Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-26

Oops, wasn't a dig, sorry. Yeah, wall they is the memory hog for sure. And MC uses smaller images, not full size shrunk to fit.

Mediacompanion is programmed in visual basic, dot net 4.0

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-26

(2015-08-25, 19:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Great job on the latest. Just saw a few things. The rewrite nfo option in TV doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I correct that you had changed the nfo editor to be the default program for viewing/editing nfo files? Unless I add alternate viewer to notepad ++ (the default program), viewing nfo files always uses MS notepad. Alignment problems are fixed (at least for me).

Do have one request. The filters for TV are great. Is there a way that if I set filter to show continuing shows, shows that are not continuing are removed from the list. Just seems that it would save a lot of scrolling for those that have large collections. Or maybe a switch to give users a choice to still see all the shows, both dimmed and not dimmed. Thanks again for a great release.

Will check the tv rewrite nfo. That's the one in Batch Rescrape? Still doesn't correct the central actor image path?

Correct.

Nfo edit is default text editor in Windows....which is notepad. Unless, as you mention, you select an alternative viewer like Notepad++.

So even if my default text editor is Notepad++, it will still default to windows notepad, unless I specifically set notepad++ in MC? That's not a problem either. I just thought you changed it to use whatever the user had as their default editor.

I wanted to have the filter remove series not matching Ended or Continuing, but the treeview and tvcache are tied together, so removing any Ended series, would remove them also from tvcache.
I'm looking into what can be done.

OK, far enough. For me, I'm not so worried about the cache. Just don't like all the scrolling. Don't make things difficult for yourself on my behalf.

Here's what I was getting at;

MC 3.599b 2014-08-24

New:

MC - Remember last monitor Media Companion Ran on, and re-open there if available.
MC - If notepad++ installed, use for opening nfo XML files.
Movie - Fix: Fanart & Poster searching using 'Google Search' button opened multiple browser tabs, one per search word.
Movie - Allow Re-scrape with XBMC TMDB Scraper, if IMDB Id is present.
TV - added option to save Season Poster into season folder as folder.jpg

(2015-08-25, 22:51)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Great job on the latest. Just saw a few things. The rewrite nfo option in TV doesn't seem to be working for me. Am I correct that you had changed the nfo editor to be the default program for viewing/editing nfo files? Unless I add alternate viewer to notepad ++ (the default program), viewing nfo files always uses MS notepad. Alignment problems are fixed (at least for me).

Do have one request. The filters for TV are great. Is there a way that if I set filter to show continuing shows, shows that are not continuing are removed from the list. Just seems that it would save a lot of scrolling for those that have large collections. Or maybe a switch to give users a choice to still see all the shows, both dimmed and not dimmed. Thanks again for a great release.

Will check the tv rewrite nfo. That's the one in Batch Rescrape? Still doesn't correct the central actor image path?

Nfo edit is default text editor in Windows....which is notepad. Unless, as you mention, you select an alternative viewer like Notepad++.

I wanted to have the filter remove series not matching Ended or Continuing, but the treeview and tvcache are tied together, so removing any Ended series, would remove them also from tvcache.

Oh I see. So, if we select to see only Ended series, it will dim Continuing and Unknown series and highlights the Ended series?
I assume it's a dim and an highlight, because I'm still able to select the Continuing series although I filtered on Ended.

Sorry, seems I skipped this question of yours.

Currently if you select Ended, it dim's any series that isn't Ended, but all series are still visible.
If Continuing is selected, all other series types are dimmed, but all series are still visible.

I have still one unknown, Lucifer, in my tree.

Looking up info on Treeview, I can't hide a node. Only make visible (which switches between dimmed if False, and normal text if True). To get only Ended series to list (all other series not in the Treeview), I need to duplicate the Treeview, loading only those nodes that match Ended. Same for Continuing.

Visually, I'd prefer to do this, but its gonna depend on the backend functionality in Media Companion code. It could right-royally throw a hissy-fit.

But baby steps. Series Status is there, now to see how much I can polish it up.

(2015-08-26, 00:45)bobrap Wrote:

Correct.

So even if my default text editor is Notepad++, it will still default to windows notepad, unless I specifically set notepad++ in MC? That's not a problem either. I just thought you changed it to use whatever the user had as their default editor.

OK, far enough. For me, I'm not so worried about the cache. Just don't like all the scrolling. Don't make things difficult for yourself on my behalf.

Here's what I was getting at;

MC 3.599b 2014-08-24

New:

MC - Remember last monitor Media Companion Ran on, and re-open there if available.
MC - If notepad++ installed, use for opening nfo XML files.
Movie - Fix: Fanart & Poster searching using 'Google Search' button opened multiple browser tabs, one per search word.
Movie - Allow Re-scrape with XBMC TMDB Scraper, if IMDB Id is present.
TV - added option to save Season Poster into season folder as folder.jpg

Option is in General Preferences.

Unfortunately, I have set up notepad++ to handle all txt, xml or nfo files, so for me, MC always opens Notepad++ when I go to view an nfo file.
Can't remember if I had to change windows default application handling or just run Notepad++ as Admin and change it's file association.

I tested out the tv batch rescrape wizard in MC3.626b, and it re-wrote the actor's thumb path.
Note: there are two paths. Local, and XBMC path. Local is stored in MC's config when using MC to view actors.
In the nfo, the XBMC path is stored for the Thumb location. I can verify that this gets changed when I change both Local and XBMC path, and run the batch wizard with Rewrite nfo's.

See post above to marhutchy about Treeview, ended etc.

