Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Zxurian - 2013-01-04

is it possible to have this updated to support the frodo update and be able to download both a poster and a banner for each title?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 03:42)Zxurian Wrote: is it possible to have this updated to support the frodo update and be able to download both a poster and a banner for each title?

This is being worked on but is a very large undertaking. As well as the Xmas holidays. Please be patient.

Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Flinty72 - 2013-01-04

Guys can you confirm which is the most recent "stable" version of MC?
I think I'm still using 3.5.0.8.

Also are there instructions on how to correctly upgrade to newer versions of MC?

Tks in advance.

(2013-01-04, 16:44)Flinty72 Wrote: Guys can you confirm which is the most recent "stable" version of MC?

Also are there instructions on how to correctly upgrade to newer versions of MC?

Tks in advance.

There was a fix for changes to imdb scraper at about 3.511b. Best to get latest beta.

For upgrade, I always recommend fresh folder for newest release. This way you keep your last database version
incase of any new introduced bugs.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Pr.Sinister - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 00:38)jeanbraye Wrote: New Release 3.5.1.6

- Fixed Bug, when switching between main tabs a couple of times, the movie list was filled multiple times
- Fixed Bug, after searching for new movies the movie list is now repopulated

Media Companion 3.5.1.6b

Thanks for all the great work. I was wondering if you were planning on fixing the XML Scraper engine to update it to the current XBMC Format? If you are able to do that, you will be hailed as the king of supplemental tools because people will be able to use ANY XML scraper available to XBMC like Universal Scraper and others...

Keep up the good work!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 02:46)Spydawg Wrote: No download link for new version.

I forgot to send the file before going to sleep :-)

Now you can go
(2013-01-04, 19:07)Pr.Sinister Wrote:

- Fixed Bug, when switching between main tabs a couple of times, the movie list was filled multiple times

Media Companion 3.5.1.6b

Thanks for all the great work. I was wondering if you were planning on fixing the XML Scraper engine to update it to the current XBMC Format? If you are able to do that, you will be hailed as the king of supplemental tools because people will be able to use ANY XML scraper available to XBMC like Universal Scraper and others...

Keep up the good work!

I did not yet plunged into the code of scrappers as I am new to it.
For the moment I'm working on the interface to make the program easier and more enjoyable to use.
After that I will focus on scrappers :-)

(2013-01-04, 19:07)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Thanks for all the great work. I was wondering if you were planning on fixing the XML Scraper engine to update it to the current XBMC Format? If you are able to do that, you will be hailed as the king of supplemental tools because people will be able to use ANY XML scraper available to XBMC like Universal Scraper and others...

Keep up the good work!

Please advise what changes (with links to wiki ) are required?? currently only fanart has changed with Frodo, or are we missing something else?

Media Companion 3.5.1.6b

Gidday Jean

Couple of things. "Refresh All Movies" from Movies drop list, no longer adds new movies added to movie folder, to the list of movies. Well, just tested and you need to change to a different tab then back to Movie List tab. THEN the new movies are shown. After Refresh All Movies, the Movie list window needs to be refreshed as well.

Similar thing to clicking the "Watched button", the movie list needs to be refreshed as only swapping tabs brings this to the correct indicator. Also, Can you make it if click the circle in the "Watched" column, that this is the same as clicking the Watched button down bottom of Movie details? Much easier to just click the circle to mark as watched.

Floating windows when mouse hovering over a movie title, is very distracting, as well as it floats all over the place when the mouse moves. Can you make an option to enable or disable this feature under Movie Preferences. Personally I wouldn't use the floating window as its a distraction. But my two cents only.

Other than that, Movies are looking very good. Keep up the great work.

When resting the mouse over the "W" or "P" the description appears behind the mouse pointer. Can this description for Watch Status or Plot, be above the mouse pointer.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-03, 20:16)bobrap Wrote: Yea, that works for me also. I want to scrape with TMDB first to get sets.

Any chance of getting an option to disable the mouse over on the movie list? My screen goes crazy with this option. Tongue

Could you explain scraping on multiselect. If I select more than one movie, re-scraping only scrapes one movie, not the whole selection. Thanks.

Any thoughts?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-03, 20:16)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 18:22)DiMag Wrote: @bobrap: I am using MC's defaults, which is its built-in (not XBMC's own) IMDB scraper. And even though there are some hitches, in general they are expected: old, rare movies, or ambiguous titles. As to TMDB, yes, it has been a disappointment to me, too. (Notice I am not talking about the scraper, I am talking about the information content of the site. The site seems to be good only as a collector of high quality fanart --- which is, mind you, valuable enough.)

