Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - john8546 - 2015-03-29

Whenever I scrap a movie using movie preference "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper" as the movie is not found in IMDB, it scraps the movie well but without the premiere date and also it puts the movie in duplicates filter. Premiere date is scarped when and only if i select "scrap the following from IMDB" select all for Outline,Top250, Rating,Stars, Certificate & Vote.

Whether date is available or not in TMDB it puts the movie in duplicate filters.

Also without using movie preference "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper" which I normally do using the default scarper IMDB and go to change movie and select the movie from TMDB, the premiere date do not pop up and also the movie is listed in General --> Duplicate filter.

Kindly help. Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-29

(2015-03-29, 00:16)john8546 Wrote: Whenever I scrap a movie using movie preference "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper" as the movie is not found in IMDB, it scraps the movie well but without the premiere date and also it puts the movie in duplicates filter. Premiere date is scarped when and only if i select "scrap the following from IMDB" select all for Outline,Top250, Rating,Stars, Certificate & Vote.

Whether date is available or not in TMDB it puts the movie in duplicate filters.

Also without using movie preference "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper" which I normally do using the default scarper IMDB and go to change movie and select the movie from TMDB, the premiere date do not pop up and also the movie is listed in General --> Duplicate filter.

Kindly help. Thanks

Premier date is retrieved from TMDB if Use XBMC TMDB Scraper is selected. If this field is not retrieved, then it may not be set on TMDB site.
Just tested with Avatar movie.

As for putting this in the Duplicate filters, there must be a duplicate of this scraped movie already.

Please post up the Movie you are attempting to scrape. Also, check what movie(s) show when you select the Duplicate filter.

All seems to be working correctly at my end, so other things to check are:
Firewall
Antivirus
Dot Net 4.0 Client is installed.
(in Windows 7 I also needed to turn on Dot net 3.5.1 under Turn Windows Features on or off) - not sure if this is needed for Windows 8 or 8.1

(2015-03-29, 01:05)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 00:16)john8546 Wrote: Whenever I scrap a movie using movie preference "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper" as the movie is not found in IMDB, it scraps the movie well but without the premiere date and also it puts the movie in duplicates filter. Premiere date is scarped when and only if i select "scrap the following from IMDB" select all for Outline,Top250, Rating,Stars, Certificate & Vote.

Kindly help. Thanks

Premier date is retrieved from TMDB if Use XBMC TMDB Scraper is selected. If this field is not retrieved, then it may not be set on TMDB site.
Just tested with Avatar movie.

As for putting this in the Duplicate filters, there must be a duplicate of this scraped movie already.

Please post up the Movie you are attempting to scrape. Also, check what movie(s) show when you select the Duplicate filter.

All seems to be working correctly at my end, so other things to check are:
Firewall
Antivirus
Dot Net 4.0 Client is installed.
(in Windows 7 I also needed to turn on Dot net 3.5.1 under Turn Windows Features on or off) - not sure if this is needed for Windows 8 or 8.1

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I am extremely thankful to you for the new release which solved the premiere date issue & the Play button issue. But the duplicate issue still persists. It only persists for movies which are not listed in IMDB (i.e. no IMDB id) but are listed in TMDB.

I did a fresh install of MC v3.6.1.6, added the below 5 movies in a folder and scraped them with "Use TMDB XBMC Scraper".

Here are my 5 examples movies:
18 Forever Love (2012)
Director: Nayato Fio Nuala
Writer: Cassandra Massardi

Behind The Fifty Shades (2013)
Director: Mario Benenati

Blackmore's Night: A Knight In York (2012)
Director: Chris Swan
Starring: Ritchie Blackmore, Candice Night, Squire Malcom Of Lumley

Celldweller - Live Upon A Blackstar (2012)
Starring: Klayton, Brett Stahli

Chicky Killer (2010)
Director: Taya Nimcharoenpong
Writer: Taya Nimcharoenpong
Starring: Nui Cherm-Yim, Anna Chuancheun

I am running windows 7 Ultimate with SP1. I have dot Net 4.0 Client installed also Dot net 3.5.1 turned on. Checked AVG antivirus and firewall too.

Thanks

I understand now.

We check the IMDB id for duplicates, which will be empty for your movies.

I'll look at a fix for that before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-03-29

hey Vbat.

Everything works like a charm.
I wanted to air some ideas I have noticed im missing in my hunt for making everything work perfectly.
1) I get all my tv and episode info from tvdb but would it be possible to get episode actor info from imdb since that seems more complete and most episode actors from tvdb seems empty ? 2) I have some movies that are rare or old and not much in the form of fanart exists, would it be possible to impliment a screen capture for movies ?, the same as for tv episodes.
3) add an option to resize banners (the 2 different sizes used from tvdb and fanart are pretty big)
and finally show fanart and poster size overlay.

Ztrust

Hey ztrust.

Episode actors from imdb would be difficult and very slow. There is no reference from tvdb to imdb id for each episode, so we'd have to data mine each episode and that is slow. Hate to say it, but it'd be a lot of work for little return. Better would be to populate tvdb episodes with imdb actor info, pay it forward so to speak.

Older moves and screenshot for fanart. This can be done. I'll add a screenshot button to the fanart tab. Let you know when so you can test.

Resize banners, please specify what exactly your after, sizing etc.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-03-29

hej vbat
as usual thanks for the fast reply that i forgot to check for ;(

fanart.tv has banners in 1000x185 and tvdb. 758x140 where I would like them all to be rezied to the same size seis.ng as in xbmc/kodi depending on the aspect ratio used they can look weird in different sizes. wether to scale up or down I do not know ill leave that up to the pros.

