Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-07

(2015-12-06, 17:14)bobrap Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 06:30)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 04:56)bobrap Wrote: Click on the fanart.tv button and try to change poster. Poster isn't saved.

Need some more info. Fanart.TV as in the Tab? Movies or TV?
Or in Preferences ?

Sorry to be so vague. In the Movie and TV tabs. Smile
Have been checking both movies and TV series, and selecting the poster from fanart.tv. It does save the poster, but MC isn't updating until you select a different movie then switch back, or different TV Series then switch back.
I'll have a look at updating the selected movie immediately, and also the TV.

Note, TV series Poster does overwrite the one gotten from TheTVDb site. This is just how the naming of TV Series artwork is.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-07

OK, I see what you're saying about switching back to see new poster. Is the object of the game to eventually have all artwork named <moviename>-artwork, not just the poster and fanart?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-07

(2015-12-07, 06:57)bobrap Wrote: OK, I see what you're saying about switching back to see new poster. Is the object of the game to eventually have all artwork named <moviename>-artwork, not just the poster and fanart?

I will get a fix in for updating the movie and TV Series if artwork has been changed on Fanart.Tv for the next release.

Now, as for naming of Fanart.TV artwork for Kodi , in regards to Movies.
Artwork Downloader Currently saves Fanart.TV artwork as
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
clearart.png
logo.png
etc

But, if a user does a Export of Kodi Database, Kodi exported these images as (for example movie Highlander
Highlander 1986-poster.jpg
Highlander 1986-fanart.jpg
Highlander 1986-clearart.png
Highlander 1986-logo.png
etc

After a lot of people complaining that exported artwork was not picked back up again by Artwork Download, the developer has decided that the next version will support
<moviename>-artwork.extn

To allow this future naming, I have included the option in Media Companion.
See here and look for my username, I asked on the progress of the new naming. Martijn answered its still a Work In Progress.

When the new option comes to fruition, I plan on creating a one-time tool to rename Fanart.TV artwork to the new naming convention. But, I am hoping that Artwork Downloader will have the option to look for old naming as well as new naming.

So, off to check on updating Movie and TV Fanart image notification.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-07

(2015-12-07, 07:52)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 06:57)bobrap Wrote: OK, I see what you're saying about switching back to see new poster. Is the object of the game to eventually have all artwork named <moviename>-artwork, not just the poster and fanart?

I will get a fix in for updating the movie and TV Series if artwork has been changed on Fanart.Tv for the next release.

Now, as for naming of Fanart.TV artwork for Kodi , in regards to Movies.
Artwork Downloader Currently saves Fanart.TV artwork as
poster.jpg
fanart.jpg
clearart.png
logo.png
etc

But, if a user does a Export of Kodi Database, Kodi exported these images as (for example movie Highlander
Highlander 1986-poster.jpg
Highlander 1986-fanart.jpg
Highlander 1986-clearart.png
Highlander 1986-logo.png
etc

After a lot of people complaining that exported artwork was not picked back up again by Artwork Download, the developer has decided that the next version will support
<moviename>-artwork.extn

To allow this future naming, I have included the option in Media Companion.
See here and look for my username, I asked on the progress of the new naming. Martijn answered its still a Work In Progress.

When the new option comes to fruition, I plan on creating a one-time tool to rename Fanart.TV artwork to the new naming convention. But, I am hoping that Artwork Downloader will have the option to look for old naming as well as new naming.

So, off to check on updating Movie and TV Fanart image notification.

When I did an export, the only files in this format (<moviename>-artwork.extn) were poster and fanart. That's why I asked about the naming convention. Maybe it'll be sorted by Xmas, but, I'm not holding my breath. Smile

(2015-11-17, 01:12)ztrust Wrote: Hi Vbat

im setting up an entire new machine and noticed that MKVToolnix no longer uses mmrg.exe ! which file should i select in MC ?
can also see that actors dont seem to be downloaded or added to info when using tvshow actors from tvdb epsisode actors from imdb.
I have checked they do exist (maybe this is related to alot of roles seems to be missing from non standard cast but i do not know where this info is taken from only that it is on imdb)

@ztrust

Just gotten back to this issue of Episode actors from IMDB, and tested with a episode from Series 'Forever'. This episode scraped the IMDB Actors correctly.

Can you please give an example for a Series and an episode where this doesn't happen for you, so i can reproduce and get it working %95 of the time...lol

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-08

@tars
Suggestions 1 and 3 are done for the next release.
1. right click on tab heading to switch between IMDB and TMDB. On Program open it defaults to IMDB.
If a movie does not have a IMDB ID, MC displays TMDB. If No TMDB Id, displays IMDB. If neither IMDB or TMDB Id, warning message pops up.

