Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-04

(2014-12-04, 19:45)bobrap Wrote: @vbat99
As a wishlist item, I'd love to have some way of syncing watched status between Kodi and MC. I just can't seem to get XBMC link (label change? Smile) to work for me.

That's all for now. Cheers.

Beat me to it. Slow typer, LOL!

Yes, I also would like to sync between Kodi and MC. I need to learn JSon to get it figured.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - clubwerks - 2014-12-05

(2014-12-04, 23:31)MANswers Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 22:37)clubwerks Wrote: You're probably going to need to run artwork downloader again after a complete rescrape to get disc art to show up.

Clubwerks, thanks again mate. You came yesterday as my saviour, and curised me to safety through this mess my xbmc was in. Thanks for recommending Media companion to me out of other 50 out there. Informed members like you are an asset to the community.

My only concern now is, do i have to run art work downloader again for all these 2000+ movies individually? or is there a way to batch process these jobs and step aside. to pull the disc image, that includes navigation from page to page each movie is taking around 30 seconds. lol not being lazy.. but when u've got to do this 2000+ times its demoralizing and feels like to give up on the disc images. Sad

(2014-12-04, 23:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 22:37)clubwerks Wrote: You're probably going to need to run artwork downloader again after a complete rescrape to get disc art to show up.

As clubwerks mentions above, Artwork Downloader does the heavy lifting of getting the images associated with the movie(s) in Kodi Library.

As for naming convention, I've tried to get it correct. But I need to Fix ExtraFanart to use the correct naming for those images. If there are any other naming issue with artwork, please let me know.

the program works like a dream, just a bit heavy on resources. or can i say it doesnt feel light??

All skins handle Artwork Downloader differently, but seeing as you're coming from mq5, I think you can run it from the collection menu, get logo/cleartart - auto mode. Solo mode does just the video you're on and gui mode lets you pick artwork from the list. I believe you can also go into the addons>program>artwork downloader and launch it. I can't swear for sure that works anymore, but it used to the way to do it. If you launch from the addon screen, it will do movies, tv shows, music videos, etc, whatever you have enabled in the settings.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - RonnieG3 - 2014-12-05

@MANswers Just to verify what clubwerks said:

In MQ5, go into movies and hit Up twice (either on remote or keyboard).

That will open the COLLECTIONS/CHANGE VIEW menu. Get Logo/Clearart - Auto is 3rd from the bottom.

Once you run AD, your all your artwork should be visible, including disc.png. It will take a while to run (especially with 2000+ movies), but once done, everything should be in order. Big Grin

One more thing, make sure you have Use Local Artwork checked on the advanced tab of AD.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-05

New Release.

Media Companion 3.610b

New
  • Movie - Add %M - Mpaa Cert for file and folder renaming
    Movie - Add XBMC TMDB Preferred Country Certificate. Fallback to TMDB Primary Certificate.
    Movie - Add option to save comma as thousand, million separator.
    TV - Add option to scrape artwork first from Fanar.Tv then any missing from TvDb
    Movies - Added -d command line argument to mc_com. Shows trailer download progress percentage complete to console. Ignored if -v (no console window) specified.
    Movie - Set quantity of ExtraFanart images.
    Movie - ExtraFanart now scraped with Movie (if selected)
Fixed
  • TV - Fix seasons showing watched if episodes have empty <playcount> field.
    Tv - Improved Open Folder function if season is selected. ie: Opens season folder showing content.
    Tv - Reworked Batch Rescrape Wizard, to improve performance.
    TV - Fix nfo if playcount is nothing.
    TV - Fix saving of edited Special episodes
    Movie - Catch exception of Votes empty.
    Movie - Try resolve Votes filter if full-stop as thousands deliminator
    Movie - Added Separate Movie list Reset button.
    Movie - Added DVD and Bluray to Separate List.
    Movie - Fixed Scraping Movie if filename has multiple extensions. ie: ghost.mkv-group.mkv.
    Movie - Alt Editor Blank nfo error fixed
    Movie - Alter ExtraFanart file naming to conform to Artwork Downloader naming.
    Movie - Removed saving of custom or selected fanart as ExtraFanart.
    Movie - Increase ExtraThumb to Max of 5 Images.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.610b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - MANswers - 2014-12-05

(2014-12-05, 01:40)clubwerks Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 23:31)MANswers Wrote:

Clubwerks, thanks again mate. You came yesterday as my saviour, and curised me to safety through this mess my xbmc was in. Thanks for recommending Media companion to me out of other 50 out there. Informed members like you are an asset to the community.

My only concern now is, do i have to run art work downloader again for all these 2000+ movies individually? or is there a way to batch process these jobs and step aside. to pull the disc image, that includes navigation from page to page each movie is taking around 30 seconds. lol not being lazy.. but when u've got to do this 2000+ times its demoralizing and feels like to give up on the disc images. Sad

(2014-12-04, 23:22)vbat99 Wrote: As clubwerks mentions above, Artwork Downloader does the heavy lifting of getting the images associated with the movie(s) in Kodi Library.

As for naming convention, I've tried to get it correct. But I need to Fix ExtraFanart to use the correct naming for those images. If there are any other naming issue with artwork, please let me know.

the program works like a dream, just a bit heavy on resources. or can i say it doesnt feel light??