Yea, that works for me also. I want to scrape with TMDB first to get sets.

Any chance of getting an option to disable the mouse over on the movie list? My screen goes crazy with this option. Tongue

Could you explain scraping on multiselect. If I select more than one movie, re-scraping only scrapes one movie, not the whole selection. Thanks.

Hi,

I have implemented this, see the release Media Companion 3.5.1.7b Wink

Eek New Release 3.5.1.7b Eek

- Implementation of the function "rescrape all" when several movies are selected
- Fix bug, Display the correct order on startup
- Fix bug, after saving a movie the selected movie stay

Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Flinty72 - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-04, 17:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-04, 16:44)Flinty72 Wrote: Guys can you confirm which is the most recent "stable" version of MC?

Tks in advance.

There was a fix for changes to imdb scraper at about 3.511b. Best to get latest beta.

For upgrade, I always recommend fresh folder for newest release. This way you keep your last database version
incase of any new introduced bugs.

Tks vbat99.

I was hoping multiple instances of MC could be installed although the newer version would be working with the same media files so could eventually overwrite MC downloaded content rendering the previous library obsolete.

Along with having to set the preferences again for the new version of MC but its only a minor issue really.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - bobrap - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-05, 00:08)jeanbraye Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 20:16)bobrap Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 18:22)DiMag Wrote: @bobrap: I am using MC's defaults, which is its built-in (not XBMC's own) IMDB scraper. And even though there are some hitches, in general they are expected: old, rare movies, or ambiguous titles. As to TMDB, yes, it has been a disappointment to me, too. (Notice I am not talking about the scraper, I am talking about the information content of the site. The site seems to be good only as a collector of high quality fanart --- which is, mind you, valuable enough.)

Yea, that works for me also. I want to scrape with TMDB first to get sets.

Hi,

I have implemented this, see the release Media Companion 3.5.1.7b Wink

Eek New Release 3.5.1.7b Eek

- Implementation of the function "rescrape all" when several movies are selected
- Fix bug, Display the correct order on startup
- Fix bug, after saving a movie the selected movie stay

Thanx!!Wink

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-05

New Release 3.5.1.8b

Great changes on this release

- Fix - When restart the application sort the movies A-Z remebered. (Issue 641)
- Create two new buttons in place of New movies and rescrape tabs on the top.
- Fixed repopulate liste now working after searching for new movies. (Issue vbat99)
- Create a new Splash screen with progress bar
- Fix bug for changing the movie with the extention .nfo (Issue 642)
- Replace the splash screen with the new progressbar usercontrol and fix bugs on progress bar.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Flinty72 - 2013-01-06

Is there a way to re-scrape all Movies for MC v3.5.1.1 after changing the Movie Preferences & Scraper settings?
Or is the only way to do it being the exhaustive 1 movie at a time?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-04, 21:37)vbat99 Wrote:

Media Companion 3.5.1.6b

Gidday Jean

Couple of things. "Refresh All Movies" from Movies drop list, no longer adds new movies added to movie folder, to the list of movies. Well, just tested and you need to change to a different tab then back to Movie List tab. THEN the new movies are shown. After Refresh All Movies, the Movie list window needs to be refreshed as well.

Similar thing to clicking the "Watched button", the movie list needs to be refreshed as only swapping tabs brings this to the correct indicator. Also, Can you make it if click the circle in the "Watched" column, that this is the same as clicking the Watched button down bottom of Movie details? Much easier to just click the circle to mark as watched.

Floating windows when mouse hovering over a movie title, is very distracting, as well as it floats all over the place when the mouse moves. Can you make an option to enable or disable this feature under Movie Preferences. Personally I wouldn't use the floating window as its a distraction. But my two cents only.

Other than that, Movies are looking very good. Keep up the great work.

When resting the mouse over the "W" or "P" the description appears behind the mouse pointer. Can this description for Watch Status or Plot, be above the mouse pointer.

Gidday Vbat,

It is true that the tooltip is boring as it works now, I will look at this problem ..
I also look for the rest, at the same time I also try to clean up the code and restructure a bit because it is very difficult to navigate in the current state.
(2013-01-06, 08:43)Flinty72 Wrote: Is there a way to re-scrape all Movies for MC v3.5.1.1 after changing the Movie Preferences & Scraper settings?
Or is the only way to do it being the exhaustive 1 movie at a time?

With the latest version you do know, you select the movies you want, ctrl + click or shift + click then right click and you access the menu