Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-16

Thanks a lot!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-19

There's a small but annoying issue with Fanart tab.
If you open the tab, it starts downloading fanart thumbs to the left pane. Then you select a picture, click on save button, and it starts downloading its full-size image. But sometimes it takes forever ending up with "Not Responding" message, and you have to kill the process and relaunch MC.
My guess is that for some reason MC doesn't work well if asked to download a full-size image while it's downloading other images (thumbs for left pane) because this issue never happens if I click on save button after all thumbs were downloaded (but often you have to wait very long to get all thumbs depending on the movie and connection state).
Could you look into the issue? And if my guess turns out to be the case, how about halting downloading fanart thumbs until the selected full-size image gets downloaded and saved?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-20

New Release.

Media Companion 3.640b

Christmas finally over, into the New Year, and time for a new Build.

New:
  • Movies: Allow users to enter their own tags. You need to enable it in preferences.
  • Movies: Add new general filter 'Outline contains html'
  • Movies: Add new option to Include 'Rated' prefix to Certificate.
  • Movies: Allow users to create their own Certificate mappings file, called 'UserCertificateMappings.xml', which if exists, will be used in preference to 'DefaultCertificateMappings.xml'
  • Movies: Addition of %1 to folder renaming. Will create a Sub folder from first letter of Movie Title (All articles are ignored).
  • Movies: Added General Filters for Missing Premier date, Credits, Studio & Country.
  • Movies: Added General Filter for Plot same as Outline.
  • Movies: Addition of sort by Resolution and by Certificate.
  • TV - Allow altering of Episode Title.
  • TV - Add right-click to web browser tab to select TVDB or IMDB.

Fixed:
  • Movies - Number of audio tracks not always shown in overlay graphics.
  • Movies - TrueHD audio codec detection for overlay graphics.
  • Movies - Filters - Removed unwanted behavior - Right click on filter reset the filter.
  • Movies - Modify check for 'Part'.
  • Movies - Remove cached file if zero byte size.
  • Movies - Fix scraping Outline if contains hyperlink.
  • Movies - Fix if no plot or outline - don't save 'add a plot'.
  • Movies - Remove phrases 'on appeal' from MPAA if remove phrase selected.
  • Movies - Sort all Root folder lists.
  • Movies - Rework Actor Images on Scrape and Change Movie.
  • Movies - Correctly support fallback of actor source.
  • Movies - TMDB Option changed to DL Actors from IMDB with fallback to TMDb.
  • Movies - Move exclude 'Rated' from Certificate to the Certification Priority.
  • Movies - Update IMDB scraper for future.
  • Movies - Addition of OMDB scrape RottenTomato data for future.
  • Movies - Fix Folder Renaming if Multiple movies in subfolder.
  • Movies - Fix some more Preferences.
  • Movies - Batch rescrape only empty main tags, processes only movies with empty main tags.
  • Movies - Fix outline from IMDB with 'See full summary'
  • Preferences - Fix Preference locate external browser button.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.640b x86 & MC 3.640b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-20

Upon locking artwork and rescraping items, the artwork still gets scraped over with new (fanart or poster). Any idea how to stop this, or is anyone else having this issue?
This happens if I just do Search or if I just do Refresh. If I have custom art, it vanishes. No matter what options I set. It's like it doesn't recognize my setting. I stopped using this a while ago due to this reason, and it hasn't stopped with the current update. Ideas? (I did notice that if I MANUALLY add artwork, it doesn't overwrite.)

---All custom NFOs also clear. This is also bad for items that I don't particularly want scanned but want to list.

How do I stop this from happening? I'd like to try using this scraper, but it doesn't keep anything custom.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-20, 05:44)McButton Wrote: Upon locking artwork and rescraping items, the artwork still gets scraped over with new (fanart or poster). Any idea how to stop this, or is anyone else having this issue?
This happens if I just do Search or if I just do Refresh. If I have custom art, it vanishes. No matter what options I set. It's like it doesn't recognize my setting. I stopped using this a while ago due to this reason, and it hasn't stopped with the current update. Ideas? (I did notice that if I MANUALLY add artwork, it doesn't overwrite.)

