Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Chuck Bartowski - 2013-01-19

Sorry I meant season fanart my mistake

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 19:00)Chuck Bartowski Wrote: Sorry I meant season fanart my mistake

since im currently working on this program any way i will see what i can do Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - Toricred - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-15, 15:03)Dragen Wrote: When I tried to use "tv show selector"

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at Media_Companion.Form1.util_LanguageCheck()
at Media_Companion.Form1.ListBox3_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

----

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at Media_Companion.Form1.util_LanguageCheck()
at Media_Companion.Form1.ListBox3_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

after which it just shows a please wait window.

I'm having this problem as well using 3.5.2.1.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 00:00)fma965 Wrote: Ok so as promised here is the FRODO Test version obviously this isn't official, it also has issues like not being able to scrape all banner's and poster's automatically, it will only scrape posters. to scrape banners you need to right click each tv show and press get missing artwork. It only works with TV as i don't see the point in banners for films, season-00 season-01 etc are poster or banner not both (how would i name them for both?) few visual glitches are showing not sure why as they were then from before i started editing the code.

Features
NOT EDEN COMPATIBLE
FRODO ONLY!
Banner.jpg and Poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg (it's pointless having all 3 isn't it?)
More to come

While I love the new UI look, unfortunately your naming convention for Frodo isn't in place.

(2012-11-15, 01:23)ronie Wrote: tv shows:
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg

seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg

season-specials-poster.jpg
season-specials-banner.jpg
season-specials-fanart.jpg

episodes:
<episodename>-thumb.jpg

As you'll see, season-xx-poster.jpg or -banner.jpg is how to distinguish your ""season-00 season-01 etc are poster or banner not both (how would i name them for both?)

HueyHQ, added into General Preferences a setting for {i]Pre-Frodo[/i], Frodo onwards & Both. This will allow full backwards compatability for those on older systems, while allowing user's only on latest XBMC, to have only the new art-work convention.

I understand that you were initally making changes for yourself, but you've offered this to all users, where your UI coding would be great incorporated in Media Companion for all users to enjoy, and make MC a better program. Splintering off MC really isn't in the best interest of the program or the Dev's who have worked hard on getting MC running smooth.,

HueyHQ and AnotherPhil have been hard at work for Frodo support with Movies, while Jeanbraye has worked with Movie Layout.

Hope to see your UI in place with main-stream MC code.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 21:39)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-19, 00:00)fma965 Wrote: Ok so as promised here is the FRODO Test version obviously this isn't official, it also has issues like not being able to scrape all banner's and poster's automatically, it will only scrape posters. to scrape banners you need to right click each tv show and press get missing artwork. It only works with TV as i don't see the point in banners for films, season-00 season-01 etc are poster or banner not both (how would i name them for both?) few visual glitches are showing not sure why as they were then from before i started editing the code.

Features
NOT EDEN COMPATIBLE
FRODO ONLY!
Banner.jpg and Poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg (it's pointless having all 3 isn't it?)
More to come

While I love the new UI look, unfortunately your naming convention for Frodo isn't in place.

(2012-11-15, 01:23)ronie Wrote: tv shows:
poster.jpg
banner.jpg
fanart.jpg

seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg

episodes:
<episodename>-thumb.jpg

As you'll see, season-xx-poster.jpg or -banner.jpg is how to distinguish your ""season-00 season-01 etc are poster or banner not both (how would i name them for both?)

HueyHQ, added into General Preferences a setting for {i]Pre-Frodo[/i], Frodo onwards & Both. This will allow full backwards compatability for those on older systems, while allowing user's only on latest XBMC, to have only the new art-work convention.

I understand that you were initally making changes for yourself, but you've offered this to all users, where your UI coding would be great incorporated in Media Companion for all users to enjoy, and make MC a better program. Splintering off MC really isn't in the best interest of the program or the Dev's who have worked hard on getting MC running smooth.,

HueyHQ and AnotherPhil have been hard at work for Frodo support with Movies, while Jeanbraye has worked with Movie Layout.

Hope to see your UI in place with main-stream MC code.

i understand, im working on it Smile i got backwards compatibilty and frodo working with 1 smalll issue (lores download doesn't work however full resolution does) thanks for that list couldn't find it any where Smile

since i have a Raspberry pi i don't want
Quote:seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg
seasonxx-banner.jpg
seasonxx-fanart.jpg

season-all-poster.jpg
season-all-banner.jpg
season-all-fanart.jpg

so was not bothered about it, but now i will try and add it, new release without this coming in around 10 - 120mins,
preview image - http://puu.sh/1PLip

EDIT: ok this source code is so screwy Sad gonna take a rest for a few days Smile release when it's ready and if it ever becomes ready.

even though when i tested this earlier it was working for some reason now automatic banner.jpg scraping isn't working Sad http://puu.sh/1PNXC < download latest test version

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-20

i am still working on this, i have thought of a much better less code way to get this working, currently got season-all-banner.jpg working and poster.jpg and banner.jpg and will get the rest working soon Smile

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 23:47)fma965 Wrote: i am still working on this, i have thought of a much better less code way to get this working, currently got season-all-banner.jpg working and poster.jpg and banner.jpg and will get the rest working soon Smile

Keep up the good work. Will give it a test when you've got it ready.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-20, 23:47)fma965 Wrote: i am still working on this, i have thought of a much better less code way to get this working, currently got season-all-banner.jpg working and poster.jpg and banner.jpg and will get the rest working soon Smile
I'm just wondering how you are going to get this merged in to to codebase?
Do you have a fork? Or is it a local version you are working on?
My offer to help still stands.
I am going to hold off on further development until we get hold of your changes!
Oh, and are you a current developer on CodePlex MC? I can't match your handle at all!

