Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - onlinespending - 2015-12-29

I added D:\Movies as the only folder prior to scrapping for the first time. I imagine MC is pulling a directory list, and a bug somehow made it move to the next folder that was alphabetically after my root folder (Photos was directly after Movies on the D: partition).

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-29, 21:21)vbat99 Wrote: You may be interested in looking at customizing the CertificateMappings.xml for your own usage.

Yep, now I'm satisfied.
Really love this great customizability!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2015-12-30

Two small requests:

- Display of progress bar on taskbar icon: useful especially for long-running tasks like batch rescraping
- Additional "General" filter item that lists movies with the same values for "Outline" and "Plot" fields: this would make the plot "Select" button more useful

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 11:00)tars Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 21:21)vbat99 Wrote: You may be interested in looking at customizing the CertificateMappings.xml for your own usage.

Yep, now I'm satisfied.
Really love this great customizability!

The original author of Cert Mapping and the other file, Default Cert mapping, has depreciated Cert Mapping for only the Default file.
I will request that this file become an override file, any entries if this file exists will replace entries in the DefaultCertificateMapping.xml.

(2015-12-30, 15:23)tars Wrote: Two small requests:

- Display of progress bar on taskbar icon: useful especially for long-running tasks like batch rescraping
- Additional "General" filter item that lists movies with the same values for "Outline" and "Plot" fields: this would make the plot "Select" button more useful

I like both ideas, but need to check best method of applying progress bar to taskbar icon if the user is not running a minimum of Windows 7. Else there will be crashes as Win7 onwards supports this function.

Can add new Outline = Plot filter.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-30

Don't know if this is me or what. Tried to add a few new movies and all went fine, except for one. When I try to change movie, MC crashes. Same problem in my 38b setup.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 22:42)bobrap Wrote: Don't know if this is me or what. Tried to add a few new movies and all went fine, except for one. When I try to change movie, MC crashes. Same problem in my 38b setup.

Whats the movie. Give me the filename and the Movie Title, and what scraper your using, anything I can use to reproduce please.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-30

Actually, it's any movie on both scrapers. Let me delete the MC folder and try a new setup.

Just extracted into a new folder. Used options as they come. Added folder with 3 movies. Crash when selecting change movie.

(2015-12-30, 22:59)bobrap Wrote: Actually, it's any movie on both scrapers. Let me delete the MC folder and try a new setup.

Just extracted into a new folder. Used options as they come. Added folder with 3 movies. Crash when selecting change movie.

Strange, just tested with 3.6.3.9b x86 and changed movie OK.

You on x86 or x64 build?

Nope, working for both x86 and x64 builds for me.

Any troubleshooting recommendations? Tried rebooting, virus/firewall off.

What's the location of mediacompanion?
is there a crash message?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - aniziusz - 2015-12-30

Hi All,
I have got the same problem. I think today was a new Flash Player update for Windows10/IE/Edge or you installed Freemake Videoconverter as myself, and the Freemake made something wrong.

If I check it in Windows event protocoll, there is KERNELBASE.DLL missing. After short google it has with IE something togheter.

Regards,
aniziusz

As aniziusz noted, the problem appears to be an update released for flash player. I removed the update and it works just fine. Go figure.Huh

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2015-12-31

(2015-12-30, 23:53)bobrap Wrote: Program located D:\soft\Media Companion 3.639b x64. Tried D:\Media Companion 3.639b x64 as well. Just get this:

Yeah, that's not a Media Companion Crash. Possibly a Windows update or something else that is stalling Media Companion.

Check your event log and it may show what is causing this to happen.

Else, start Task Manager and force close anything that doesn't look right. Worst that can happen doing this is Windows Crashes, but a Restart will get it all back.

As aniziusz mentioned two posts up, they have a similar issue.

Sorry, nothing else I can suggest.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2015-12-31

I was editing when you posted. Smile