Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-03-18

@marhutchy and others.

One slight change in which compression used in 7-Zip, and Avast is not throwing up virus warnings.

I Hope Avira remains calm now also.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-03-18

(2016-03-18, 00:02)vbat99 Wrote: @marhutchy and others.

One slight change in which compression used in 7-Zip, and Avast is not throwing up virus warnings.

I Hope Avira remains calm now also.

I had n problem downloading this time Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-02

(2016-02-01, 23:24)vbat99 Wrote:
Quote:And can you add "pause" & "resume" button for fanart & poster tab that would work while downloading previews? Some movies have an enormous number of fanart (try 9½ Weeks (1986)) and some movies take a lot longer possibly due to bad connection to pictures. I had to kill the process and google pictures. Thanks!

The loading of Fanart and Posters change is a temporary measure till I can get some time to put these into a background thread, and incorporate a cancel method.

Any progress on this? Still occasionally have to kill the process to stop the downloading thread and manually add an fanart image.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-02

Yes, I have put download of preview images into a background thread, and it populates the view as they come available.

And selecting a image then clicking save stops the background process.

It'll be available in the next release.

(2016-04-02, 08:57)vbat99 Wrote: Yes, I have put download of preview images into a background thread, and it populates the view as they come available.

And selecting a image then clicking save stops the background process.

It'll be available in the next release.

Thanks! But still it would be useful if there's button to force stop the downloading thread as some movies pops up "Not responding" error message even before downloading an image probably due to bad connection to the linked images. Then we could still use google search button and other features.

(2016-02-28, 02:54)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 12:44)marhutchy Wrote: Does the movie batch rescraper only rescrape the movies that are currently filtered?

Also, I keep getting this error during the batch rescrape.

Code:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.MovieSetInfo.Assign(MovieSetInfo from)
   at Media_Companion.ComboList.Assign(ComboList From)
   at Media_Companion.Movie.UpdateMovieCache()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.UpdateCaches()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BatchRescrape()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

And now I don't where I should start the rescrape. I guess I just have to rescrape everything again?

I do not believe it will only run over the filtered movies, but would need to check and test.

As for the error message. You may need to be a full refresh, then run Movie Set ID check.

Trying to get a new build up to counter the TMDB issue, so I don't have time to check the movieset section right now.

I keep getting the same error messages for various movie set movies when rescraping TMDB set names and movie set artwork.
Also movie set ID check command is checking only a half of my movie set collection.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-02

Those two error message are completely different.
1st one is where we are saving the nfo
2nd is way before, where we are assigning the movie to the internal Cache.

Which error are you getting? And post up the error message on https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced

As for Movie Set ID check, if the movie has a moviesetId, MC continues onto the next movie in a Set.
Give me names of movies affected, possibly even the movies nfo's (send by PM, or open a new issue on https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-02, 20:30)vbat99 Wrote: Those two error message are completely different.

Which error are you getting? And post up the error message on https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced

Getting the both when using Batch Rescraping Wizard for TMDB set names and movie set artwork. They're the same as those screenshots.

(2016-04-02, 20:30)vbat99 Wrote: As for Movie Set ID check, if the movie has a moviesetId, MC continues onto the next movie in a Set.
Give me names of movies affected, possibly even the movies nfo's (send by PM, or open a new issue on https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/list/advanced

I don't understand. The command shows only total number of movies it's checking, and the number is only a half of my movie set collection.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 08:56)tars Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 20:30)vbat99 Wrote: Those two error message are completely different.

Getting the both when using Batch Rescraping Wizard for TMDB set names and movie set artwork. They're the same as those screenshots.
I'll check into the batch rescraping section.

(2016-04-02, 20:30)vbat99 Wrote: As for Movie Set ID check, if the movie has a moviesetId, MC continues onto the next movie in a Set.

I don't understand. The command shows only total number of movies it's checking, and the number is only a half of my movie set collection.
Movie Set ID Check only lists those movies with no moviesetId. This is just the movies missing. No point in processing all sets if some have the ID number.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 10:06)vbat99 Wrote:

Movie Set ID Check only lists those movies with no moviesetId. This is just the movies missing. No point in processing all sets if some have the ID number.

