Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - vbat99 - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 03:01)ztrust Wrote: hej again
just unrelated is kodi forum threads covered in chinese charectors for you too ?
and tx for the reply´s it clears most of it up but try and download latest mkvtoolnix the mmrg is no longer present

and tx for looking into the actor things Wink

Nope site doesn't have chinese characters for me. Maybe a Browser update required?

I did get a notice that there was a MVKTools update, so I'll take a knosey at it.

@ztrust

Use mkvtoolnix-gui.exe instead of mmgr.exe from MKVToolsNix.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - ztrust - 2015-11-17

tx I figured out what it was soe dude kept opening threads with chinese charektors but they got deleted again

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - MANswers - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-16, 04:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 01:15)MANswers Wrote: I have a quick question about scraping additional art, if it is possible. I mean, lets say for example when you scrape a movie through media companion, does it scrape all the available disc images for a given movie, for eg:- on fanart tv, there are more options for for logos or discs, currently i see its not downloading all the discs, or logos, instead it will just take one.
Is there an option that i can enable to download all the possible artwork from fanart.tv?

Currently Media Companion is coded to only get one of each artwork, as I believe this is all Artwork Downloader would get if there is local art.

It could be done, but how to name the artwork?
Would have to have one image as
clearart.png

Would the rest be
clearart-1.png
clearart-2.png
etc (as an example).

I think its a great idea to add an addon number to each clearart or disk, this way if someone doesnt like the present default clearart or artwork they can browse manually and choose the logo/cd art they want.
Just saying, would it be too hard for you to get that to implement this? It be a great add on feature, just a check mark and that could download all the available artwork.. from fanart.tv right?

(2015-11-17, 05:24)MANswers Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 04:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 01:15)MANswers Wrote: I have a quick question about scraping additional art, if it is possible. I mean, lets say for example when you scrape a movie through media companion, does it scrape all the available disc images for a given movie, for eg:- on fanart tv, there are more options for for logos or discs, currently i see its not downloading all the discs, or logos, instead it will just take one.
Is there an option that i can enable to download all the possible artwork from fanart.tv?

Currently Media Companion is coded to only get one of each artwork, as I believe this is all Artwork Downloader would get if there is local art.

It could be done, but how to name the artwork?
Would have to have one image as
clearart.png

Would the rest be
clearart-1.png
clearart-2.png
etc (as an example).

I think its a great idea to add an add-on number to each clearart or disk, this way if someone doesn't like the present default clearart or artwork they can browse manually and choose the logo/cd art they want.
Just saying, would it be too hard for you to get that to implement this? It be a great add on feature, just a check mark and that could download all the available artwork.. from fanart.tv right?

Yes, it can be done. It won't be in the next release unless I get a ton of Free Time, but probably the next release after that. (Currently updating the Documentation pages of Media Companion, getting ready for the next release and it's new feature....no hints though).

BTW, is this for Movies or TV, or Both?

(2015-11-17, 05:28)vbat99 Wrote: BTW, is this for Movies or TV, or Both?

Just movies.
CD art, clear logo, poster, fanart, banner. I think it be a great. it be the best feature a scraper can have.
Each time i dont like the cd art, or the logo or other art i have to go back to fanart.tv and see other options.
with you inculcating this feature into media companion, its going to be one stop solution to every scraper software that can offer.

vbat99, i have just one more request, and i think this is one very important one... it be great if u can inculcate this.

In order for the studio logo to appear as a flag/lable for the movie, its mandatory for the nfo files for each of these movies, contain the studio tag, and these tags do not contain just one studio production house name, but other ventures as well, hence the logo properly does not display. I was looking for the movie Forrest Gump's nfo, and i see this..

<studio>Paramount Pictures., Legendary Pictures, Virtual Studios</studio>

when i edited this out just to..

<studio>Paramount Pictures</studio>

i can see the studio logo for the movie.

Damn, its going to be extremely frustating and tiring to edit out all of these 1000's of movies one by one?
I was wondering if u could limit the studio name to just one production house, anything that is after the comma or full stop be ignored, or stopped from populating
Can this be done?

Yes, you can limit the Studio count to one. Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab.
Just above the Apply changes button, Set the Max studio's to one.

Then use the Batch rescrape wizard for Studio only.

I do not know what Kodi would do if the studio's were split into separate tags, ie:
Code:
<studio>Legendary Pictures</studio>
<studio>Virtual Studios</studio>

Maybe you could test a movie with the studio's split like above. I'd be interested to know what happens in Kodi.

Ok I am going to pick 10 movies first, move it to a new folder and then try to rescrape the way you mentioned.
I will also try to add three <studio> tags with production house names on one of the blurays, and reload and see how it looks. Will report back in few mins.

If it works, it'll be easy for me to change Media Companion to save as separate tags

Ok, i tried adding three studio's using similar example you mentioned earlier...

Nothing comes up. You dont see even one studio logo. But when i remove the last two, i get the paramount pictures logo come up.

ok, a quick stupid question.
The re-scraping is definately working, the last 10 movies i scraped the studio logo's came up for a few, but it wont just come up when i start kodi, i have to hit the reload button for each movie, and then only it comes up, then i have to hit "get artwork for solo mode" for artwork downloader to initiate and attach the cd art and logo to the movie.
Is there a way i can hit reload for all the movies at a single shot? i can have artwork downloader get artwork in gui mode for all in single shot, but how about reload? clean cache and then then re-update the library?

also, do i hit "batch rescrape" in the movies dropdown menu?
Cos if i do that, and i choose all that i want to rescrape, it still adds multiple studio's to the nfo, i have already choosen the the option you mentioned under Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab to just add one studio entry to the nfo.

(2015-11-17, 08:58)MANswers Wrote: Ok, i tried adding three studio's using similar example you mentioned earlier...

Nothing comes up. You dont see even one studio logo. But when i remove the last two, i get the paramount pictures logo come up.

ok, a quick stupid question.
The re-scraping is definately working, the last 10 movies i scraped the studio logo's came up for almost all of them, but it wont just come up when i start kodi, i have to hit the reload button for each movie, and then only it comes up, then i have to hit "get artwork for solo mode" for artwork downloader to initiate and attach the cd art and logo to the movie.
Is there a way i can hit reload for all the movies at a single shot? i can have artwork downloader get artwork in gui mode for all in single shot, but how about reload? clean cache and then then re-update the library?
Yep, unfortunately, once Kodi has uploaded the nfo, it doesn't care if the nfo has changed.

Easiest way is to change the content for the movie folder to None.
Kodi will as if you want to remove from library, select No.
Then change content back to Movie, and this time Kodi will as if you want to refresh all movie in this path. Select Yes.

Ta Da, mass update.

As for multiple entries in Studio field, sorry, your gonna have to rescrape movies in Media Companion, selecting only a single Studio to save.