Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-29

(2014-12-29, 17:08)DigiTech Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 20:02)vbat99 Wrote: Unfortunately, not yet.
With XBMC TMDB scraper, you can select the language, and the api gets all the movie data in that language. We can't switch between languages.
IMDB is giving you your language based on IP address GeoLocation. And we can't, well I haven't been able to, fool the GeoLocation to a different part of the world.

But, I will start work soon on the Batch Rescraper, to allow this to rescrape specific data from TMDB. Currently the Batch Rescrape Wizard only uses IMDB.
What this means is you scrape your movie(s) using XBMC TMDB scraper set to Spanish. Then once done, change the language to English, and use Batch Rescrape Wizard to only rescrape the Genre field.

This hasn't been started yet, and only just been added to the To Do list.

Any news on this matter, i haven't checked last version of MC yet,

btw vbat99 thanks for your awesome work on this

Gidday DigiTech

Yes, rescraping now also supports TMDB.

You will still need to change your preferred language from Spanish to English, and then Rescrape the Genre's. Then, remember to switch the scraper back to Spanish language.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - DigiTech - 2014-12-29

Awesome, thanks a lot!!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Choppasmith - 2014-12-30

Had to say the latest versions of MC have been GREAT! I would usually have to switch between Ember and MC for different tasks but not anymore.

Home Movies works GREAT for the Video Extras add on. There are just a couple of problems

-It seems like it ignores any NFO already present. I had some extras with some specific Sort Titles and they were ignored
-It seems the longer the video, the more difficult it is to generate screenshots further into the file. I was able to create a thumbnail 2 minutes in for a 3 minute file, but for something that was about 20 minutes, it couldn't even go that far, let alone further than that.
-Not a big deal, but the only way to make it better and more convenient would be a way to choose between tagging <movie> or <tvshow> and being able to link it with a movie or tv show (in other words, just going full support of the addon, would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath)

Thanks guys

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-30, 23:42)Choppasmith Wrote: Had to say the latest versions of MC have been GREAT! I would usually have to switch between Ember and MC for different tasks but not anymore.

Home Movies works GREAT for the Video Extras add on. There are just a couple of problems

-It seems like it ignores any NFO already present. I had some extras with some specific Sort Titles and they were ignored
-It seems the longer the video, the more difficult it is to generate screenshots further into the file. I was able to create a thumbnail 2 minutes in for a 3 minute file, but for something that was about 20 minutes, it couldn't even go that far, let alone further than that.
-Not a big deal, but the only way to make it better and more convenient would be a way to choose between tagging <movie> or <tvshow> and being able to link it with a movie or tv show (in other words, just going full support of the addon, would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath)

Thanks guys

Gidday.

I'll have a look at ignoring nfo's if present, but what structure are these nfo? Are you able to PM me one to test with.

For getting the screenshots, we use ffmpeg. The downside of this is scanning through a large video file takes some time. I don't know another way to get a screenshot at a specific time frame, quicker.

Not sure what your are talking about with tagging <movie> or <tvshow>. Are you talking about joining a Movie to a TV Series? If so, this can only be done in XBMC/Kodi, as this is a Database link. Nothing in the nfo will allow this to be done.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Choppasmith - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 00:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 23:42)Choppasmith Wrote: Had to say the latest versions of MC have been GREAT! I would usually have to switch between Ember and MC for different tasks but not anymore.

Thanks guys

Gidday.

I'll have a look at ignoring nfo's if present, but what structure are these nfo? Are you able to PM me one to test with.

For getting the screenshots, we use ffmpeg. The downside of this is scanning through a large video file takes some time. I don't know another way to get a screenshot at a specific time frame, quicker.

Not sure what your are talking about with tagging <movie> or <tvshow>. Are you talking about joining a Movie to a TV Series? If so, this can only be done in XBMC/Kodi, as this is a Database link. Nothing in the nfo will allow this to be done.

I'm just getting used to the VideoExtras addon myself but from the wiki:

Basic Movie Extra Example

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<movie>
     <title>Who knows</title>
     <sorttitle>Who knows 1</sorttitle>
     <plot>Something happens</plot>
     <thumb>thumbnail.jpg</thumb>
     <fanart>background.jpg</fanart>
</movie>

Basic TV Extra Example

Code:
<tvshow>
     <title>Who knows</title>
     <sorttitle>Who knows 1</sorttitle>
     <thumb>http://forum.xbmc.org/images/xbmc/xbmc-lettering.png</thumb>
     <fanart>http://forum.xbmc.org/images/xbmc/xbmc-lettering.png</fanart>
</tvshow>

If you notice, the only real difference is the movie and tvshow tag, hence why I was asking if there could be a way to choose between Movie or TVShow. I set up the Home Movies scan folder to be the same as my Movie folder so the movies showed up, but also the extras. This was the NFO I had done manually in Notepad (just C+P'd the Example format above)

Code:
<movie>
     <title>Introduction from Ernest Borgnine</title>
     <sorttitle>DD Extras 1</sorttitle>
     <thumb>thumbnail.jpg</thumb>
     <fanart>background.jpg</fanart>
</movie>

And this is what it looks like in MC

As far as linking with a TV or Movie, I was just throwing that out there. Adding some kind of "Manage Extras" option maybe. By default, Video Extras scans your single movie folder for an "Extras" folder and that's where you put your extras and for a TV Show it's either TV Show\Extras or as I've been doing it so far TV Show/Season/Extras/. In theory, you can do episode specific extras but even the author seemed unsure. So I'm thinking MC could detect the extras you have and make thumbnails/nfos ready to go. But I could understand if such an addition could be seen as "low priority".