3. Jump to movie in list by typing part of Movie title, ie: Type "MIS" will jump to first matching movie with these characters at the start of the title.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ztrust - 2015-12-08

Hej Vbat

I am not entirely sure if it was a fuckup on my system ;( so i will keep an eye out in the future.
been playing with the new release and there seems to be some problems with saving settings (exclude from scan,display duration from file and profiles default,startup) these settings wont save.

when we come to the fanart changes I hope you guys will leave in an options to keep current naming, though I see the problem if AD stops supporting it

new version looks good Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-08

(2015-12-08, 07:35)ztrust Wrote: Hej Vbat

I am not entirely sure if it was a fuckup on my system ;( so i will keep an eye out in the future.
been playing with the new release and there seems to be some problems with saving settings (exclude from scan,display duration from file and profiles default,startup) these settings wont save.

when we come to the fanart changes I hope you guys will leave in an options to keep current naming, though I see the problem if AD stops supporting it

Hi ztrust.

Keep me informed if it happens again.
As for the preferences not saving, some have been fixed. Exclude from scan, and I think display duration from file. The profiles default is new, and startup. Can you elaborate what's happening with these?
I knew there would be some that wouldn't happily transfer over (or I missed them).

(2015-12-08, 07:48)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 07:35)ztrust Wrote: Hej Vbat

Hi ztrust.

Keep me informed if it happens again.
As for the preferences not saving, some have been fixed. Exclude from scan, and I think display duration from file. The profiles default is new, and startup. Can you elaborate what's happening with these?
I knew there would be some that wouldn't happily transfer over (or I missed them).

Right, Exclude and Duration from file were fixed. And Profiles Default and Startup are also fixed. Will be in the next release, out tomorrow.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ztrust - 2015-12-08

Both on clean install and when i copy settings the profile change wont stick when i set one of my profiles as default and startup, next time I start mc it still says the default profile is defualt so it just wont save and i dont even have a default profile with the copied setting but it wont save on clean install either

awesome Wink

(2015-12-08, 08:10)ztrust Wrote: Both on clean install and when i copy settings the profile change wont stick when i set one of my profiles as default and startup, next time I start mc it still says the default profile is defualt so it just wont save and i dont even have a default profile with the copied setting but it wont save on clean install either

Hi ztrust.

Done and done. Will definitely get new build out within the next 24 Hrs.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-08

(2015-12-04, 21:02)vbat99 Wrote: Thought not sure if #4 can be done considering how filters behave. Will see if there is a way to possibly step back, but can't promise anything.

Here's one way to address the issue.

Say, you first filter to sci-fi movies using genre filter on the left panel, and then to Tom Cruise movies by clicking on the filter button next to actor list on the right viewer panel.
What happens at that moment is that actor filter on the left, if configured to show up, gets changed to display "+Tom Cruise". Hence, if you want to go back to the previous sci-fi collection, you would only need to reset that actor filter on the left.

So here's my suggestion.
Make those filter buttons on the right panel ("search button" on the manual) be able to display on & off state.
If the user clicks on the button, then it turns on. If the user clicks on the button with another item (like different actor), it still turns on. But when the user clicks on the button with the same existing value, then it turns off. At the same time it resets the corresponding filter on the left, whether or not visible. That will be equivalent to stepping back to the previous filtering state.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-08

What tag should I use to list file size in the template?

(2015-12-08, 13:01)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 21:02)vbat99 Wrote: Thought not sure if #4 can be done considering how filters behave. Will see if there is a way to possibly step back, but can't promise anything.

Here's one way to address the issue.

Say, you first filter to sci-fi movies using genre filter on the left panel, and then to Tom Cruise movies by clicking on the filter button next to actor list on the right viewer panel.
What happens at that moment is that actor filter on the left, if configured to show up, gets changed to display "+Tom Cruise". Hence, if you want to go back to the previous sci-fi collection, you would only need to reset that actor filter on the left.

So here's my suggestion.
Make those filter buttons on the right panel ("search button" on the manual) be able to display on & off state.
If the user clicks on the button, then it turns on. If the user clicks on the button with another item (like different actor), it still turns on. But when the user clicks on the button with the same existing value, then it turns off. At the same time it resets the corresponding filter on the left, whether or not visible. That will be equivalent to stepping back to the previous filtering state.

Still a bit confused on this one. Not sure what your meaning by Make those filter buttons on the right panel ("search button" on the manual) be able to display on & off state.

(2015-12-08, 18:33)tars Wrote: What tag should I use to list file size in the template?

Are you talking about Export Template? Not sure if filesize is included in exporting. I'll look at the routine.