All skins handle Artwork Downloader differently, but seeing as you're coming from mq5, I think you can run it from the collection menu, get logo/cleartart - auto mode. Solo mode does just the video you're on and gui mode lets you pick artwork from the list. I believe you can also go into the addons>program>artwork downloader and launch it. I can't swear for sure that works anymore, but it used to the way to do it. If you launch from the addon screen, it will do movies, tv shows, music videos, etc, whatever you have enabled in the settings.

(2014-12-05, 02:20)RonnieG3 Wrote: @MANswers Just to verify what clubwerks said:

In MQ5, go into movies and hit Up twice (either on remote or keyboard).

That will open the COLLECTIONS/CHANGE VIEW menu. Get Logo/Clearart - Auto is 3rd from the bottom.

Once you run AD, your all your artwork should be visible, including disc.png. It will take a while to run (especially with 2000+ movies), but once done, everything should be in order. Big Grin

One more thing, make sure you have Use Local Artwork checked on the advanced tab of AD.

Holy mother of God. you guys are awesome. Thank you so so much guys.
This did the trick. i turned off poster, fanart, and all the other extra's except for the poster and turned on the option to find locally stored cd art.
it did the trick. it took about 3 hrs, and it virtually found every single disk art stored within the movie folders.
not only that it effectively choose and downloaded disk art as per the disk format, dvd art for dvd movies, and bluray art for bluray disks.

What a day, i learnt more about XBMC in one day than i learn engineering in college. lol.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - MANswers - 2014-12-05

(2014-12-05, 05:22)vbat99 Wrote: New Release.

Media Companion 3.610b

New
  • Movie - Add %M - Mpaa Cert for file and folder renaming
    Movie - Add XBMC TMDB Preferred Country Certificate. Fallback to TMDB Primary Certificate.
    Movie - Add option to save comma as thousand, million separator.
    TV - Add option to scrape artwork first from Fanar.Tv then any missing from TvDb
    Movies - Added -d command line argument to mc_com. Shows trailer download progress percentage complete to console. Ignored if -v (no console window) specified.
    Movie - Set quantity of ExtraFanart images.
    Movie - ExtraFanart now scraped with Movie (if selected)
Fixed
  • TV - Fix seasons showing watched if episodes have empty <playcount> field.
    Tv - Improved Open Folder function if season is selected. ie: Opens season folder showing content.
    Tv - Reworked Batch Rescrape Wizard, to improve performance.
    TV - Fix nfo if playcount is nothing.
    TV - Fix saving of edited Special episodes
    Movie - Catch exception of Votes empty.
    Movie - Try resolve Votes filter if full-stop as thousands deliminator
    Movie - Added Separate Movie list Reset button.
    Movie - Added DVD and Bluray to Separate List.
    Movie - Fixed Scraping Movie if filename has multiple extensions. ie: ghost.mkv-group.mkv.
    Movie - Alt Editor Blank nfo error fixed
    Movie - Alter ExtraFanart file naming to conform to Artwork Downloader naming.
    Movie - Removed saving of custom or selected fanart as ExtraFanart.
    Movie - Increase ExtraThumb to Max of 5 Images.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Revision History

vbat99 i love you man

I was wondering if in the future you could inculcate options for music videos.
this includes adding options for creation of nfo files, for each music video downloaded in an album. I am not talking about the entire dvd album, but individual music videos from an artists album?
Currently its a pain to create multiple nfo files for each of these music videos, then copy the same poster over and over again, and rename these posters to the same name as the music videos.
I guess u know the process...
but is it possible, and could it be added to the future versions?

Did you fix the .mov trailer issue in this latest release?

(2014-12-05, 05:45)clubwerks Wrote: Did you fix the .mov trailer issue in this latest release?

Should be fixed in this release.

Sorry, forgot to add to the release notes: Fixed 24th November, so will be in this release
Quote:2578b0c84e1d
by vbat99
(1 download) Nov 24
6:24 AM

Fixed gettrailerpath function.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Wurzle - 2014-12-05

Media Companion 3.610b

New
Movie - Add %M - Mpaa Cert for file and folder renaming

Revision History

vbat99,

A very grateful thank you for fixing this

Wurzle

just noticed under the Preferred Country Cert there is no listing for the UK

Excellent. Making a great program even better.

Hey, it installs in a completely new folder. What's the best way to migrate our settings to the new version? Just copy the settings folder?

Nevermind. Figured it out.

Another question. Is there a way to search for new videos from just one source? I have 8 folders for movies and it takes a while to do a complete refresh.

@Wurzle I keep trying.
@clubwerks. Yes. Copy your settings folder across. But suggest you start and shut down then restart mediacompanion to get new settings saved in your config.xml file.

(2014-12-05, 06:17)clubwerks Wrote: Nevermind. Figured it out.

Another question. Is there a way to search for new videos from just one source? I have 8 folders for movies and it takes a while to do a complete refresh.

I can only suggest setting up multiple Profiles, maybe one profile per two folders?

Alternatively, if you know where the new movie is, you can Drag and drop it into the Movie list in Media Companion, and it'll be scraped.

(2014-12-05, 07:30)vbat99 Wrote: Alternatively, if you know where the new movie is, you can Drag and drop it into the Movie list in Media Companion, and it'll be scraped.

Holy cow, there's some useful information. Big Grin

(2014-12-05, 06:02)Wurzle Wrote:

Media Companion 3.610b

New
Movie - Add %M - Mpaa Cert for file and folder renaming

Revision History

vbat99,

A very grateful thank you for fixing this

Wurzle

just noticed under the Preferred Country Cert there is no listing for the UK
It's weird, but select GB - Great Britain. TMDB uses GB instead of UK