Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-02-07

ok for naming convention. i will use the AD format since i manually edit my movie.

For the poster, we can find number of artwork of 1000*1500 +/-100px and some over 3000 width (a pain to DL...).

As i said previously, i am used to XBNE who have some interesting option but the partial rescrap option of MC is missing and is the very raison i would like to migrate to him. So i check the other option i use the most to see if i can only use MC.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mata7 - 2015-02-07

(2015-02-06, 19:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 10:10)mata7 Wrote: my browser is super clean, i use ccleaner, tmdb work fine in firefox, i dont use any AV or FW, if was a firewall problem then imdb wont work also, i just give it full access trough Windows fire wall and i run it as administrator

i dont know what the problem could be, anyways thanks for you help

I really don't know why that is happening. Have you tried not running it as Administrator? Also, what is the location of the Media Companion folder? Try moving it to the root of your C: Drive (or D: Drive) and not in a User folder, or on your desktop.

try all that but nothing help, dont know what the problem is and look like i am the only one with this problem, lucky me i dont use that feature that much, i still love you app thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-02-08

Can't think of anything that would be causing this.

So you don't have an Antivirus at all? If you do, most have their own Firewall now-a-days.

Also, for windows Firewall, easiest to just temporary disable it to see if it might be the cause.

Otherwise, Try a Clean Extraction of Media Companion.

I'll have to look at getting a Virtualbox with Windows 8 running in it some time.

(2015-02-07, 09:58)Levi59 Wrote: ok for naming convention. i will use the AD format since i manually edit my movie.

For the poster, we can find number of artwork of 1000*1500 +/-100px and some over 3000 width (a pain to DL...).

As i said previously, i am used to XBNE who have some interesting option but the partial rescrap option of MC is missing and is the very raison i would like to migrate to him. So i check the other option i use the most to see if i can only use MC.

I apologize, I was getting confused with Fanart height.

I will add the option of 1280 to the list for Max Poster height. This will be available in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mata7 - 2015-02-08

(2015-02-08, 04:54)vbat99 Wrote: Can't think of anything that would be causing this.

So you don't have an Antivirus at all? If you do, most have their own Firewall now-a-days.

Also, for windows Firewall, easiest to just temporary disable it to see if it might be the cause.

Otherwise, Try a Clean Extraction of Media Companion.

I'll have to look at getting a Virtualbox with Windows 8 running in it some time.

no i dont use AV i reimage my pc everyday for fresh start, btw i use windows server 2012R2

Right, there could be an issue I can't reproduce.

Server 2012, 2008 have stronger protection against Internet access. You'll need to add TMDB site to trusted sites in Internet Explorer, or check the Server Management to allow Media Companion full Internet access.

Having just worked with Server 2008 and 2012 at my work, I know these are stricter OS's. Alternatively, run Win 7 in a VM with Media Companion, or run Media Companion in compatible mode of XP or such.

And that's all I can offer for help.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - mata7 - 2015-02-09

finally fix the problem, i add the TMDB to trusted site on IE and that fix it, for some reason i trough that i did it before because i did that with imdb but forgot to do it 2 tmdb, thanks a lot for you help

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-02-10

(2015-02-06, 23:12)Levi59 Wrote: Is there a way to not download some artwork when activate auto scrap on fanart.tv? I don't use banner or landscape for movie so i don't need them.
up

And take this opportunity to repost my request in the previous MP, ie adding a filter for the country.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-02-10

Read the pm but confused about country filter. What exactly are you after?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-02-11

hey vbat.
would it be possible to change how mc saves studios ?
right now when I sort by studios instead of individual studios I have combined studios wich makes it impossible to locate one studio
so if a movie is produced by marvel and warner brothers I get a studio that looks like this
Marvel / warner brothers instead of
Marvel
Warner brothers

Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-02-11

(2015-02-11, 01:49)ztrust Wrote: hey vbat.
would it be possible to change how mc saves studios ?
right now when I sort by studios instead of individual studios I have combined studios wich makes it impossible to locate one studio
so if a movie is produced by marvel and warner brothers I get a studio that looks like this
Marvel / warner brothers instead of
Marvel
Warner brothers

Ztrust

Searching in Media Companion or in XBMC/Kodi?

Can you give an example movie please.

Hi Vbat
sorry its in Kodi
It is for all movies.
I cheked 5 movies or so and they all save studio this way
this is how my MC nfo is
<studio>Bull's Eye Entertainment, Bob Yari Productions, Contagious Entertainment</studio>
and when I look up by studio I get one studio called "Bull's Eye Entertainment, Bob Yari Productions, Contagious Entertainment".

I did a test and copied a movie and changed the title so I could tell em apart all i changed was the studio to
<studio>brian 1, brian2, brian 3</studio> wich yield one studio "brian 1, brian2, brian 3"
copied again and changed studio to
<studio>brian 1</studio>
<studio>brian2</studio>
<studio>brian 3</studio>
wich gave me 3 single studios
Brian 1
Brian 2
Brian 3
hope this explains it
ztrust

Yes, I just tested with two <Studio> entries in the nfo, and XBMC/Kodi pulls them both. But, Media Companion one slows one studio.

Oops, My Bad.... Will get it fixed for the next release.

Merci Wink