Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-19, 08:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 04:19)marhutchy Wrote: I'm having issues download... Sad

Sorry, not seeing an issue here. Downloaded from link OK.

But I am seriously getting pissed off with Avast Antivirus again picking up a dll as a false positive.

Everyone, Media Companion does not have a Virus, in case your AV picks up.
Out of no where, Avast is flagging impa.dll as a virus, when last week (before a Avast update) everything we sweet.

All files have been checked and tested against www.virustotal.com.

Bloody Avast!

It was Avast.
Works after I disabled Avast.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-18, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote: if not selected, Rated is added if not present.

Due to the change, now "Rated" gets added even before "Unrated", "Not Rated", "Approved", "Passed", and no-value movies.

If you enable "exclude Rated" option, then filtering gets messed up with R-rated movies as I reported earlier.

(2015-12-18, 03:59)tars Wrote: I got hundreds of filtering entries for R movies like "R for ..." unlike PG or PG-13 movies.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-19, 10:38)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 08:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 04:19)marhutchy Wrote: I'm having issues download... Sad

Sorry, not seeing an issue here. Downloaded from link OK.

But I am seriously getting pissed off with Avast Antivirus again picking up a dll as a false positive.

Out of no where, Avast is flagging impa.dll as a virus, when last week (before a Avast update) everything we sweet.

Bloody Avast!

It was Avast.

If you have Media Companion extracted to a specific location, you can add that location to be excluded from scans.
For example I have D:\_MC as my core folder.
under this I have a folder for Current with a desktop shortcut to D:\_MC\Current\Media Companion.exe
All downloads go into D:\_MC and are extracted into sub folders here.

In Avast, go to Setting, and on General, scroll down to the section called Exclusions, and add the path D:\_MC\* (as my example)

I have again forwarded example of the dll to Avast for exclusion in their next update, but if/when that happens...
Funny thing is, last version of Avast had no trouble, and this version has no issue with the x64 build. Only the x86 build if IMPA.dll

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-19

(2015-12-19, 13:39)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 04:49)vbat99 Wrote: if not selected, Rated is added if not present.

Due to the change, now "Rated" gets added even before "Unrated", "Not Rated", "Approved", "Passed", and no-value movies.

So I need to add checking for
"Unrated", "Not Rated", "Approved", "Passed", and no-value and leave these along.

(2015-12-19, 13:39)tars Wrote: If you enable "exclude Rated" option, then filtering gets messed up with R-rated movies as I reported earlier.

(2015-12-18, 03:59)tars Wrote: I got hundreds of filtering entries for R movies like "R for ..." unlike PG or PG-13 movies.

So what's the suggested here, leave Rated R alone?

Seems I need to play with these settings again.

May have time to look at this today.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-20

(2015-12-19, 20:32)vbat99 Wrote: So what's the suggested here, leave Rated R alone?

No, I meant filtering doesn't work properly without "Rated" prefix, so you need to fix it.

This happens only with R and NC-17 rated movies.

While you're at it, you might want to improve the filtering scheme to be more useful.

I'd suggest there should be "All" (G) and "18+" (NC-17 / X) categories additionally.

Also "GP" and "M" are the same as today's "PG".

And "Approved" and "Passed" are closer to "Unrated" category since they can be any in today's rating scheme.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2015-12-20

(2015-12-19, 20:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 10:38)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 08:50)vbat99 Wrote: Sorry, not seeing an issue here. Downloaded from link OK.

Bloody Avast!

It was Avast.

If you have Media Companion extracted to a specific location, you can add that location to be excluded from scans.
For example I have D:\_MC as my core folder.
under this I have a folder for Current with a desktop shortcut to D:\_MC\Current\Media Companion.exe
All downloads go into D:\_MC and are extracted into sub folders here.

In Avast, go to Setting, and on General, scroll down to the section called Exclusions, and add the path D:\_MC\* (as my example)

I have again forwarded example of the dll to Avast for exclusion in their next update, but if/when that happens...
Funny thing is, last version of Avast had no trouble, and this version has no issue with the x64 build. Only the x86 build if IMPA.dll

Cheers

Yes, that's what I did Smile
Firstly, I disabled the antivirus and tested the link.
I excluded the directory afterwards.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-20

Hey, Rob. Can you check if the option for set artwork has gone bye bye from the fanart and posters tabs. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - ztrust - 2015-12-22

Hey vbat
Regarding the episode actors and images not being scraped from imdb I have been keeping an eye out and a good example is The Flash (2014) Season 2 Episode 8
Imdb all actors have role and and thumb on IMDB but my nfo do not have these
Code:
<actor>
        <name>Casper Crump</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Ciara Renée</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Falk Hentschel</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Teddy Sears</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Stephen Amell</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Emily Bett Rickards</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>David Ramsey</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>John Barrowman</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Willa Holland</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Neal McDonough</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Anna Hopkins</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Shantel VanSanten</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>

Settings is Tvshow actor from TMDB and episode actor from imdb

and flash tvshow info
<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
<tvshowactorsource>tvdb</tvshowactorsource>
<sortorder>default</sortorder>
<sorttitle>Flash (2014), The</sorttitle>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-22

The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape properly field values with hypertext.
Try scrape outline for Aliens (1986), which currently writes: "The planet from <a href='/title/tt0078748/?ref_='>Alien".

