Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-20

(2015-10-20, 00:08)bobrap Wrote: Sorry, I guess my post wasn't very clear. For single episodes that works great, but, not when I want to rescrape a whole show. No biggie, I can always delete all the nfos in xplorer.

Hmmmm....I'll see what options I have. I didn't want to make it too complicated in the menu.
I'll have a think.....

@bobrap...PM Sent

(2015-10-19, 19:37)bobrap Wrote: Worked great, thanks. A question about image scraping. When using the Fanart.tv scraper for images, the default is poster/fanart.jpg. Is that changeable? I think I read that someone is working on a change to artwork down-loader to get all these formats standardized. Just more of an info question than a request. Cheers.

Next release has option to save Fanart.TV artwork in <moviename>- format. Note: Wait till Artwork Downloader is updated to support this function.

Still some minor stuff to fix in this area to do with DVD VIDEO_TS folder structure (and probably BluRay as well), and some other coding things I want to do to tidy it up for adding Missing Fanart.TV Filter. But that will be down the track.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-22

Actor thumbs problem.

I'm not seeing any actor/ress thumbnails in my library.

I have 'Download actor thumbnails' deselected in settings. Could that be the problem?
I was thinking that having it selected would download actor thumbs from an online db regardless of what's in the media's respective nfo file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - bobrap - 2015-10-22

Which library? MC or Kodi.

Kodi.... I'm testing it now still.

Are you using local info only for your scraper? If so, then the nfo should point to the location of the actor images and Kodi should read that from the nfo.

I am.

I'm confused about this option: Download actor thumbnails.
Does having it selected only download actor thumbs from online databases or does it also retrieves the path from the nfo?

I wouldn't want it download when I already have them stored at a central location.

As far as I know, Kodi will read the nfo first. If the nfo points to a folder containing actor images (.actors in movie/tv folder) or a centralized folder (i.e. D:\actors), the images shouldn't be downloaded. If you use Artwork Downloader, it should be set to use local files.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-22

Here's how it works.
If Kodi scrapes the local nfo, it will first
1. Look for a .actor's folder. copy image if found. else
2. download using the actor's thumb info stored in the nfo.
2a If thumb points to a url, it stores the url and dl's the image.
2b If the nfo points to a central actor location, ie local folder.
2b1 copies actor image from local folder.
2b2 faults if it can't find or access the local folder.

so, first check how MC is set up.

There are two options, and I Think (can't remember) they work individually.
1 Select Download to .actor folder.
2 Save to central location.

Now, for option 1 only, MC downloads the actors image to a .actor folder, and also stores the original url address in the nfo as Actor's Thumb.

Option 2. MC downloads the actors image to the location set in your preferences, and stores this location in the Actor's Thumb.
For Option 2, Both Media Companion and your Kodi install need to be able to access the central location. This is important specially if Kodi is on a different machine, to get the correct path set in Media Companion.

Hope this hasn't made it more confusing for you.

Thanks for the assist guys Smile

It's not confusing me. I knew almost all of that, apart from the nested points that's at the top. It's rather creative and informative Smile

What I don't understand is Kodi's option in the settings:
Code:
Settings->Video->Library->Download actor thumbnails

I just cleaned up my library to test it and it seemed I MUST select that option if I want actor thumbs in my library. It confused me because the hint at the bottom for that option states that enabling it would download actor thumbs from an online database.

I'm starting to think they should consider appending if not using a nfo file to all the hint Smile

-------------

Out of curiosity, can you explain why I see 'Scanning ### out of 811 folders'--or something close to that Smile--when I hit 'Refresh'? I only have 760 movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-22

(2015-10-22, 20:51)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the assist guys Smile

It's not confusing me. I knew almost all of that, apart from the nested points that's at the top. It's rather creative and informative Smile

What I don't understand is Kodi's option in the settings:
Code:
Settings->Video->Library->Download actor thumbnails

I just cleaned up my library to test it and it seemed I MUST select that option if I want actor thumbs in my library. It confused me because the hint at the bottom for that option states that enabling it would download actor thumbs from an online database.

-------------

Out of curiosity, can you explain why I see 'Scanning ### out of 811 folders'--or something close to that Smile--when I hit 'Refresh'? I only have 760 movies.

Probably says it'll DL from online as majority of users would just let Kodi scrape the data,not use local nfo's etc.

As for the higher folder count, it's also counting sub-folders, and possibly the root folders also. Nothing to worry about.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - marhutchy - 2015-10-23

I see.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-10-25

hey vbat.
I was trying to update some trailer urls is there a way to manually add youtube trailers, here im thinking of if i just add the youtube link I wont get the plugin format.
MC added the lowest quality trailer to the url, would it be possible to impliment so one could select between multiple trailers (maybe only from edit movie).
and possiblely a way to open the trailer link as of now we only have download trailer if its in url only but it would be nice to be able to open the link to test (with all these remakes and reboots the trailers are wrong).

In the process of this I just now discovered link movie to tv show Very awesome ;D
KUDOS

Ztrust

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-10-25

(2015-10-25, 20:59)ztrust Wrote: hey vbat.
I was trying to update some trailer urls is there a way to manually add you-tube trailers, here I'm thinking of if i just add the you-tube link I wont get the plugin format.
MC added the lowest quality trailer to the URL, would it be possible to implement so one could select between multiple trailers (maybe only from edit movie).
and possibly a way to open the trailer link as of now we only have download trailer if its in URL only but it would be nice to be able to open the link to test (with all these remakes and reboots the trailers are wrong).

In the process of this I just now discovered link movie to tv show Very awesome ;D
KUDOS

Ztrust

It's been a while since I've looked at the trailer functionality in Media Companion, and can't recall it very clearly.
But, I do know trying to implement a selection method will not be possible within Media Companion. The complexity is in visually showing the trailer to the user, so they can select the correct one.
With You-Tube changing their functionality all the time, it's difficult trying to ensure MC hit's this moving target. Also, in being able to select what resolution video file is gotten.

I'll have another look at this code, but reality is that You-Tube is going to be a complex and shifting problem.