Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-09, 11:47)tstaddon Wrote: Hi

This is a great tool, but I have a couple of questions.

1. I have a NAS with a manual folder structure - the NFO and art scrape fine but the set assignments are rather annoying. Is there a way to get it to treat the parent folder as a new collection if there are lots of films in that folder, e.g. Mycustomset\Film1\Film1.nfo, Mycustomset\Film2\Film2.nfo

Unfortunately not. I suspect your asking to create a new set (eg Mycustomset as a set/collection) if there is more than one sub-folder with a movie, in the parent folder.

Quote:2. Can it rename the .nfo to match the film name? (I'm not sure if this is at all important, but I like to keep things tidy).
Thanks

By default, Media Companion required the nfo to be the same as the movie filename, unless you have the option to save as Basic Save Mode
ie: movie.nfo, movie.tbn, fanart.jpg

Now, if you have the nfo's as movie.nfo etc, disabling Basic Save Mode, and renaming just the movie, will change the movie.nfo and movie.tbn to the filename of the movie.
ie: Basic Save files
Code:
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\Brave (2012).mkv
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\movie.nfo
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\movie.tbn
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\fanart.jpg

Renaming after disabling Basic Save Mode
Code:
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\Brave (2012).mkv
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\Brave (2012).nfo
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\Brave (2012).tbn
z:\MovieTemp\Brave (2012)\fanart.jpg

I hope this is of help.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-14

New Release.

Media Companion 3.653b
Couple of new features and user requests, plus fixes in Tv section.

New:
  • TV - Addition of Votes from TVDb for episodes. Users can Batch Rescrape episodes, selecting Rating, which will update Rating and Votes.
  • TV - add option to get Episode Rating & Votes from IMDB.

Fixed:
  • TV - Rescrape Episode Media tags improve and catch errors better.
  • TV - After Save on TV Folder Tab, return to Main TV Browser tab.
  • Tv - Switch back to non-proto loading of tvshow.nfo.
  • TV - Save multiple genres as separate entries in tvshow.nfo.
  • Movie - Add to genre "Tv Movie" if IMDb list move also TV Movie.
  • Movie - Catch and log error downloading actor image instead of opening a messagebox.
  • MC - Fix Aspect Ratio where returned value has cultural decimal character.
  • MC - Simplify Statusstrip display.
  • MC - creating m3u message now displayed on status bar.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.653b x86 & MC 3.653b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 06:58)vbat99 Wrote: [*] Movie - Add to genre "Tv Movie" if IMDb list move also TV Movie.

Thanks for adding this!
Can you make it write "TV Movie" instead of "Tv Movie"? If you can't, I guess I have to edit NFOs manually after scraping.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-14

Hey, Rob. Had to go back to 52b. Too many problems for me with the new version. On the TV side, actors are not displayed. When scanning TV shows, locks up when it comes across a new show with an empty folder. This is the error:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Media_Companion.TvShow'.
at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_ShowLoad(TvShow Show)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TvTreeview_AfterSelect_Do()

Since I couldn't get past this, can't give much more feedback. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 11:37)tars Wrote:
(2016-06-14, 06:58)vbat99 Wrote: [*] Movie - Add to genre "Tv Movie" if IMDb list move also TV Movie.

Thanks for adding this!
Can you make it write "TV Movie" instead of "Tv Movie"? If you can't, I guess I have to edit NFOs manually after scraping.

Yes, I can make that TV Movie

(2016-06-14, 18:03)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Had to go back to 52b. Too many problems for me with the new version. On the TV side, actors are not displayed. When scanning TV shows, locks up when it comes across a new show with an empty folder. This is the error:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Media_Companion.TvShow'.

Interesting. I also had tv actors not displaying for one series, hunted for the cause, but it corrected itself. Couldn't trace the issue after that.
I'll try and reproduce so I get it sorted. Probably due to changes in how MC now reads the tvshow.nfo and adds it to the cache.

In what way scanning TV Shows? searching for new episodes? or checking for new TV Series?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-14

(2016-06-14, 20:20)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-14, 18:03)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Had to go back to 52b. Too many problems for me with the new version. On the TV side, actors are not displayed. When scanning TV shows, locks up when it comes across a new show with an empty folder. This is the error:

Interesting. I also had tv actors not displaying for one series, hunted for the cause, but it corrected itself. Couldn't trace the issue after that.
I'll try and reproduce so I get it sorted. Probably due to changes in how MC now reads the tvshow.nfo and adds it to the cache.

In what way scanning TV Shows? searching for new episodes? or checking for new TV Series?

I can add the folder for a new show. If I highlight that show or search new, I get the error. Forgot to add that some shows are fine, some are not. Some of the no goes: APB, American Gods, Blacklist: Redemption.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-15

(2016-06-14, 20:48)bobrap Wrote: I can add the folder for a new show. If I highlight that show or search new, I get the error. Forgot to add that some shows are fine, some are not. Some of the no goes: APB, American Gods, Blacklist: Redemption.

Fix in place for both Series actors and also for error after scrape.
Found the error was caused if the series did not have a Premier date, and Mc was trying to extract the series Year value.

Hope to do a new release later today.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-15

(2016-06-15, 01:23)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-14, 20:48)bobrap Wrote: I can add the folder for a new show. If I highlight that show or search new, I get the error. Forgot to add that some shows are fine, some are not. Some of the no goes: APB, American Gods, Blacklist: Redemption.

Fix in place for both Series actors and also for error after scrape.
Found the error was caused if the series did not have a Premier date, and Mc was trying to extract the series Year value.

Hope to do a new release later today.

Great, thanks. Thought that would be the scrapeing problem.

Up for a couple of requests?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-15

New Release.

Media Companion 3.654b
Quick update release with important fixes
  • TV - Fix for Series with no premier date
  • TV - Fixed Display of Series actor images.
  • Movie - Change genre Tv Movie to TV Movie

Couple of new features and user requests, plus fixes in Tv section.

New:
  • TV - Addition of Votes from TVDb for episodes. Users can Batch Rescrape episodes, selecting Rating, which will update Rating and Votes.
  • TV - add option to get Episode Rating & Votes from IMDB.

Fixed:
  • TV - Rescrape Episode Media tags improve and catch errors better.
  • TV - After Save on TV Folder Tab, return to Main TV Browser tab.
  • Tv - Switch back to non-proto loading of tvshow.nfo.
  • TV - Save multiple genres as separate entries in tvshow.nfo.
  • Movie - Add to genre "Tv Movie" if IMDb list move also TV Movie.
  • Movie - Catch and log error downloading actor image instead of opening a messagebox.
  • MC - Fix Aspect Ratio where returned value has cultural decimal character.
  • MC - Simplify Statusstrip display.
  • MC - creating m3u message now displayed on status bar.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.654b x86 & MC 3.654b x64

Revision History

(2016-06-15, 01:46)bobrap Wrote: Great, thanks. Thought that would be the scrapeing problem.

Up for a couple of requests?

um, maybe? What you have in mind?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-06-15

About everything is in the tv section. Would like to be able select multiple shows and seasons to mark as watched/unmatched. Same with root folders...would like to be able to select more than one. I think I asked awhile ago about being able to select the number of genres, like in movies. I think you said that was a no go. That's about all. These are wish list kind of things. Thanks.

Multi selecting in the Treeview is not possible. Tried a hack to get this working, but it failed miserably as it wasn't kosher code.

As for number of Genre's, you'd like to set the maximum genre's for tv series?

I never found the need for more than two genres for tv or movies.

Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-15

Well I can either set the limit the same as for movies or a new option for TV only.

Suppose a new option for TV only might be best.