Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-26

Glad to help. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-27

Anyone else getting this?

Quote:Problem downloading from Fanart.Tv
at Media_Companion.Movie.DoDownloadFromFanartTv(Boolean isRescrapelist)

I tried rescraping and got this: LOG.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-27

Reading other threads, seems fanart.tv may be having issues

I downloaded them manually.

I have a problem with marking tv series as watched.
When I right-clicked the series name and click Mark this Show as Watched, it showed that it's marked as watched with the tick. However, after refreshing they aren't watched.
It's a pain marking series as watched Sad

(2015-08-27, 02:51)marhutchy Wrote: I downloaded them manually.

When I right-clicked the series name and click Mark this Show as Watched, it showed that it's marked as watched with the tick. However, after refreshing they aren't watched.

Back at a PC, so I'll look into Fanart.TV, make sure the scraper is working, and look into the mark as watched for TV series.

So Fanart.tv is definitely having issues.

But, marking tv series as watched is working for me. Just tested with series Elementary and Faling skies. Refresh All, closed and opened MC, still marked as watched.

The series your trying to mark, was this scraped by Media Companion? If not, there may be <playcount> missing from the episode nfo. This is used to determine if an episode is watched or not.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-08-27

(2015-08-27, 02:51)marhutchy Wrote: I downloaded them manually.

Marking as watched is working fine for me.

@vbatt99, based on what you said about playcount, I think I know what was the issue.
So, I just added Rurouni Kenshin to my collection in Trakt.
When I clicked Add folders from Roots, Save, MC scrapes the show.
After I clicked Search New MC scrapes the episodes.
Each episode's NFO resembles this:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<durationinseconds>-1</durationinseconds>
<container>.strm</container>
</video>
<audio />
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
<title>Handsome Swordsman of Legend: A Man who Fights for Love</title>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<aired>1996-01-10</aired>
<plot>Kaoru makes Kenshin stay in the separate room because he saw her naked when she was taking a bath. He was trying to ask if she was OK but thought she was quiet because she was trying to kill herself.(reason= her last students quit) Also near the end of the episode when Kaoru invited Kenshin to stay with her, he said that he might see her naked again. She punched him and apologized because she thought he could dodge it seeing he is the Battousai.</plot>
<playcount>
</playcount>
<director>
</director>
<credits>
</credits>
<rating>8.4</rating>
<displayseason>
</displayseason>
<displayepisode>
</displayepisode>
<runtime>0</runtime>
<showid>70863</showid>
<uniqueid>25538</uniqueid>
<epbookmark>
</epbookmark>
<videosource>
</videosource>
</episodedetails>

After marking show as watched and refreshing, each episode's nfo resembles this:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
</video>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>Kaoru makes Kenshin stay in the separate room because he saw her naked when she was taking a bath. He was trying to ask if she was OK but thought she was quiet because she was trying to kill herself.(reason= her last students quit) Also near the end of the episode when Kaoru invited Kenshin to stay with her, he said that he might see her naked again. She punched him and apologized because she thought he could dodge it seeing he is the Battousai.</plot>
<rating>8.4</rating>
<runtime>0</runtime>
<showid>70863</showid>
</episodedetails>

When I ticked rewrite all NFO's with batch rescrape wizard and then mark as watched, the NFO resembles this:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
</video>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<playcount>1</playcount>
<rating>8.4</rating>
<showid>70863</showid>
</episodedetails>

Interesting....and nothing.

OK, will have some time tonight to have a closer look at why there's serious differences between all three nfo's.

While I couldn't reproduce the issue, maybe it cause I don't use Trakt??, I did manage to fix the resaving of the episode nfo's where it was removing empty tags. Also fixed one tag that was missing from episode load, therefore not being re-saved. Duh!

Well, I only mentioned Trakt, because that's where I keep tract of my collections and watchlist for both movie and tv series.
Trakt linked with another add-on gave me a .strm file. File linked to a stream.
The file format wouldn't cause this problem. The only effect it could have on NFOs is the item's runtime. It would show a runtime of 0 if using file's duration.

I think the fixing of the removed empty tags could be the fix I need. I mean it was because the tag was empty why it was removed.

I agree. The empty tags may be the reason.

Only mentioned Trakt as it's the only variable I couldn't test. And MC supports .strm files.

!!! Note:
Users that autorename epsiodes on scrape with option of Show Title in episode name. This isn't saving the Show Title in release MC 3.626b.

Fix in place for next release.

Till the next release is out, please r-click the Season and select Rename Episode(s) will correct the naming of episodes.

This does not affect mc_com.exe commandline program.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-08-29

New Release.

Media Companion 3.627b & MC3.627b x64

Special note: This is a quick fix release for issue with tv episode renaming where user has selected show title in renamed episode...plus couple of other fixes.

Plenty of new features, fixes and improvements.
First up. Checkedlistboxes on all Root movie folders. TV, Movies and Home Movies.

1. For TV Root folders, if unselected, Series from chosen root folder are removed from *List of Series Folders.*
On any checked TV Root folder, user can right-click and select to add from chosen root folder.

2. Tv Series status on browser tab. Also two new TV filters to show *Ended* or *Continuing* series.
For this to work properly, *Users MUST run Batch rescrape Wizard* Selecting
Premiered & Series Status
And finally, do a Refresh All
(Premiered is required to fill a data field that MC has been missing for I don't know how long...)
I look forward to hearing users thoughts and experiences.

3. Users wanting to know if they're running 32 or 64 bit builds, look at the Title bar of Media Companion. At the end of the Version number, you'll see 32bit or 64 bit. Also, added Help->About, listing past developers and build type.

4. Movies also gets new features.
a. Studio Filter.
b. If using XBMC TMDb scraper, users can now choose to download AKA titles from IMDB.

So, Hope this fills some more blanks for users.

As Always, post up discussion or Issues, and you'll get some sort of an answer.

New:
  • Media Companion x86 build and x64 build.
  • 3.627b - TV - Improve series status filtering by only displaying matching series. Coloured treeview background to inform users they're running a filtered list. Update mc_com to load & save tv cache with new hidden tag.*

Fixed:
  • 3.627b - TV Episode Renaming fix show title in episode rename option.*
  • 3.627b - TV - When marking episodes as watched, save all data back to nfo.*
  • 3.627b - Movies - Certificate mappings - Add missing entries

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC x86 3.627b & MC x64 3.627b

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-08-30

Great update!

Marking series and episodes as watched is fixed! Smile