Better would be to populate tvdb episodes with imdb actor info, pay it forward so to speak.
this sounds like what im looking for but maybe I just dont understand it. Either way cool you will look into it
and tx for the screen shot Wink

Hello

I experienced an issue while multi threading refresh is ON in General preferences..(Use multiple threaded version where available). It is crashing on me giving me the below error message.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Movies._Lambda$__222(ActorDatabase item)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<DistinctIterator>d__81`1.MoveNext()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildMoviePeopleCaches()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildCaches()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildCaches()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Also when I clicked on Play button and the movies contain a en Hash or em Hash ( – ) in the filename VLC throws me the below message.

The filename "Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264AMIABLE"

File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "I:\Final English Hit Movies\Seen\Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264 – AMIABLE.mkv" (Bad file descriptor).
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///I:/Final%20English%20Hit%20Movies/Seen/Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264%20%C2%96%20AMIABLE.mkv'. Check the log for details.

WMP is able to open all the files irrespective of the filename. If I rename remove the – hash from the filename the file plays well in VLC.

Thanks.

(2015-03-29, 11:16)ztrust Wrote: hej vbat
as usual thanks for the fast reply that i forgot to check for ;(

fanart.tv has banners in 1000x185 and tvdb. 758x140 where I would like them all to be rezied to the same size seis.ng as in xbmc/kodi depending on the aspect ratio used they can look weird in different sizes. wether to scale up or down I do not know ill leave that up to the pros.

Better would be to populate tvdb episodes with imdb actor info, pay it forward so to speak.
this sounds like what im looking for but maybe I just dont understand it. Either way cool you will look into it
and tx for the screen shot Wink

I'll look into a Resize option. For actors from IMDB, that option is already available, if the episode has a IMDB ID. (something broken here so it will need to be fixed first.) You can change where episode actor's are scraped from, form the main TV Browser tab. Remember to click the save button for that show to set IMDB for episode actors.

When I mentioned 'Pay it forward', I meant for users to enter the guest actor info from IMDB into the episode info on the TVDB site.

Select the Show's main heading, ie: Arrow, not a season or episode, then just above where the actor's image is displayed, switch Episode from TVDB to IMDB

(2015-03-29, 19:12)john8546 Wrote: Hello

I experienced an issue while multi threading refresh is ON in General preferences..(Use multiple threaded version where available). It is crashing on me giving me the below error message.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Movies._Lambda$__222(ActorDatabase item)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<DistinctIterator>d__81`1.MoveNext()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildMoviePeopleCaches()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildCaches()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RebuildCaches()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Also when I clicked on Play button and the movies contain a en Hash or em Hash ( – ) in the filename VLC throws me the below message.

The filename "Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264AMIABLE"

File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "I:\Final English Hit Movies\Seen\Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264 – AMIABLE.mkv" (Bad file descriptor).
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///I:/Final%20English%20Hit%20Movies/Seen/Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS..6chaNNeL.x264%20%C2%96%20AMIABLE.mkv'. Check the log for details.

WMP is able to open all the files irrespective of the filename. If I rename remove the – hash from the filename the file plays well in VLC.

Thanks.

Your talking Hash which is # then show ( - ) which is a Hyphen. Can you post up or pm me a screen-shot of the filenames.
I don't have VLC installed, but will look into it if I can confirm the filename.

As for the crash message, I re-enabled actor, director cache rebuilding during Multi-Thread which seemed to work...but looks like it didn't for you.
Disable use Multi-thread for now till I can look at a better method of rebuilding those caches.

I am sorry its a dash not hash . My mistake.

(2015-03-29, 19:56)john8546 Wrote: I am sorry its a dash not hash . My mistake.

My apologies.I have just PM you the filename screenshot. Its a long dash also known as en dash or em dash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dash

Thanks

Well, learn something new every day. Alt 0151 produces a long dash.

But, this is a problem for VLC, not Media Companion. It seems VLC is not liking the Dash in the filename when it is in a M3U file. VLC uses the Dash for special playback functions, and this is where it is coming un-stuck.

I would suggest asking on the VLC Forum for a resolution. If they come back with a solution, I may be able to incorporate it into Media Companion.

Alternatively, Change the Dash to a Hyphen. That Fixes it for sure.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-03-31

I wanted to rescrap Cowboy Bebop who was on iso with multipart (S01E01E02E03E04E05) but i don't have all the episodes. Only the last episode of each iso was repeated for all isos :

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-03-31

(2015-03-31, 11:57)Levi59 Wrote: I wanted to rescrap Cowboy Bebop who was on iso with multipart (S01E01E02E03E04E05) but i don't have all the episodes. Only the last episode of each iso was repeated for all iso's :

Disable using XBMC TVDB scraper. There seems to be an issue with Multi-part episodes with this scraper. Will investigate and hopefully resolve before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-04-03

New Release.

Media Companion 3.617b

Special Note:
This is a Bug Fix release for a few Movie Set code issue that have been reported.
As well as a serious fix for users of Use MultiThread. I have high hopes this will stop the crashes.
The underlying code for Movie Set artwork may still cause a few error's in Media Companion, where updates to Movie Set code have been missed.
So, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Fixes include
  • Movie - Fix duplicates if no IMDB ID, ie: Movie only on TMDB.
    Movie - Fix Movie Set if contains a Comma.
    Movie - Changed Multi-Thread code for rebuilding actor and director databases.
    Movie - Fixed Export crash due to moviesetcache code.
    TV - Fixed scraping episode actor's from IMDB
    TV - Fixed scraping multi-episodes with XBMC TVDB scraper.

Download Link for MC 3.617b

Revision History