Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-22

(2016-06-15, 21:37)bobrap Wrote: I just can't leave things as they are. Always moving...etc. If not too much work, yes, I'd love to see both lists work with multi-select. Thanks.

Any thoughts on the sets thing?

Further on the Multi-select for the checked root folder lists....Sorry, can't be done as it is right now. I'd have to sacrifice the checked function to allow multiselect of Root Movie or Root TV Folders.

The good news: In regards to 2 of unknown (etc) in regards to Movie sets, in the next release, selecting Movie Set Id Check will populate all movies belonging to sets that are in Media Companion, and then it will update the Sets filter.

If you still see some movies sets that have X of unknown, please let me know what these sets are.
In my testing, only movies that are allocated to Sets, and the Sets don't exist or don't exist anymore on TMDb showed and X of unknown.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Romek_original - 2016-06-22

(2016-06-20, 20:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 15:06)Romek_original Wrote: when i right click on a movie and choose rescrape all than it deletes all genres when i have genre number: none.

Um, hate to say it, but MC is working correctly then. Your asking MC to rescrape all data, and not to save any Genre's.

You need to use the Batch Rescrape Wizard, and select which fields you want rescraped. ie: make sure you do not select Genre to be rescraped.

As for custom genre's, MC has no way of knowing if these are custom or scraped from TMDb/IMDb, and won't know which ones to keep, and which to discard.

1. i am a noob at media companion, so sorry for asking: Where i can find this "Batch Rescrape Wizard"? When i right click a movie i have only the options "Scrape All" and "Rescrape Specific". In the Specific Tab i can choose only 1 thing and this gets scraped.

2. would it be possible to add an option for "ignore first genre" for overwriting? Custom Genres i wrote always as the first genre to a movie.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-22

(2016-06-22, 09:15)Romek_original Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 20:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-20, 15:06)Romek_original Wrote: when i right click on a movie and choose rescrape all than it deletes all genres when i have genre number: none.

Um, hate to say it, but MC is working correctly then. Your asking MC to rescrape all data, and not to save any Genre's.

You need to use the Batch Rescrape Wizard, and select which fields you want rescraped. ie: make sure you do not select Genre to be rescraped.

As for custom genre's, MC has no way of knowing if these are custom or scraped from TMDb/IMDb, and won't know which ones to keep, and which to discard.

1. i am a noob at media companion, so sorry for asking: Where i can find this "Batch Rescrape Wizard"? When i right click a movie i have only the options "Scrape All" and "Rescrape Specific". In the Specific Tab i can choose only 1 thing and this gets scraped.

2. would it be possible to add an option for "ignore first genre" for overwriting? Custom Genres i wrote always as the first genre to a movie.

The Movie Batch rescrape wizard is under the Movie Tool heading.
If in doubt, check out Media Companion documentation. https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/documentation
Specifically, https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MovToolbar&referringTitle=Movies

As for an option to keep first genre, that would be complex to arrange.
I suspect you may find it better to use the Tags instead of Genre's if your trying to group movies of a type together.
See https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=TagSets&referringTitle=Movies

In Kodi, you can also filter by Tags, as well as Genre
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-24

New Release.

Media Companion 3.655b

Mainly Bug fixes

New:
  • TV - New option to limit quantity of genre's scraped for TV Series.
Fixed:
  • TV - Fix MC TVDb getting episodes in DVD sort order, and rescrape correct thumbnail if in DVD sort order.
  • TV - Fix tvshow selector using XBMC TVDb scraper and getting actors and their images.
  • Movie - Better catching if sites are not available for Movie Alt artwork selectors.
  • mc_com - Fix export by date added, correctly invert order.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.655b x86 & MC 3.655b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-06-25

Ok, so a few things after playing with this for a few days:

1. Thank you again for this awesome software! I'll admit the layout of this manager is a little bit daunting at first with all of the tabs, but it has grown on me and I quite like it!!

