Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-26

I have published a new release MediaCompanion3.512b

You can download this release or delete the "Settings" folder.

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/99534#ReviewsAnchor

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - TH3 M0L3 - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-21, 22:17)tommymsw Wrote: Some of my movies (movies I have had for a while) are no longer scraping on XBMC and it just started.So I got this program but when I scan the movies folder, those movies don;t even show up in MC. They are in the exact same folder, same name format, same everything! I even tried deleting the NFO file and it STILL will not scrape in xbmc or even show up in MC so I can't even do it manually! Two examples are Avatar and Apollo 18. I have removed the "movie" source and then re-added it in MC and STILL there are like 20 movies that will not show up. Its crazy!

Edit: Even if I add the path to the exact movie C:/movies/Avatar MC still will not see it. The movie is there, I can play it. And the file name is simply Avatar in a folder labeled Avatar (2009)

I have the same issue with one of the Harry Potter movies.
Tried everything you did, including deleting the movie cache to no avail.

I've given up on this and just live with it.

I have one parent folder which MC and XBMC monitor: /movies
Each movie is in its own folder: /movies/ movie name (year)/ movie name (year) etc

If there is a solution to this then I would be most appreciative!

New release today 3.5.1.3
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/99548

Changelog
- Fixed bug for automaticaly select the first actor of the list.
If there's no actor it display the default actor icon.
- Reorganization of the labels & design.
- Change the IMDB tab Logo.
- Center Download Trailer Progress Bar.
- Change the save button.
- Change the multisave Label.
- Lilmit the rating value to 3 positions.
- Center Splash screen on startup.
- Refactoring some controls

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-26

Appreciate your work on this. I don't know if it's my setup, but, the save settings button is not placed correctly. Also, I believe the SORT label is "short" instead of "sort". Last thing is fanart aspect ratio seems to be off...stretches too much. Thanks again. Smile

New release 3.5.1.3b

Changelog
- Fixed Ratio resizing on fanart.
- Change Short -> sort

@Bobrap: u don't like the save button on the left ?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 21:21)jeanbraye Wrote: New release 3.5.1.3b

Changelog
- Fixed Ratio resizing on fanart.
- Change Short -> sort

@Bobrap: u don't like the save button on the left ?

For me, the save button is almost in the middle of the screen. As I said, could just be my setup. Let me reload the new release. Thanks!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - kruuth - 2012-12-30

Silly question here, but how do you get rid of those #overview issues

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Juan546 - 2012-12-30

What about trailer download? Also, any plans to see basic music functionality shortly (artist info and art, artist, no album related info to keep things simple)?ImageImageImageImageImage

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-30

The trailer download is working , you just need to select one or some movies -> right click -> resrape specific -> trailer.
After that the trailer button will diplay download if the trailer is avalaible for this movie.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 04:13)kruuth Wrote: Silly question here, but how do you get rid of those #overview issues

This issue was resolved in release MC 3.511b or MC 3.510b.

To correct the issue, you will need to re-scrape the movie in MC. two options
1). L-click movie and select "Change Movie" or "Rescrape Movie"
2. Manually remove nfo file on all affected movies and then "Refresh all movies" in MC, and finally "Scan for new Movies"

Hope that helps.
(2012-12-30, 04:37)Juan546 Wrote: What about trailer download? Also, any plans to see basic music functionality shortly (artist info and art, artist, no album related info to keep things simple)?

(2012-12-30, 12:57)jeanbraye Wrote: The trailer download is working , you just need to select one or some movies -> right click -> resrape specific -> trailer.
After that the trailer button will diplay download if the trailer is avalaible for this movie.

Gidday jeanbraye

First, thanks for coming onboard MC and fixing some of the bugs.

