Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-16

Phew, glad its working for others also. Rofl

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - MANswers - 2015-12-16

will try the new built and report back, by the way which of the configuration/setting files i need to copy over from my previous built to the new one to retain the settings i made in the previous version of MC?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fish-Man - 2015-12-16

I have installed 3.638b and these are my findings:
In - Movie Preferences > General > Rename Movie Settings > Movie During AutoScrape selected, gives:
"()"
to the filename, and leaves the folder name intact.

Using MC scraper gives:
"This movie could not be identified, or IMDB is un-available. To add the movie manually, either go to the movie edit page and select "Change Movie", then select the correct movie, or change movie scraper to XBMC-TMDB and Rescrape Movie."
Using XBMC TMDB scraper, is fine.
It's also MUCH slower in scraping with both methods. It sits at "Main Body" for ages, then the rest give the 'OK' the same as usual.

On the Output Log, I get:
"An error was encountered while trying to add a scraped Actor
Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Media Companion\cache\10E7A93EBAA2ED5A3EFC65C452D7E6DF79CA21E.jpg'."
Correct ! It's not in the folder. Not sure what's happening there.

Also, <outline> and <stars> are both empty now!

Regards,
Paul

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-16

Thanks, Rob. So far everything is working great. Wish the artwork downloader would get fixed. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-16

(2015-12-16, 16:29)Fish-Man Wrote: I have installed 3.638b and these are my findings:
In - Movie Preferences > General > Rename Movie Settings > Movie During AutoScrape selected, gives:
"()"
to the filename, and leaves the folder name intact.

Using MC scraper gives:
"This movie could not be identified, or IMDB is un-available. To add the movie manually, either go to the movie edit page and select "Change Movie", then select the correct movie, or change movie scraper to XBMC-TMDB and Rescrape Movie."
Using XBMC TMDB scraper, is fine.
It's also MUCH slower in scraping with both methods. It sits at "Main Body" for ages, then the rest give the 'OK' the same as usual.

On the Output Log, I get:
"An error was encountered while trying to add a scraped Actor
Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Media Companion\cache\10E7A93EBAA2ED5A3EFC65C452D7E6DF79CA21E.jpg'."
Correct ! It's not in the folder. Not sure what's happening there.

Also, <outline> and <stars> are both empty now!

Regards,
Paul

Please do not have Media Companion in a Protected location, ie: Desktop, User folder or Program Files.
As Media Companion is not an Installed Application, it does not get the correct permissions to run from these locations.

It is highly recommended to have the Media Companion folder in the root of a Hard Drive.
For me, I have C:\_MC\, and all Media Companion versions are extracted under this folder.

Please try and advise if still having issues.

(2015-12-16, 15:38)MANswers Wrote: will try the new built and report back, by the way which of the configuration/setting files i need to copy over from my previous built to the new one to retain the settings i made in the previous version of MC?

After extracting the new version, Copy the Settings folder from your previously run build to the new Media Companion folder.
Run the new Media Companion.exe and it will load your existing preferences.

When upgrading like this, I recommend to Run the new MC Once, close it, and Run it again. This will allow any new settings, to be stored in the config.xml file.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-16

Thanks for the new release!

1. Handling of article in movie set issue has not entirely been sorted yet. Filter to movies with a set title starting with "the", and then select any individual movie. The set title in the browser box on the right shows "None" instead. This happens if you have "Ignore Article MovieSet Title" option enabled (I didn't tick "Ignore Article to end of Movie Set" option, though).

2. As for runtime scraping of the inbuilt IMDB scraper, it's now working fine for most movies except for two in my collection: Paperman (2012), Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (2011). First I thought it might have something to do with one-digit runtime, but it's working fine for other one-digit runtime movies such as Vincent (1982).

3. When sorting by runtime in movie list, I notice this alignment issue here and there.

But runtime entries in those movies' nfo files have no difference from other normal ones like "<runtime>89 min</runtime>". What causes this then?

4. Where did "Show Movie Table tool tip" option go? I can't seem to find it.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fish-Man - 2015-12-16

(2015-12-16, 18:58)vbat99 Wrote: Please do not have Media Companion in a Protected location, ie: Desktop, User folder or Program Files.
As Media Companion is not an Installed Application, it does not get the correct permissions to run from these locations.

It is highly recommended to have the Media Companion folder in the root of a Hard Drive.
For me, I have C:\_MC\, and all Media Companion versions are extracted under this folder.