---All custom NFOs also clear. This is also bad for items that I don't particularly want scanned but want to list.

How do I stop this from happening? I'd like to try using this scraper, but it doesn't keep anything custom.

First, what do you mean by locking artwork? There is the option in Preferences -> Common tab, Don't overwrite existing artwork
If this option is selected and MC is still overwriting, replacing artwork, please let me know the steps you are doing so I can recreate and correct this.
In regards to custom art. Is this for Movies, TV series? Is the naming convention for the custom art correct for Kodi?

Custom NFO's. If the nfo is a valid Kodi nfo, then MC should load this correctly. If there is missing data, MC will re-write the nfo to ensure it is compatible.
If you have a Custom NFO I can look at, PM me a link for downloading of one or two, and let me know what is custom about it so I can ensure MC handles them correctly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - McButton - 2016-01-20

Locking artwork by using Preferences -> Common tab, Don't overwrite existing artworkI

I haven't messed with TV yet with MC. I have custom artwork and a few .nfo. With the lock, it still scrapes new info and adds new poster pics.
The NFOs should all be valid. Kodi found all of them 100% before using this scraper. So, no worries there.

Harry Potter (5) and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)-poster.jpg is in a new folder. I scrape add the folder, and the poster is wiped and set to the default imdb poster. If I then go and set the poster custom...even if I delete the folder and re-add it, my custom picture stays. It never stays after initial add. The (5) portion of my custom .NFO vanished and was re-written. I figured, maybe the errors were because of the odd naming... So...

I scraped Aliens (1986)-poster.jpg. Same result. If the NFO was written initially by MC (was using Ember), it will be overwritten entirely.

Just to test...I added my harry potter poster to 300...called it 300-poster.jpg and got this for initial add of folder...

Scraping Title: 300
Using IMDB : tt0416449
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
IMDb Actors scraped:- 90
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 43
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 25
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK
Artwork from Fanart.Tv bypassed as Movie is in Root Folder.
Artwork Downloaded requires Movies to be in separate folders.
Scraping Extra Fanart-Thumbs not selected

It still scraped over it.

**This wouldn't be a big deal normally...because I only have a dozen or so custom pics...but some fanart is set to not be nudity or bloody, and I can't risk a full rescrape of all art.

Was there a nfo for 300 already?

If not, then MC cleans all files and scrapes the movie as clean. This is so that the movie can be renamed if this is selected, and then the nfo is saved as the new name, and so is the artwork.

I'm not sure if I can add another option to not delete any artwork if it already exists. I'll will have to check.

But it is usual to set custom artwork after the movie has been scraped and named (if selected).

Yeah. Nfo for all my files. I was using Ember, but it's been buggy. I have 3 scrapers. .. but nothing fully reliable yet. It seems if I have a valid nfo that wasn't scraped in by MC, I get all new items.

I don't totally care about my odd naming. I have sets that do the job. I just don't want to have to completely scour my library for everything again.

My main worry is I get it all good. ..I have to scan my library in from another computer that doesn't have the cache, and it'll rescrape all the artwork again.

I'll test MC scrape...delete.. and see if the items stay on reload of a fres MC.
Thanks for all the work. These scrapers are a mess to keep up with.

(2016-01-20, 09:55)McButton Wrote: Yeah. Nfo for all my files. I was using Ember, but it's been buggy. I have 3 scrapers. .. but nothing fully reliable yet. It seems if I have a valid nfo that wasn't scraped in by MC, I get all new items.

I don't totally care about my odd naming. I have sets that do the job. I just don't want to have to completely scour my library for everything again.

My main worry is I get it all good. ..I have to scan my library in from another computer that doesn't have the cache, and it'll rescrape all the artwork again.

I'll test MC scrape...delete.. and see if the items stay on reload of a fres MC.
Thanks for all the work. These scrapers are a mess to keep up with.

Please PM me a link to download a Ember nfo. I'll see what can be done to make MC load these without trashing the other artwork etc.
In tne PM, can you list out a movie and its artwork, with the exact naming of the files.
Then I can attempt to recreate and correct MC.