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2014-12-31

Yeah, don't think we're gonna be able to help in that matter.
Home Movies is just one way of loading up unscrapeable movies, or actual Home Movies.
And it's only for Movies. No method to set this up for Tv Shows.

As far as TV Extra's go, you'll need to load them as Specials. We don't have any other method for /Season/Extras folders.
ie: S00Exx.
You can create custom special episodes, even if they are not listed at TVDB, as long as you have the <showid> tag in the nfo, for the show they relate to.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-01-03

hey Vbat.
Regarding specials.
for alot of shows I have manually added displayseason and episode to have them show up in the correct place but mc seems to delete this date when i rescrape anything related to the episode, fx. when updating rating or votes. is there a setting somewhere to only rewrite the affected info?
-----IGNORE-------
sorry just read revision history

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-01-03

Huh
Quote:-----IGNORE-------
sorry just read revision history
Huh

I know Displayseason isn't used exported by XBMC/Kodi....damn, now doubting myself.

But, I know it isn't one of the fields that MC imports/exports when reading/writing nfo's.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-01-04

Quote:TV - Fix saving of edited Special episodes
I just thought this meant MC wouldent deleted manually added display seasons.
a few bug catches
when changing season poster from fanart.tv tab, folder.jpg is not updated. both with "dont overwrite existing artwork" checked and uncheked.
and I noticed the excludefromtvshowscan in config.xml stopped working.---edit---- this may work I worked on one show
if poster are from tmdb, get missing fanart still rewrites them with posters from fanart.tv (is this as it is suppose to be?)
tvshow extrafanart no matter how it is scraped is limited to fanart1-4 so only 4 extra fanarts are downloaded
regarding Fanart.tv tab it is really difficult to scrape it says fanart tv is offline but if you go back and select a show you have scraped with the fanart tab and load the fanart and the go back to the show where fanart tab says offline you can force it to appear sometimes

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - JohnDoranNY - 2015-01-04

I really appreciate the time and effort put into Media Companion. It has (once again) become my 'go to' fix for redoing my Kodi collection (which is pretty huge).

I have a few suggestions/requests....

(1) Can the 'search' feature/filter be applied to a filename (ie: I'd like to click on File Name button, type '3DTAB' and see all the 3D movies in my collection.. I don't have '3D' in the title since most times that causes the plugin to download extra artwork not to find the correct movie (it will find Avatar fine and download all art, but not Avatar 3D).

(2) Is it possible to add tags based on filenames (a feature you have for keywords).. ie: during scrape, if a file contains 3D.TAB or 3D.SBS add the tag 3D to NFO

(3) This may already be possible, but I have not had luck making it happen.. when I scrape TV shows, and it finds TV shows for specials which are not found on TheTVDB, could it auto create a blank NFO using the filename to populate things such as Season (ie: 0), title, etc? I have a lot of TV shows with 'the making of' specials that are not allowed on TheTVDB which I usually manually create the NFO for and populate it with the necessary information but it would be nice to scrape all my shows and see a list of all such episodes found and NFO's created by Media Companion (with a warning next to it) so I can go in and edit/save.

(4) (just came to mind) is it possible to have it a configurable option when scraping movies/tv shows that the inclusion of 3D in the title is optional (based on configuration)... it's a bit of a drag to have to manually go into all the 3D movies and remove the 3D from the title after rescrapring. It would be nice if that was a checkable option in the MOvie Preferences or General Preferences screen to add 3D or ignore 3D tagging in the Title itself.

Once again, thanks for this wonderful utility!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 01:40)ztrust Wrote:
Quote:TV - Fix saving of edited Special episodes
I just thought this meant MC wouldn't deleted manually added display seasons.
a few bug catches
when changing season poster from fanart.tv tab, folder.jpg is not updated. both with "dont overwrite existing artwork" checked and uncheked.
and I noticed the excludefromtvshowscan in config.xml stopped working.---edit---- this may work I worked on one show
if poster are from tmdb, get missing fanart still rewrites them with posters from fanart.tv (is this as it is suppose to be?)
tvshow extrafanart no matter how it is scraped is limited to fanart1-4 so only 4 extra fanarts are downloaded
regarding Fanart.tv tab it is really difficult to scrape it says fanart tv is offline but if you go back and select a show you have scraped with the fanart tab and load the fanart and the go back to the show where fanart tab says offline you can force it to appear sometimes

There are some tags, that Media Companion doesn't use, these are not present when reading the nfo's, so that info is discarded with re-writing the nfo's.
I'll have a look and see if I can add <displayseason> into Media Companion.