Sorry, seems I didn't read your question correctly, and you knew about that entry in the general preferences.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-26

(2015-08-26, 01:00)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 22:51)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 19:58)vbat99 Wrote: Will check the tv rewrite nfo. That's the one in Batch Rescrape? Still doesn't correct the central actor image path?

Oh I see. So, if we select to see only Ended series, it will dim Continuing and Unknown series and highlights the Ended series?
I assume it's a dim and an highlight, because I'm still able to select the Continuing series although I filtered on Ended.

Sorry, seems I skipped this question of yours.

Currently if you select Ended, it dim's any series that isn't Ended, but all series are still visible.
If Continuing is selected, all other series types are dimmed, but all series are still visible.

I have still one unknown, Lucifer, in my tree.

Looking up info on Treeview, I can't hide a node. Only make visible (which switches between dimmed if False, and normal text if True). To get only Ended series to list (all other series not in the Treeview), I need to duplicate the Treeview, loading only those nodes that match Ended. Same for Continuing.

Visually, I'd prefer to do this, but its gonna depend on the backend functionality in Media Companion code. It could right-royally throw a hissy-fit.

But baby steps. Series Status is there, now to see how much I can polish it up.

Great! I love how you think Smile

I have no problem with the dimming. I don't have as much series as @bobrap, so scrolling isn't a problem.

I have 2 Unknowns: Lucifer and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
I know this is due to the fact that there's no official premiere date for either series.

Ok,
I think I got some of it figured out. Some of TV show nfo files showed the tvdb link as the actor source. When I would rewrite those nfos to read what I put in MC as the actor source...no go. I rescrape the show and it shows the correct actor location. I change actor directory name and rewrite nfo files and they change. So it seems that the files with tvdb as the location don't get rewritten. Did I explain that well enough?

I have notepad++ set up as my default as you do. Do you put in an alternate editor location or does notepad++ come up as default? I don't mind entering a new path, just thought is was I didn't have to do if I used ++ as my editor.

(2015-08-26, 01:58)bobrap Wrote: Ok,
I think I got some of it figured out. Some of TV show nfo files showed the tvdb link as the actor source. When I would rewrite those nfos to read what I put in MC as the actor source...no go. I rescrape the show and it shows the correct actor location. I change actor directory name and rewrite nfo files and they change. So it seems that the files with tvdb as the location don't get rewritten. Did I explain that well enough?

I have notepad++ set up as my default as you do. Do you put in an alternate editor location or does notepad++ come up as default? I don't mind entering a new path, just thought is was I didn't have to do if I used ++ as my editor.

OK, so if thumb path is http://thetvdb.com/banners/ it doesn't change? let me know and I'll check into it.

I removed notepad++ from alt editor in MC, and notepad++ still opens up. Meh. will look and see if config.xml actually changes the path. Maybe something nutty going on there.

Now, as for displaying only ended, or only continuing, I've got that sorted out. Ha, easier than I thought.
But to make sure users don't forget they have which filter selected, I've changed the background color to match the color of the series status.

One thing to note, filtering to show only ended or continuing, the series count and episode count stays at the total of all series and episode. That will be a lot harder to work out...but give me time.

OK, so if thumb path is http://thetvdb.com/banners/ it doesn't change? let me know and I'll check into it.

That's correct. Thanks.

(2015-08-26, 02:44)bobrap Wrote: OK, so if thumb path is http://thetvdb.com/banners/ it doesn't change? let me know and I'll check into it.

That's correct. Thanks.

Hmmm, just tested and thumb path changed in the nfo.
Code:
<language>en</language>
    <actor>
        <actorid>295874</actorid>
        <name>Jonny Lee Miller</name>
        <role>Sherlock Holmes</role>
        <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/295874.jpg</thumb>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <actorid>325728</actorid>
        <name>Lucy Liu</name>
        <role>Dr. Joan Watson</role>
        <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/325728.jpg</thumb>
        <order>1</order>
    </actor>

to

Code:
</episodeguide>
    <language>en</language>
    <actor>
        <actorid>295874</actorid>
        <name>Jonny Lee Miller</name>
        <role>Sherlock Holmes</role>
        <thumb>E:\ActorTest\J\Jonny_Lee_Miller_295874.jpg</thumb>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <actorid>325728</actorid>
        <name>Lucy Liu</name>
        <role>Dr. Joan Watson</role>
        <thumb>E:\ActorTest\L\Lucy_Liu_325728.jpg</thumb>
        <order>1</order>
    </actor>[/code]

After looking at the section from your nfo, I figured out what I think is MY problem. I looked in my nfos and the ones that weren't getting rewritten didn't have an actor id. When I added one it worked fine. So, I guess the problem was my screwed up nfo files. Sorry about all the bother. Gonna delete all and rescrape. Thing is, I don't remember if these files were maybe scraped with another program, EMM maybe. That'll teach me to try something different when what you got works great.

Just use batch rescrape wizard and select actors,. That'll do the trick

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-08-26

How can i update codecs informations in the nfo? I changed some video from avi to mkv and modified some informations with MC but when i reload in kodi, i get the old codecs. Kodi update once i play the file but the nfo keep outdated.

I believe if all you did was change the extension from avi to mkv, the only thing that should change in the nfo is the container format. If you actually re-encoded the file, then re-scrap media tags should pick up the changes and update the nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Levi59 - 2015-08-26

I re-encoded so it was a new file with new codecs.i will test the re-scrap of the media tag.

Edit : Seem to work ^^
I don't know media tag mean codecs/container...

Thanks to you!