I think what Juan was asking for was regarding trailer extensions. Currently MC is only coded to download or identify existing trailers with extension .flv

Juan, as for Music functionality, it is possible, but a large undertaking, and the Dev's primarily want Movies and TV Shows working 100%

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-31

New release today 3.5.1.4 (Beta)

Hi folks i have put some cool new things on your favorite application Wink

- Replace the list of movies by a new one with icons of watched movies and icons of existing plot on the movie.
- Created a new tooltip with a better design
- Some bug fix.
- Rewritten the filters functions (Not fully implemented -> duplicated, Genre filter (It's for 2013 Nod ))

I hope you enjoy this new release, some bugs may be left due to the lot of changes i have made on the application.
I will give you a better version a soon as possible.

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2012-12-31

Stable Release 3.5.1.4

- The filters are completely rewriten
- The filter by media are now working.
- Display improvements of the movielist.

MediaCompanion 3.5.1.4

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - swehawk - 2012-12-31

Hi everyone, this is my first post! And btw....Happy New Year Smile
I have some problems regarding artwork. The story is that I'm using Serviio dlna/upnp media server, which is the best in its cathegory. I also like to have some control of my metadata and artwork, that's why I'm using MC. Serviio has the option to fetch metadata from local xbmc nfo's and also local images. Now, Serviio only accepts the following formats:
Video: dvdcover.jpg, movie.jpg, name including "poster".jpg, {media_file_name}.jpg

So the problem is that MC produces either {media_file_name}.tbn or Folder.jpg, none of which are accepted by Serviio Confused
The latest versions of MC claims to support Frodo artwork naming convensions, but then the extension should not be tbn but rather jpg (or png). Will this be fixed soon? I also gave Media Center Manager a try, hoping to find support for jpg's there, but no luck. I'd rather stick to MC anyway.

Im also happy to see the development getting up to speed again since jeanbraye joined. Good work, keep it rolling Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-31, 21:38)swehawk Wrote: Hi everyone, this is my first post! And btw....Happy New Year Smile
I have some problems regarding artwork. The story is that I'm using Serviio dlna/upnp media server, which is the best in its cathegory. I also like to have some control of my metadata and artwork, that's why I'm using MC. Serviio has the option to fetch metadata from local xbmc nfo's and also local images. Now, Serviio only accepts the following formats:
Video: dvdcover.jpg, movie.jpg, name including "poster".jpg, {media_file_name}.jpg

So the problem is that MC produces either {media_file_name}.tbn or Folder.jpg, none of which are accepted by Serviio Confused
The latest versions of MC claims to support Frodo artwork naming convensions, but then the extension should not be tbn but rather jpg (or png). Will this be fixed soon? I also gave Media Center Manager a try, hoping to find support for jpg's there, but no luck. I'd rather stick to MC anyway.

Im also happy to see the development getting up to speed again since jeanbraye joined. Good work, keep it rolling Smile

One of the Dev's for MC, HueyHQ is in the process of making MC compatible with Frodo artwork, whick includes "poster.jpg" etc.

No time frame as it is the holidays.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-31, 00:20)jeanbraye Wrote: New release today 3.5.1.4 (Beta)

Hi folks i have put some cool new things on your favorite application Wink

- Replace the list of movies by a new one with icons of watched movies and icons of existing plot on the movie.
- Created a new tooltip with a better design
- Some bug fix.
- Rewritten the filters functions (Not fully implemented -> duplicated, Genre filter (It's for 2013 Nod ))

I hope you enjoy this new release, some bugs may be left due to the lot of changes i have made on the application.
I will give you a better version a soon as possible.
Gidday Jean and Happy New Year.

Just tested your build 3.5.1.4, and it is looking great.

For testing purposes, I have a Movie folder with four movies. MC did not populate the movie list, but did display the heading "Displaying 0 of 4 movies". So while the movies were in the data base, it wasn't by default displaying any of them.

I did manage to get some in the movie list after clicking on "Reload Movie From Cache", but if this is selected a couple of time, then I was getting duplicate movies, ie: "Displaying 8 of 4 Movies", with no way of clearing the movie list.

I would make one suggestion for the movie list, if you have the column for Year displayed, the (year) on the movie title, could be removed. Makes a bit prettier.Huh

Apart from this, I believe the Movie section is looking great. Thanks for the great work.