Also, will check folder.jpg and missing fanart overwriting from fanart.tv for movies.
And extrafanart. As for Fanart.Tv offline, this is a default message if we can't get data back from them. I'll see about adding a Refresh button to this tag. But, I have noticed a lot of this occurring, and see they have had many hits, so might be limiting access due to api being busy. Will research some more.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-01-04

(2015-01-04, 21:15)JohnDoranNY Wrote: I really appreciate the time and effort put into Media Companion. It has (once again) become my 'go to' fix for redoing my Kodi collection (which is pretty huge).

I have a few suggestions/requests....

(1) Can the 'search' feature/filter be applied to a filename (ie: I'd like to click on File Name button, type '3DTAB' and see all the 3D movies in my collection.. I don't have '3D' in the title since most times that causes the plugin to download extra artwork not to find the correct movie (it will find Avatar fine and download all art, but not Avatar 3D).

(2) Is it possible to add tags based on filenames (a feature you have for keywords).. ie: during scrape, if a file contains 3D.TAB or 3D.SBS add the tag 3D to NFO

(3) This may already be possible, but I have not had luck making it happen.. when I scrape TV shows, and it finds TV shows for specials which are not found on TheTVDB, could it auto create a blank NFO using the filename to populate things such as Season (ie: 0), title, etc? I have a lot of TV shows with 'the making of' specials that are not allowed on TheTVDB which I usually manually create the NFO for and populate it with the necessary information but it would be nice to scrape all my shows and see a list of all such episodes found and NFO's created by Media Companion (with a warning next to it) so I can go in and edit/save.

(4) (just came to mind) is it possible to have it a configurable option when scraping movies/tv shows that the inclusion of 3D in the title is optional (based on configuration)... it's a bit of a drag to have to manually go into all the 3D movies and remove the 3D from the title after rescrapring. It would be nice if that was a checkable option in the MOvie Preferences or General Preferences screen to add 3D or ignore 3D tagging in the Title itself.

Once again, thanks for this wonderful utility!

No.1 Might be possible. But I would attempt to contact the plugin creator to get their plugin to ignore these entries in the filename.

No.2 Currently not. We have filters for some entries in the filename, to be added as the Source. You may want to add 3D, 3DTAB etc to Video Source list in Media Companion, and remove those entries from the Separate Movie Indentifier list. Look at Movie Preferences, Advanced and Advanced 2 Tabs.

No.3 Has been on the list to be able to have a Episode NFO editor, but has not been started on....yet.

No.4 See answer No.2. Add these to Clean Filename Settings. So with (example) 3DTAB added to Clean Filename Settings list, removed from Separate Movie Identifier List, and added to Video Source list, This should see you right for scraping, and removing of these from the Filename when renaming.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - jubilex - 2015-01-05

Is there a reason why Media Companion doesn't include a <dateadded> tag? It seems like a lot of the utility of this program is so we can easily re-import our libraries with new XBMC installs or whatever, but without a <dateadded> tag, our libraries will not be sorted in any sensible sense of newest to oldest, simply in the order they are added to XBMC. Which, if we're importing our entire existing libraries at once, means they will all be added on the same day and thus "newest" and "recently added" sorts will be useless.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-01-05

(2015-01-05, 02:28)jubilex Wrote: Is there a reason why Media Companion doesn't include a <dateadded> tag? It seems like a lot of the utility of this program is so we can easily re-import our libraries with new XBMC installs or whatever, but without a <dateadded> tag, our libraries will not be sorted in any sensible sense of newest to oldest, simply in the order they are added to XBMC. Which, if we're importing our entire existing libraries at once, means they will all be added on the same day and thus "newest" and "recently added" sorts will be useless.

the <dateadded> is the same as the video's created or Modified date, and has nothing to do with adding to Library.

If I recall correctly, this is only exported from the Database, not scanned in.

There is no information if this is imported into XBMC/Kodi at all. From the Wiki:
Quote:0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
See here:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

But to be sure, I will investigate this a bit further.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - lantz69 - 2015-01-05

I think he means that if you rescan a .nfo file the tag <createdate></createdate>in the NFO adds the current date and time and not the date time when the video file is created.
When you sort the movies in Mediacompanion by "Date Added" it sorts according to <createdate> from the .nfo which currently is not correct
Kodi use the files createdate by default as you wrote and there the sorting by Date Added is working correctly.

(2015-01-05, 05:31)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 02:28)jubilex Wrote: Is there a reason why Media Companion doesn't include a <dateadded> tag? It seems like a lot of the utility of this program is so we can easily re-import our libraries with new XBMC installs or whatever, but without a <dateadded> tag, our libraries will not be sorted in any sensible sense of newest to oldest, simply in the order they are added to XBMC. Which, if we're importing our entire existing libraries at once, means they will all be added on the same day and thus "newest" and "recently added" sorts will be useless.

the <dateadded> is the same as the video's created or Modified date, and has nothing to do with adding to Library.

If I recall correctly, this is only exported from the Database, not scanned in.

There is no information if this is imported into XBMC/Kodi at all. From the Wiki:
Quote:0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
See here:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <dateadded>0</dateadded>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

But to be sure, I will investigate this a bit further.