Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-06

New Release 3.5.1.9 (2013-01-06)

- Fix - Rescrape Button Tooltip Incorrect (issue 647).
- Added a timer for the tooltip on the movie grid, now the tooltip appear after the cursor stay 1,5 second over a movie. (Vbat, what do you think abot this ?)
- Refresh the movie grid when the watched status is changed.
- Refresh the movie grid when the movie informations are saved.
- Refresh movie grid after adding or removing movie folders.
- Fix filter for movies where there is no poster and no fanart.
- Added a new filter for missing Plot.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-06, 17:28)jeanbraye Wrote: New Release 3.5.1.9 (2013-01-06)

- Fix - Rescrape Button Tooltip Incorrect (issue 647).
- Added a timer for the tooltip on the movie grid, now the tooltip appear after the cursor stay 1,5 second over a movie. (Vbat, what do you think abot this ?)
- Refresh the movie grid when the watched status is changed.
- Refresh the movie grid when the movie informations are saved.
- Refresh movie grid after adding or removing movie folders.
- Fix filter for movies where there is no poster and no fanart.
- Added a new filter for missing Plot.

Hey Jean

Looking good. Though tooltip may need a timeout also. Maybe extend to 2 seconds over a movie, and ten sec time out. (Still would like an option to disable altogether)

Also found if movie list not full, ie say have only four movies in list, if the mouse is left below last movie (in blank area of movie list) then tooltip flashes on and off again.

One important issue. If I copy a movie into the movie folder, with nfo, tbn and fanart. Then select "Movies" - "Refresh All Movies" so it repopulates the Movie List. Then the new movie/s are not in the movie list until I change to a different tab and back to movie list Tab.

ie: W:\Movies\temp is my temporary movie folder. If I have three movies in this already scraped, and add in say "Salt.avi" with Salt.nfo, Salt-fanart.jpg and Salt.tbn
Then I "Refresh All Movies". The list isn't refreshed to show the movie "Salt", until I change to another tab and back to "Main Browser" tab. Then the list of movies is refreshed.

Is this something you can sort for the next release?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jackal40 - 2013-01-07

Let me add to your wishlist:

Support for TV Show Season Actor scrapping. This on has been driving me nuts, when I look at an episode, I'd like to see who the guest actors are - not the regular cast.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 02:36)jackal40 Wrote: Let me add to your wishlist:

Support for TV Show Season Actor scrapping. This on has been driving me nuts, when I look at an episode, I'd like to see who the guest actors are - not the regular cast.

That would depend on if guest actors have been entered in the episode info at Thetvdb. And as that data is entered by users, many times that field is left blank.

PS. If there is guest actors entered, then MC does scrape and add that info to the episode nfo file.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jackal40 - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 02:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 02:36)jackal40 Wrote: Let me add to your wishlist:

That would depend on if guest actors have been entered in the episode info at Thetvdb. And as that data is entered by users, many times that field is left blank.

PS. If there is guest actors entered, then MC does scrape and add that info to the episode nfo file.
True, but I was attempting to refer to the use of IMDB as the episode scrapper. In many cases that information is there, however in my attempts I have not gotten a successful scape of the information. Maybe that will be different with this new version.

Well, I can't right click on an episode without this version throwing an exception.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 02:59)jackal40 Wrote: True, but I was attempting to refer to the use of IMDB as the episode scrapper. In many cases that information is there, however in my attempts I have not gotten a successful scape of the information. Maybe that will be different with this new version.
What we really need is a mechanism for being able to scrape different info from a variety of sources.
On my own 'To-Do' list is to re-write the MC scrapers to conform to the XBMC-type scrapers to allow this.
Unfortunately, this is about #3 on my list, and I am finding it difficult to allocate the time for MC development, so it may be some time before I get to it.
jeanbraye seems to be forging thru the issues so may get to it before I do!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 03:09)HueyHq Wrote: What we really need is a mechanism for being able to scrape different info from a variety of sources.
On my own 'To-Do' list is to re-write the MC scrapers to conform to the XBMC-type scrapers to allow this.
Unfortunately, this is about #3 on my list, and I am finding it difficult to allocate the time for MC development, so it may be some time before I get to it.
jeanbraye seems to be forging thru the issues so may get to it before I do!

Maybe we can use the project ScrapperXML ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52929

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-07

(2013-01-07, 11:07)jeanbraye Wrote: Maybe we can use the project ScraperXML ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52929
It's not so much the creation of the scrapers we gotta worry about; it is the inserting the scraped info into the existing structure/s of MC. It should be standard, so probably not too much of an issue; MC has a couple of extra fields which shouldn't affect anything (and hasn't so far!).

Great wee project tho'; I'll be sure to keep it in mind!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - jeanbraye - 2013-01-09

New Release 3.5.2.0 (2013-01-08)

Fixed - Menu movies -> "Refresh all movies" refreshing is now working
Fixed - Issue when a movie is not avalaible on disk.
Fixed - Clear fan art image when no movie is avalaible.
Fixed - Issue when switching tabs after changed a movie.
Fixed - The selected movie stay selected after switching between tabs.
New - Added the IMDBId on the main movie information.
Changed - Tooltip appears after 2 seconds.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-09

Hey Jean

Great work. Refresh all Movies - perfect.

Like the delay in Tooltip appearing. Nice. One question? Can Tooltip be set to only display if the mouse pointer is over the Plot column for a movie?? ie: if mouse pointer over the movie name, tooltip does not appear, but if over plot icon at end of movie-name line, then it appears?

Another request, if possible, is to be able to click on circle in Watch Status column, to toggle the actual watch status?

I hope you don't think I'm a nuisance asking these things, as you've done a Great Job on the layout of Movies. Thanks again!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Spydawg - 2013-01-09

Needs an option to show new media only, hard to find new movies that were just added. I tried to view media without posters/fanart but it shows stuff with images as well,another bug I guess.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-09

(2013-01-09, 02:23)Spydawg Wrote: Needs an option to show new media only, hard to find new movies that were just added. I tried to view media without posters/fanart but it shows stuff with images as well,another bug I guess.
I agree, that would make a great addition! I may very well include the option in future development!
What do you regard as 'new media'? You do have the option to sort by 'Date Added', which I tend to have on as default, but my definition of 'new media' is the stuff added since the previous scrape.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Spydawg - 2013-01-09

Yes I meant stuff added since the previous scrape.

I'll look again for the sort by 'Date Added' option again, I must of overlooked it.
Yup found it, thanks again.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Dragen - 2013-01-10

Why is MC still using .tbn instead of .png?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-10

(2013-01-10, 00:33)Dragen Wrote: Why is MC still using .tbn instead of .png?
'Cos I have been busy over the Xmas period, and have a full-time job, and other hobbies, and have not quite got around to completing it yet! Big Grin
Reason enuff?!

(Oh, and be rest-assured, vbat99 has been on my case about it!)