Not sure what Ember is doing differently. I know I went to lengths to ensure Kodi exported nfo's were able to be read by Media Companion. If I can do the same for Ember created nfo's, thats sure to help other users of MC.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-01-20

Thanks for the new release!

1. The filter settings for actors and directors now can stick in alphabetical order. But those filters still only show actors starting with A and directors starting A thru J. Also Movie Set filter in alphabetical order shows something like "5 of unknown" for each item.

2. Missing Credits filter doesn't work properly. It won't filter to those movies, keep listing all movies. Refresh or restart doesn't help.

3. What does the "incomplete movie set info" filter do? I don't keep movie-set artwork and is that why the filter lists all my movie-set movies?

4. Thanks for adding more sort options to the movie navigation panel! Currently clicking on header only has the same effect as clicking on "Inverse Order" wherever you click. How about sorting the list by "Title & Year" if the user click on that header cell when the list is sorted by another column like rating or year?

5. What's your feedback on this?

(2016-01-19, 16:18)tars Wrote: There's a small but annoying issue with Fanart tab.
If you open the tab, it starts downloading fanart thumbs to the left pane. Then you select a picture, click on save button, and it starts downloading its full-size image. But sometimes it takes forever ending up with "Not Responding" message, and you have to kill the process and relaunch MC.
My guess is that for some reason MC doesn't work well if asked to download a full-size image while it's downloading other images (thumbs for left pane) because this issue never happens if I click on save button after all thumbs were downloaded (but often you have to wait very long to get all thumbs depending on the movie and connection state).
Could you look into the issue? And if my guess turns out to be the case, how about halting downloading fanart thumbs until the selected full-size image gets downloaded and saved?

Sent. It's odd. I've noticed this since the first time I tried MC years ago. It's not a HUUUGE deal...but I would think disabling overwrite would completely disable it rather than certain criteria.

Also, what is considered a non-compliant .nfo that will cause it to turn to .info?

UPDATE: Here's an important bit of info....
1) I start with a movie with poster & .nfo that I created. I add to library (which scans auto but doesn't add it in) and am then required to scan it in myself. This will overwrite my .nfo and grab a new poster.

2) I add my custom poster back in. IF I delete MC and Install again. I add my movie folder again...only I am not required to do anything after adding the folder. It will populate automatically in MC. If I try to scrape all again..the poster stays (since I have it set to do so).

It seems MC is looking for a .nfo that resembles one created by MC. If so, then it won't overwrite the movename-poster.jpg
**Side note: Ember reads the MC scrape just fine. Custom art as well.

TV SHOWS seem to pull in fine as well regardless of what program scraped the .nfo. Works perfect, actually. All my custom info is there and fine. Even on a rescan (I have my own shows added that aren't part of the internet) and not even an error. It finds the .nfo and moves on.

Lastly, still checking Home Videos. It's a cool option to be able to edit. I have mine stored as a tv show...like a few others I have...but this one just renames the .nfo to .info. Does the overwrite selector only affect Movies? I have it set to not change them. All my home vids look like Naught Amateur Home Videos now. Once I fix the .nfo, it looks ok. Doesn't grab all my individual .nfos though. Im sure it's something on my end.

Ive messed with and quit MC dozens of times. I think talking this out is making me want to just rescrape everything and use it. Thanks for all the work you've done.

Thanks for the PM, This will help in ensuring MC can read and load Ember created nfo's.

As for Artwork in Kodi, there is a preferred structure, Aladdin-poster.jpg, Aladdin-fanart.jpg, but if these are not present, then Kodi will check for poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, and will fall back further to Pre-Frodo format, Aladdin.tbn...

(2016-01-20, 17:14)McButton Wrote: Sent. It's odd. I've noticed this since the first time I tried MC years ago. It's not a HUUUGE deal...but I would think disabling overwrite would completely disable it rather than certain criteria.

Also, what is considered a non-compliant .nfo that will cause it to turn to .info?

UPDATE: Here's an important bit of info....
1) I start with a movie with poster & .nfo that I created. I add to library (which scans auto but doesn't add it in) and am then required to scan it in myself. This will overwrite my .nfo and grab a new poster.