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-22

(2015-12-20, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Can you check if the option for set artwork has gone bye bye from the fanart and posters tabs. Thanks.

Hi Bobrap
Sorry, with Xmas looming, work closing for Xmas and family commitments, haven't had much time to took into this. I believe there was a coding error that stopped this but it may have been fixed Note: this button is only present if the Movie Set has a TMDB Id number, else its hidden.

(2015-12-22, 13:07)ztrust Wrote: Hey vbat
Regarding the episode actors and images not being scraped from imdb I have been keeping an eye out and a good example is The Flash (2014) Season 2 Episode 8
Imdb all actors have role and and thumb on IMDB but my nfo do not have these
Code:
<actor>
        <name>Casper Crump</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Ciara Renée</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Falk Hentschel</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Teddy Sears</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Stephen Amell</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Emily Bett Rickards</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>David Ramsey</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>John Barrowman</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Willa Holland</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Neal McDonough</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Anna Hopkins</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Shantel VanSanten</name>
        <role>
        </role>
    </actor>

Settings is Tvshow actor from TMDB and episode actor from imdb

and flash tvshow info
<episodeactorsource>imdb</episodeactorsource>
<tvshowactorsource>tvdb</tvshowactorsource>
<sortorder>default</sortorder>
<sorttitle>Flash (2014), The</sorttitle>

(2015-12-22, 14:54)tars Wrote: The inbuilt IMDB scraper fails to scrape properly field values with hypertext.
Try scrape outline for Aliens (1986), which currently writes: "The planet from <a href='/title/tt0078748/?ref_='>Alien".

@ztrust and @tars

IMDB has been changing around their site again. Most recent changes is they are alternating their displayed pages. Currently there are two different layouts and it is random when either is displayed.

In MC3.639b I had done fixes for a number of fields, but it seems there are some more that I need to compensate for.

I will check into Actor images for TV Episodes, as well as all field scraped from IMDB for Movies.

Can't promise a new release before Xmas, but will do my best.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-22

(2015-12-22, 19:07)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-12-20, 18:01)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Can you check if the option for set artwork has gone bye bye from the fanart and posters tabs. Thanks.

Hi Bobrap
Sorry, with Xmas looming, work closing for Xmas and family commitments, haven't had much time to took into this. I believe there was a coding error that stopped this but it may have been fixed Note: this button is only present if the Movie Set has a TMDB Id number, else its hidden.
Thanks Rob, my bad. Checked the TMDB numbers and it's fine. Take some time off from this and enjoy the holidays! Have a Happy!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2015-12-23

Vbat99: If you ever are interested in looking at features, I have one for you: Currently in "Home Movies" a <set> element is created in the nfo and is always written as "Home Movies". It would be nice if
1. a preference could be set for the text placed here
and/or
2. An ability to change the set for an nfo in the UI.

Also would be nice to set the <genre> in the UI too.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-23

(2015-12-23, 00:43)scott967 Wrote: Vbat99: If you ever are interested in looking at features, I have one for you: Currently in "Home Movies" a <set> element is created in the nfo and is always written as "Home Movies". It would be nice if
1. a preference could be set for the text placed here
and/or
2. An ability to change the set for an nfo in the UI.

Also would be nice to set the <genre> in the UI too.

scott s.

Setting an option to have the Set title whatever the user wishes can be done.
And the ability to change the Set for all video's listed in Home Movies.

But, are you still talking about actual Home Movies, or custom movies?
For Custom Movies, this is best done in Media Companion -> Movies.

Custom Movies, Add to Movies, let it scrape. Should fail.
Next, right-click the movie in the main browser tab, and select Edit Movie (Alternative).
Allows for much more control for Custom Movies than Home Movies will.

See what can be done for your suggestions above.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - scott967 - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-23, 02:15)vbat99 Wrote: Setting an option to have the Set title whatever the user wishes can be done.
And the ability to change the Set for all video's listed in Home Movies.

But, are you still talking about actual Home Movies, or custom movies?
For Custom Movies, this is best done in Media Companion -> Movies.

Custom Movies, Add to Movies, let it scrape. Should fail.
Next, right-click the movie in the main browser tab, and select Edit Movie (Alternative).
Allows for much more control for Custom Movies than Home Movies will.

See what can be done for your suggestions above.

Thanks. What I found (maybe it is a preferences mistake?) is that I could add it as a movie folder, but when I refreshed MC would start a scraper and return some seemingly random title so all fields were populated with junk. But what I did find was if I first added it as a "home movie" (so that an nfo file was created) and after that added it as a movie, MC would just accept the existing nfo and give me edit control over it. So that resolves my need though it seems a little kludgy.

scott s.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 22:28)scott967 Wrote: Thanks. What I found (maybe it is a preferences mistake?) is that I could add it as a movie folder, but when I refreshed MC would start a scraper and return some seemingly random title so all fields were populated with junk. But what I did find was if I first added it as a "home movie" (so that an nfo file was created) and after that added it as a movie, MC would just accept the existing nfo and give me edit control over it. So that resolves my need though it seems a little kludgy.

scott s.

Yep, can do similar in Edit Movie (Alternative). Once MC scrapes the movie as a random movie, open in Edit Movie (Alternaitve).
There is a Blank Nfo button so users can clear all data and enter their own info.

Cheers