Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-21

(2015-05-21, 08:22)john8546 Wrote: Hello Rob,

Thanks for the new movieset feature for fanart & poster. But i found a issue with the "Batch rescrapper wizard" --- Download missing Movieset artwork.

It keeps on hanging on me and i see a oops window popping up.

here is the error log

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadMovieSetArtwork()
at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BatchRescrape()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Believe I found that just after I did the last release.
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/3de6a31ff082 Wrote:Catch if no Fanart or no poster for Set, ie Set exists on TMDB but no Fanart image.

Seems some movie Sets might have the poster, but not the Fanart. Will be fixed for the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-21

(2015-05-21, 06:23)artistwantab Wrote: Tried that first because usually that solves the problem.

Seems to always be on animation for some reason.

Issue with Batman The Animated Series and The Maxx.

Got your PM, but just gotten back from work trip. Give me a day to catch-up.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-22

(2015-05-20, 10:24)artistwantab Wrote: TV scarper...

I need some help with the tv scraper.

Sometimes the scraper works great....renames the episode and downloads the artwork.

But some tv shows just dont want to work.

The Maxx for instance.

Only 13 episodes in one season but it wont find any episodes. It does show them in the missing episodes but no matter how I title the episode it wont find it.

So I tried manually updating but UNLIKE movie scraper where you find the movie and click ok the TV manual scraper has no go button so I have no idea how to select it.

Awesome program though...

(2015-05-20, 13:42)Levi59 Wrote: @artistwantab
Test this : remove all nfo for this show and rescrap tvshow.

Sometime i have this problem and this has resolved my issues.

(2015-05-21, 06:23)artistwantab Wrote: Tried that first because usually that solves the problem.

Seems to always be on animation for some reason.

Issue with Batman The Animated Series and The Maxx.

I had a look at the tvshow.nfo, but this isn't right for Media Companion. Do you know if this was created by a different Media Manager?

First thing I noticed after adding the tvshow.nfo to Media Companion was the Blue question mark beside the Show heading, which means MC isn't sure the Show is valid. So I selected the TV Show Selector tab, waited for MC to scan for matching shows, and then checked my language (English). Then Clicked the Scrape Show with Selected Options button.

I added six dummy files called S01E01 to S01E06.mkv to a Season01 folder, and clicked the Search New button.
All six episode scraped perfectly.

So, you need to be sure the naming of the episodes has a valid Season/Episode structure, whether S01E01, 101, 1x1, 1x01 (and some others).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - artistwantab - 2015-05-24

I don't use any other media manager.

I deleted everything and started from scratch. As you stated I go to TV show selector and find the show and scraped.

Still no luck so I removed The MAXX from from the title and just left the S01E01 and it scrapped perfectly.

Weird because it normally has no issue renaming the titles.

Glad it worked.

Going to see if the same will work for the other cartoons I have had an issue with.

Will keep you posted.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 20:09)artistwantab Wrote: I don't use any other media manager.

I deleted everything and started from scratch. As you stated I go to TV show selector and find the show and scraped.

Still no luck so I removed The MAXX from from the title and just left the S01E01 and it scrapped perfectly.

Weird because it normally has no issue renaming the titles.

Glad it worked.

Going to see if the same will work for the other cartoons I have had an issue with.

Will keep you posted.
Wonder if the XX in MAXX was throwing the regex for a spin

If you have no luck with the other cartoon series, please list the show name, and examples of the episode names. I didn't test with the Show title in the episode name (personally don't do this as the show names in the folder tree, but it should still work).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-05-27

Hey Rob just switched to latest release a coupple of days ago and mc_com seems to crash sometimes cant find out why since it works as much as it crashes.
Thanks for the movieset features they are very cool

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-27

(2015-05-27, 20:29)ztrust Wrote: Hey Rob just switched to latest release a coupple of days ago and mc_com seems to crash sometimes cant find out why since it works as much as it crashes.
Thanks for the movieset features they are very cool

Scraping TV or Movies, or both with mc_com.exe?
I have a feeling it may be Movies, as that uses code common to Media Companion.exe. And, after the last release, I caught a crash in Movies if MovieSet artwork is scraped, and there is no Fanart or no poster to download.

This may be the cause in mc_com crash...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-05-28

I use It with both at the same time (-e -m) so cant reallysay but my gues would be tvshow since the last I see is loading tv cache

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-05-31

API Changes at TMDB are causing issues in Media Companion.

New release will be out in 12 ish hours.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-05-31

;D Awesome Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-06-01

New Release.

Media Companion 3.621b

Fix for TMDB scraping
Fixed:
[*] Movie - Catch if no MovieSet Fanart or no poster for Set, ie Set exists on TMDB but no Fanart image.
[*] TV - Check each episode scraped if the season poster is present.
[*] TV - Use series.xml data from TVDB when scraping episodes. This allows scraping of displayseason & displayepisode.
[*] Movie - Update XBMC TMDB scraper due to TMDB api changes.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.621b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-06-01

TV - Use series.xml data from TVDB when scraping episodes. This allows scraping of displayseason & displayepisode.

Any chance of explaining this a bit more? Or is this one of those things to not concern myself with. Thanks for the latest.

(2015-06-01, 05:25)bobrap Wrote: TV - Use series.xml data from TVDB when scraping episodes. This allows scraping of displayseason & displayepisode.

Any chance of explaining this a bit more? Or is this one of those things to not concern myself with. Thanks for the latest.

Code:
<displayseason></displayseason>
<displayepisode></displayepisode>
are used for Tv Episode specials, placing the special within a season, as well as with the Special list.

Media Companion wasn't getting this info when scraping epsiodes, but now, where we download the series.xml data, we download the complete TV Show's episode listing, including these two tags.

Previously, we were making a url call for each episode, to get that episodes data, then another url call to get the thumbnail. Now, we download the series.xml once (MC re-downloads it if the present file is older that 14 days), and only make one url call to get the thumbnail.

This should make scraping a complete show quicker (thought a small bit of work still needs to be done to streamline this).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-06-01

I downloaded the last version and i would like to know where the displayseason and displayepisode were displayed in MC. Can I edit these two settings directly from MC or not?

(2015-06-01, 07:24)Levi59 Wrote: I downloaded the last version and i would like to know where the displayseason and displayepisode were displayed in MC. Can I edit these two settings directly from MC or not?

Not at this point in time, as this release was pushed out to get the TMDB scraper fixed.
I'll see what can be done in the next release for editing these two tags within Media Companion.