Yep, as mentioned, the procedure in MC for Movies is if no nfo (or invalid nfo) to remove any extra files (artwork) and scrape the Movie as a clean entry. Hopefully once I fix MC to read Ember nfo, this won't happen anymore.

(2016-01-20, 17:14)McButton Wrote: 2) I add my custom poster back in. IF I delete MC and Install again. I add my movie folder again...only I am not required to do anything after adding the folder. It will populate automatically in MC. If I try to scrape all again..the poster stays (since I have it set to do so).

again, Nfo is valid, so movie data is found and shows in Media Companion.

(2016-01-20, 17:14)McButton Wrote: It seems MC is looking for a .nfo that resembles one created by MC. If so, then it won't overwrite the movename-poster.jpg
**Side note: Ember reads the MC scrape just fine. Custom art as well.

TV SHOWS seem to pull in fine as well regardless of what program scraped the .nfo. Works perfect, actually. All my custom info is there and fine. Even on a rescan (I have my own shows added that aren't part of the internet) and not even an error. It finds the .nfo and moves on.

Lastly, still checking Home Videos. It's a cool option to be able to edit. I have mine stored as a tv show...like a few others I have...but this one just renames the .nfo to .info. Does the overwrite selector only affect Movies? I have it set to not change them. All my home vids look like Naught Amateur Home Videos now. Once I fix the .nfo, it looks ok. Doesn't grab all my individual .nfos though. Im sure it's something on my end.

Ive messed with and quit MC dozens of times. I think talking this out is making me want to just rescrape everything and use it. Thanks for all the work you've done.

I have plans to incorporate a Custom TV Show addition to Media Companion, some of the base code is in place, but it needs a lot of polishing before I'm enabling this in MC.

Will keep you informed.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: Thanks for the new release!

1. The filter settings for actors and directors now can stick in alphabetical order. But those filters still only show actors starting with A and directors starting A thru J. Also Movie Set filter in alphabetical order shows something like "5 of unknown" for each item.

Hmmm, haven't noticed the limitation of actors. Might be a limitation of how many entries are allowed in a listbox. Will have a look.
Movie Set filters, there are some new filters here, and you may need to run the Movie Set Id Check from Toolbar Movies and afterwards do a Refresh to repopulate all the data required, for MC to know exactly how many movies should be in a Movie Set. Ie: Die Hard Collection should show (2 of 5) - if you have two of the movies belonging to Die Hard.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 2. Missing Credits filter doesn't work properly. It won't filter to those movies, keep listing all movies. Refresh or restart doesn't help.

As this is a new filter, you will need to do a Refresh to repopulate the MovieCache data. Then the Missing Credits Filter should function correctly.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 3. What does the "incomplete movie set info" filter do? I don't keep movie-set artwork and is that why the filter lists all my movie-set movies?

Not for artwork but will advise if you have incomplete Movie Sets. See example above on Die Hard Collection (2 of 5)

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 4. Thanks for adding more sort options to the movie navigation panel! Currently clicking on header only has the same effect as clicking on "Inverse Order" wherever you click. How about sorting the list by "Title & Year" if the user click on that header cell when the list is sorted by another column like rating or year?

Will have a look at this.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote: 5. What's your feedback on this?

I did spot your post on this. I have a few idea's with possible background threads, where MC will cancel or pause a background thread that may be downloading preview images.
But I felt it was time to get a new release of MC into the wild. Specially with so many fixes and new functions in place.

(2016-01-20, 11:29)tars Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 16:18)tars Wrote: There's a small but annoying issue with Fanart tab.

Great stuff!
Is it possible to disable .nfo to .info change for TV shows too? It seems to only work for movies.
Thanks much!

(2016-01-20, 19:53)McButton Wrote: Great stuff!
Is it possible to disable .nfo to .info change for TV shows too? It seems to only work for movies.
Thanks much!

We can't or I should say shouldn't disable renaming of invalid nfo to info, as some downloaded content come with a nfo that is not a XML file for Kodi or Media Companion.
If there are TV Show that this is happening to, then I'd like the info file so I can try and make MC compatible.