Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2013-01-01

Unfortunately, just keeps crashing on me. Sad

Seems it's just when using TMDB scraper.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-01

Happy New Year to you too Vbat and all users Media companion :-)

I did not test the function reload from the cache, I look to fix this problem.
I'll try to fix all the problems that remains on the interface.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Pr.Sinister - 2013-01-02

I have a problem where it is only displaying 7 of 17 movies and resetting the filters doesn't do anything...

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - dionymnia - 2013-01-02

I've been having the problem Ashaneil mentioned (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=1259531#pid1259531) - multi-part movies ("cd1, cd2" for example) are being processed as separate movies, with nfo files, fanart, etc. for each one. These movies worked just fine in all previous versions of MC up to the 3.5 release. For example:

The Great Dictator [1941].cd1.avi
The Great Dictator [1941].cd2.avi

I've tried changing it "The Great Dictator [1941]-CD1.avi," I've also tried "The Great Dictator [1941]-pt1.avi," "The Great Dictator [1941]-Part1.avi," and "The Great Dictator [1941]_part1.avi". Each time, it processes part 1 and part 2 each with separate nfo files, etc. Any suggestions?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 11:54)dionymnia Wrote: I've been having the problem Ashaneil mentioned (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=1259531#pid1259531) - multi-part movies ("cd1, cd2" for example) are being processed as separate movies, with nfo files, fanart, etc. for each one. These movies worked just fine in all previous versions of MC up to the 3.5 release. For example:

The Great Dictator [1941].cd1.avi
The Great Dictator [1941].cd2.avi

I've tried changing it "The Great Dictator [1941]-CD1.avi," I've also tried "The Great Dictator [1941]-pt1.avi," "The Great Dictator [1941]-Part1.avi," and "The Great Dictator [1941]_part1.avi". Each time, it processes part 1 and part 2 each with separate nfo files, etc. Any suggestions?

Just tested this on
pitch.perfect.cd1.avi
pitch.perfect.cd2.avi
I have rename set so these came back as
Pitch perfect (2012).cd1.avi &
Pitch perfect (2012).cd2.avi

Use cd1 or part1, disc1, disk1 etc.
Just looking at your filenames, are those square brackets around the year? If so, please try normal round brackets. Maybe MC is getting confused by [1941] instead of (1941). Worth a try?

Last thing to try would be to rename the file as "the great dictator.cd1.avi" etc, use file rename function in MC and use only inbuilt s scraper.

Hope this helps
(2013-01-01, 23:31)jeanbraye Wrote: Happy New Year to you too Vbat and all users Media companion :-)

I did not test the function reload from the cache, I look to fix this problem.
I'll try to fix all the problems that remains on the interface.

Great job. It's looking very smart. Keep up the good work.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - dionymnia - 2013-01-02

I gave it a shot, changing the brackets [1941] to (1941), but sadly nothing changed. I even removed the date altogether, so it just listed as "The Great Dictator.cd1.avi" (I also tried it with "part1") - no luck. Sad

The strange thing is, I have a few other movies that are multi-part that aren't getting double-processed. For example, I have:

Moulin Rouge_part1.avi
Moulin Rouge_part2.avi

This one is processing just fine, with only one set of nfos/fanart/etc.

I'm still trying out different things, trying to get it to work (or at least trying to find out why Moulin Rouge sn't being affected). If there are any suggestions, I'd be happy to try them out! Smile

Edit: I might've just discovered the trouble - the movies that were getting double-processed all had RAR files with subtitles in them. When I extracted the subtitles and deleted the RAR files, MC treated the multi-part movies as singular entries! Odd that it happened, since I've never run into that problem before with MC (some of these movies have been run through MC for 2+ years), but I'm glad to find a fix!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-03

New Release 3.5.1.5

- Display the movie when moving on the list with keyboard
- Added a counter on the progress windows when rescraping on multiselect
- Fix -> Repopulating the list when a new folder of movies is added

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Spydawg - 2013-01-03

Well I must say this is the only scraper that actually works for me, I've tried them all. A couple other ones work but are missing features I need.

Thanks for your efforts!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-03

Currently I am changing some things that are the basis of the data shown, as there are a lot of references in the application areas there are still some bugs due to these changes.
I try to solve all these problems as quickly as possible ...

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - DiMag - 2013-01-03

MC: General Appraisal
The only scraper which does not screw up your customized NFOs, and therefore the only scraper capable of editing/retouching (as opposed to building [it]ab initio[/it]) your library. Add to that the facts that (1) results can be edited on-the-fly, (2) extrathumbs can be downloaded, and (3) its own IMDB/TMDB/TVDB scraper engines are more accurate than XBMC's, and it may well be the best library manager there exists.

Fix!: Minor Errors in UI Design
Of course, it is not error free. In all versions post 3.5.1.1, the window frame for home movies has shrunk to just three lines height, thus making only three video files visible (for the rest, you must scroll). This isn't acceptable.

Also, all versions post 3.5.1.1 have introduced an extra shaded button design. This produces too much eye distraction without any commensurate gain in functionality. Granted, minor issues --- but still issues.

Wishlist:
1. Extra scrapers
1. Ability to use extra scrapers, in particular lovefilm (the site has metadata for opera, ballet and theater performances) and animenetworks.

2. Fix/Extend HomeMovies[/b]
Rename HomoMovie to Generic (or Custom), make it possible to choose between movie.nfo format and tvshow.nfo format (the latter would enable episodic content, which is more appropriate for so-called home movies), and make the default template for Generic customizable, thus enabling users to truly benefit from this feature.

I think the default choice made by MC of grouping together all so-called home movies under a set "Home Movies" is a bad idea. It would have been more appropriate to group them all together under a tag, then let the user use sets to further sub-categorize items within this tag.

It goes without saying that the HomeMovies screen should allow for edits of tags and sets.

MC: General Appraisal (conclusion)
All said, a great program, very useful indeed. Respect to the developers.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2013-01-03

Just wondering if I'm the only one having scraper issues using TMDB scraper? Thanks

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - DiMag - 2013-01-03

@bobrap: I am using MC's defaults, which is its built-in (not XBMC's own) IMDB scraper. And even though there are some hitches, in general they are expected: old, rare movies, or ambiguous titles. As to TMDB, yes, it has been a disappointment to me, too. (Notice I am not talking about the scraper, I am talking about the information content of the site. The site seems to be good only as a collector of high quality fanart --- which is, mind you, valuable enough.)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2013-01-03

(2013-01-03, 18:22)DiMag Wrote: @bobrap: I am using MC's defaults, which is its built-in (not XBMC's own) IMDB scraper. And even though there are some hitches, in general they are expected: old, rare movies, or ambiguous titles. As to TMDB, yes, it has been a disappointment to me, too. (Notice I am not talking about the scraper, I am talking about the information content of the site. The site seems to be good only as a collector of high quality fanart --- which is, mind you, valuable enough.)

Yea, that works for me also. I want to scrape with TMDB first to get sets.

Any chance of getting an option to disable the mouse over on the movie list? My screen goes crazy with this option. Tongue

Could you explain scraping on multiselect. If I select more than one movie, re-scraping only scrapes one movie, not the whole selection. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-04

New Release 3.5.1.6

- Fixed Bug, when switching between main tabs a couple of times, the movie list was filled multiple times
- Fixed Bug, after searching for new movies the movie list is now repopulated

Media Companion 3.5.1.6b

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Spydawg - 2013-01-04

No download link for new version.