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-20, 23:51)vbat99 Wrote:

thanks, im not the best coder but atleast im getting it done Smile , season-all-poster.jpg also working now. GUI changes not implemented but it does download the correct names etc, frodo and eden compatible ofcourse

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 00:00)fma965 Wrote:
(2013-01-20, 23:51)vbat99 Wrote:

thanks, im not the best coder but atleast im getting it done Smile , season-all-poster.jpg also working now. GUI changes not implemented but it does download the correct names etc, frodo and eden compatible ofcourse

Please see post above from HueyHQ regarding adding your UI changes to MC codebase.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-21

no idea how to use mercurial, never heard of it, why not SVN or GIT?
(2013-01-20, 23:59)HueyHq Wrote:
I'm just wondering how you are going to get this merged in to to codebase?
Do you have a fork? Or is it a local version you are working on?
My offer to help still stands.
I am going to hold off on further development until we get hold of your changes!
Oh, and are you a current developer on CodePlex MC? I can't match your handle at all!

I have no idea Big Grin i haven't forked it as i have no idea how to use mercurial nor ever heard of it. Sad
what were you developing? and how are you able to help me?
No idea although as of yesterday im a member on codeplex
don't get to excited its not amazing code just repeated and adding some if's etc Smile

just requested to join

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-21

Same here; I had never heard of Mercurial until I started with Media Companion! I find it quite easy to use compared to the other two but they're all just source control. The reason for using it? I guess 'cos that's what CodePlex uses!

I'm assuming we're all discussing Media Companion here! Wink And I can help you by taking your code and merging it into the Media Companion project, if you would like! The reason being is, merging UI components is a right pain in the arse!

And yes, I am excited, 'cos someone else is contributing!

Re: RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 01:20)HueyHq Wrote: Same here; I had never heard of Mercurial until I started with Media Companion! I find it quite easy to use compared to the other two but they're all just source control. The reason for using it? I guess 'cos that's what CodePlex uses!

I'm assuming we're all discussing Media Companion here! Wink And I can help you by taking your code and merging it into the Media Companion project, if you would like! The reason being is, merging UI components is a right pain in the arse!

And yes, I am excited, 'cos someone else is contributing!

Yeah I read about tortoisehg so that should make mercurial easier, doesn't code plex support git aswell? Not suggesting changing just asking.

So far nothing in the Ui has changed yet, I started again earlier today,

Most of the code is done but I have weird issue, if I scan missing artwork the first time it won't download the season-all-poster or banner even though debugging shows it runs through the code, but if I do the same action again it does grab the season-all-poster and banner.

Who is working on media companion currently?

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Yeah I read about tortoisehg so that should make mercurial easier, doesn't code plex support git aswell? Not suggesting changing just asking.
Not sure myself; never bothered to find out. The project was already ensconced in Mercurial so no point in changing. I use Git at work and altho' more powerful, I think I prefer Mercurial for this project. If Git could solve the UI merging problems we have, then I would be all for changing, providing we could convert the history.
(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Most of the code is done but I have weird issue, if I scan missing artwork the first time it won't download the season-all-poster or banner even though debugging shows it runs through the code, but if I do the same action again it does grab the season-all-poster and banner.
We've had this kinda thing before but I couldn't suggest a solution 'til I saw it myself. One of the other devs may know off the top of their head?
(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Who is working on media companion currently?
That would be me, you, anotherPhil is on holiday this week, and jeanbraye is around but I'm not sure if actively developing at the moment.

Re: RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-21

(2013-01-21, 02:49)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Yeah I read about tortoisehg so that should make mercurial easier, doesn't code plex support git aswell? Not suggesting changing just asking.
Not sure myself; never bothered to find out. The project was already ensconced in Mercurial so no point in changing. I use Git at work and altho' more powerful, I think I prefer Mercurial for this project. If Git could solve the UI merging problems we have, then I would be all for changing, providing we could convert the history.
(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Most of the code is done but I have weird issue, if I scan missing artwork the first time it won't download the season-all-poster or banner even though debugging shows it runs through the code, but if I do the same action again it does grab the season-all-poster and banner.
We've had this kinda thing before but I couldn't suggest a solution 'til I saw it myself. One of the other devs may know off the top of their head?
(2013-01-21, 02:37)fma965 Wrote: Who is working on media companion currently?
That would be me, you, anotherPhil is on holiday this week, and jeanbraye is around but I'm not sure if actively developing at the moment.

Hmm, so your saying that bug has happened before? Will take another look tomorrow since got plenty of time free currently, if I don't fix it then I skip it and finish the rest, adding frodo support isn't hard but it is time consuming.

So what plans are there for media companion?

Also what do you mean by ui merging issues?