Please try and advise if still having issues.
THANK YOU !
All my issues are fixed! If you are ever round my way, please feel free to pop in, and poke me in the eye with a sharp stick. Blush

But, just to add a bit more....
When I made a few changes to the settings (checking if all was well with, and without, the selected options) I cliked on Apply, and got a message box back saying:

---------------------------
Continue?
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Continue?
Yes No

Finally, when I checked the .nfo of "Veronika Decides to Die (2009)" at the end of the <tagline> was:
Code:
"                &lt;span class="see-more inline"&gt;&lt;a href="/title/tt1068678/taglines?ref_=tt_stry_tg"&gt; See more&lt;/a&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;raquo;                &lt;/span&gt;"

Thanks,
Paul

(2015-12-16, 19:20)tars Wrote: Thanks for the new release!

1. Handling of article in movie set issue has not entirely been sorted yet. Filter to movies with a set title starting with "the", and then select any individual movie. The set title in the browser box on the right shows "None" instead. This happens if you have "Ignore Article MovieSet Title" option enabled (I didn't tick "Ignore Article to end of Movie Set" option, though).
OK, I see I missed when the movie is selected, to also apply the Ignore Article. Will get that sorted on the next reelase.
(2015-12-16, 19:20)tars Wrote: 2. As for runtime scraping of the inbuilt IMDB scraper, it's now working fine for most movies except for two in my collection: Paperman (2012), Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (2011). First I thought it might have something to do with one-digit runtime, but it's working fine for other one-digit runtime movies such as Vincent (1982).
Will have a look at these. I know there are going to be certain exceptions to the rules, and the fix in 3.638b is one exception.
(2015-12-16, 19:20)tars Wrote: 3. When sorting by runtime in movie list, I notice this alignment issue here and there.

But runtime entries in those movies' nfo files have no difference from other normal ones like "<runtime>89 min</runtime>". What causes this then?
Interesting. Will check this also.
(2015-12-16, 19:20)tars Wrote: 4. Where did "Show Movie Table tool tip" option go? I can't seem to find it.
I have no ideaHuh LOL. Damn it, another preference that got missed. Oops.

(2015-12-16, 20:14)Fish-Man Wrote: THANK YOU !
All my issues are fixed! If you are ever round my way, please feel free to pop in, and poke me in the eye with a sharp stick. Blush

But, just to add a bit more....
When I made a few changes to the settings (checking if all was well with, and without, the selected options) I cliked on Apply, and got a message box back saying:

Continue?
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Continue?
Yes No
Hmmm, bugger, not enough to give me a clue what is causing this. Can you reproduce? Steps to reproduce?

(2015-12-16, 20:14)Fish-Man Wrote: Finally, when I checked the .nfo of "Veronika Decides to Die (2009)" at the end of the <tagline> was:
Code:
"                &lt;span class="see-more inline"&gt;&lt;a href="/title/tt1068678/taglines?ref_=tt_stry_tg"&gt; See more&lt;/a&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;raquo;                &lt;/span&gt;"

Thanks,
Paul
Bugger, crap, poop! Another IMDB change that I missed. Thought I'd caught them all.
OK, will test and figure it out.

Thanks for the Movie title I can test. Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-17

@tars
1. Fix in place for Movie Set display on Movie Select if Ignore Article is enabled.
2. Fix if Movie less than 60 minutes and scrape Runtime from IMDB
4. Found missing Option for MovieTableToolTip and added to Preferences. Movie -> General Tab.

@Fish-Man
Fixed Tagline from IMDB.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-17

Disregard the runtime alignment issue as I sorted it out by re-saving all nfo files (for another purpose). Could have been a glitch in nfo format.
And thanks for those quick fixes for the next release!

Exclude "Rated" prefix on MPAA Certificate option doesn't work correctly for movies with verbose certificates such as "Rated R for violence". If it's just "Rated R" it correctly writes "R" without the "Rated" prefix, but if the certificate contains "for..." phrase, then the prefix remains. The same goes for all other levels of certificates.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 06:52)tars Wrote: Disregard the runtime alignment issue as I sorted it out by re-saving all nfo files (for another purpose). Could have been a glitch in nfo format.
And thanks for those quick fixes for the next release!

Yep, was wondering about that as I couldn't reproduce.

(2015-12-17, 08:32)tars Wrote: Exclude "Rated" prefix on MPAA Certificate option doesn't work correctly for movies with verbose certificates such as "Rated R for violence". If it's just "Rated R" it correctly writes "R" without the "Rated" prefix, but if the certificate contains "for..." phrase, then the prefix remains. The same goes for all other levels of certificates.

Always a difficult one this, when they add the phrase after. Never found a way to resolve it. Maybe just cut from second space onwards??

Just removing "Rated" prefix at the beginning would suffice.