I will never understand what that command and incomplete movie set info filter do. For some reason the filter lists about a half of my movie set collection, and the movie set ID check command seems to be checking only movie set movies not included in that filter. But all of my movie set collections have TMDB set names and set ID in their nfo files.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 12:21)tars Wrote: I will never understand what that command and incomplete movie set info filter do. For some reason the filter lists about a half of my movie set collection, and the movie set ID check command seems to be checking only movie set movies not included in that filter. But all of my movie set collections have TMDB set names and set ID in their nfo files.

Ya know, I had that Incomplete Movie Set working a couple of times, but not reliably.
It's still on my to do list to either sort, or remove.

Unfortunately, real life has been busier lately, and my time with Media Companion has been fleeting. But that will change when my Works busy period is over.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-04-04

No hurries. I won't touch them until you let us know they're fixed (or remove the filter).
Take care.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2016-04-06

Hate to trouble you, but I only just thought of this today: How difficult would it be to add an alternate scraper behind the scenes for times when TVdB might be down? I know that when it comes to show scraping, we're pretty much at the (very accurate) mercy of the show name as listed on TVdB (e.g. The Magicians (2015) instead of just The Magicians). Would adding fallback to say IMdB based on IMdB ID for episode title/plot be feasible? I mean, yeah, we could wait until the site comes back up, but I was just wondering for expediency. (translation: I'm impatient sometimes)

Also, I can't remember if this was addressed earlier, but what is the possibility of moving articles (An, The) to the end a la Movies? If too much a hasell or it's been addressed and my dumb ass just can't find it, then move along. Nothing to see...Rofl

Thanks Wink

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-04-06

(2016-04-06, 02:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hate to trouble you, but I only just thought of this today: How difficult would it be to add an alternate scraper behind the scenes for times when TVdB might be down? I know that when it comes to show scraping, we're pretty much at the (very accurate) mercy of the show name as listed on TVdB (e.g. The Magicians (2015) instead of just The Magicians). Would adding fallback to say IMdB based on IMdB ID for episode title/plot be feasible? I mean, yeah, we could wait until the site comes back up, but I was just wondering for expediency. (translation: I'm impatient sometimes)

Also, I can't remember if this was addressed earlier, but what is the possibility of moving articles (An, The) to the end a la Movies? If too much a hassel or it's been addressed and my dumb ass just can't find it, then move along. Nothing to see...Rofl

Thanks Wink

It has been requested to also use TMDb for TV Series and Episodes, but I haven't looked any further into it.
IMDB is a No Go. Disabled and then removed couple of years ago as it was getting too complex to successfully scrape Series and Episode data.

For ignored articles, there are a couple of options.
1. Visual move ignored articles are in General Preferences -> Common Settings tab.
2. Movie renaming, look in Movie Preferences - General Tab.

Cheers.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-04-06

(2016-04-06, 06:45)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 02:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hate to trouble you, but I only just thought of this today: How difficult would it be to add an alternate scraper behind the scenes for times when TVdB might be down? I know that when it comes to show scraping, we're pretty much at the (very accurate) mercy of the show name as listed on TVdB (e.g. The Magicians (2015) instead of just The Magicians). Would adding fallback to say IMdB based on IMdB ID for episode title/plot be feasible? I mean, yeah, we could wait until the site comes back up, but I was just wondering for expediency. (translation: I'm impatient sometimes)

Also, I can't remember if this was addressed earlier, but what is the possibility of moving articles (An, The) to the end a la Movies? If too much a hassel or it's been addressed and my dumb ass just can't find it, then move along. Nothing to see...Rofl

Thanks Wink

It has been requested to also use TMDb for TV Series and Episodes, but I haven't looked any further into it.
IMDB is a No Go. Disabled and then removed couple of years ago as it was getting too complex to successfully scrape Series and Episode data.

For ignored articles, there are a couple of options.
1. Visual move ignored articles are in General Preferences -> Common Settings tab.
2. Movie renaming, look in Movie Preferences - General Tab.

Cheers.

Hate to butt in, but, I think maybe Ronnie was asking about renaming TV series with the articles at the end. If not the case, tell me to go away. Tongue