming with something but I noticed a few things.
banners get downloaded from Tmdb even though Fanart.tv has banner (and I must admit the quality is better from Fanart.tv) is this a bug since every thing else seems to get taken from fanart.tv if its there.
possebli an option to resize banners to fanart.tv dimensions ?
and I have noticed Extra fanart seem limited to 4 ?
named fanart 1-4
It would be nice with an option to choose how much extra fanart to download.
following the artwork downloader thread extrathumbs should be thumb 1 -4 and extra fanart keeps their name/id

Code:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)

Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-26

(2014-11-26, 17:05)ztrust Wrote: hey Vbat
sorry to keep coming with something but I noticed a few things.
banners get downloaded from Tmdb even though Fanart.tv has banner (and I must admit the quality is better from Fanart.tv) is this a bug since every thing else seems to get taken from fanart.tv if its there.
possebli an option to resize banners to fanart.tv dimensions ?
and I have noticed Extra fanart seem limited to 4 ?
named fanart 1-4
It would be nice with an option to choose how much extra fanart to download.
following the artwork downloader thread extrathumbs should be thumb 1 -4 and extra fanart keeps their name/id

Code:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)

Ztrust

Hi ztrust
Are you working on Movies or TV?

We limited the extrafanart & extrathumbs to 4 items, as this was simpler to program for the Fanart tab.

I did notice artwork downloader named this info differently, but promptly forgot to check and change Media Companion. Specially as no one has mentioned that artwork downloader didn't upload these images from extrafanart or extrathumbs folders. Is there a way you can confirm if these images are uploaded to XBMC or are they ignored by Artwork Downloader?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2014-11-26

Hi Vbat
it is for both I just did a clean install
and added one moovie folder and 2 tvshow so its for both
well I cant garantue anything but I do know when I run artwork downloader to get artwork into xbmc both the content of extra fanart and thumbs do get processed

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-11-26

For TV, if you have Download Tv poster/banner selected, this takes preference over fanart.tv. I believe the save for Movies, though for movies, Media Companion doesn't get Banners from TMDB, they are only available from Fanart.tv site.

What I could do, though trying not to get too messy with settings/options, is add a priority, ie: TVDB then fanart.tv, or fanart.tv then TVDB. That way, if something is missing on first source, and available in second, then it is saved.

I will have to add to my To Do list to check the extrathumbs naming and artwork downloader. But that will be for later.