2. Creating custom "tools" is by far the coolest addition to a media manager and I friggin LOVE IT! Any possibility that you can implement tools via cmd line (i.e. mc_com.exe -tools "toolnamehere")?? This would be awesome!

3. I have the following options enabled: Preferences->General & Common->General Artwork: Frodo & onwards
Preferences->Movies->Scraper->Basic Save Mode

The first option I would assume it disables all .tbn files based off what the tip says (all artwork will be saved as .jpg and not .tbn), but if I enable basic save mode it still saves a movie.tbn file. Should this be working this way? I see in basic save mode that it specifically states it will save a .tbn file, but again with the first option enablled, shouldn't it prevent it from creating that file? I know that if I disable basic save mode, it will not create that file, but then my nfo, poster and fanart (IIRC) will be named <filename>-poster which I don't like. Not that big a deal as I have custom bat files to go through and rename/delete what I don't like(Thank you custom tools!!!)

4. It would be great to disable scanning of certain filetypes/names or sizes. You already have the exclude folders which is perfect for my "Extras" folder. I see that you have an exclude rar files and of a certain size, but assume that if I need anything excluded it would have to be in an rar file. It would be great if we could choose to exclude ANY and ALL files up to a certain size. My problem is that I renamed all of my trailer files to theme.ext. This allows the add on tvtunes to automatically play the trailer after X amount of seconds. This is really great for those who have limited buttons on their remotes or dealing with some less than savvy end users. Obviously Media companion sees these files and tries to scrape em. It would be great to hide based off of size or by name(since all trailers are just named theme).

Overall, I'm very pleased with your program. Like I said earlier, the tabs were a little off setting at first, but it grew on me and I really like it. Well done!

*EDIT* 5. Another great thing would be to integrate trakt or some other site to sync watched status.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-25, 17:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Ok, so a few things after playing with this for a few days:

1. Thank you again for this awesome software! I'll admit the layout of this manager is a little bit daunting at first with all of the tabs, but it has grown on me and I quite like it!!

2. Creating custom "tools" is by far the coolest addition to a media manager and I friggin LOVE IT! Any possibility that you can implement tools via cmd line (i.e. mc_com.exe -tools "toolnamehere")?? This would be awesome!

3. I have the following options enabled: Preferences->General & Common->General Artwork: Frodo & onwards
Preferences->Movies->Scraper->Basic Save Mode

The first option I would assume it disables all .tbn files based off what the tip says (all artwork will be saved as .jpg and not .tbn), but if I enable basic save mode it still saves a movie.tbn file. Should this be working this way? I see in basic save mode that it specifically states it will save a .tbn file, but again with the first option enablled, shouldn't it prevent it from creating that file? I know that if I disable basic save mode, it will not create that file, but then my nfo, poster and fanart (IIRC) will be named <filename>-poster which I don't like. Not that big a deal as I have custom bat files to go through and rename/delete what I don't like(Thank you custom tools!!!)

4. It would be great to disable scanning of certain filetypes/names or sizes. You already have the exclude folders which is perfect for my "Extras" folder. I see that you have an exclude rar files and of a certain size, but assume that if I need anything excluded it would have to be in an rar file. It would be great if we could choose to exclude ANY and ALL files up to a certain size. My problem is that I renamed all of my trailer files to theme.ext. This allows the add on tvtunes to automatically play the trailer after X amount of seconds. This is really great for those who have limited buttons on their remotes or dealing with some less than savvy end users. Obviously Media companion sees these files and tries to scrape em. It would be great to hide based off of size or by name(since all trailers are just named theme).

Overall, I'm very pleased with your program. Like I said earlier, the tabs were a little off setting at first, but it grew on me and I really like it. Well done!

*EDIT* 5. Another great thing would be to integrate trakt or some other site to sync watched status.

Hi @Fail$tyle420

Love the feedback and am glad your enjoying Media Companion.

No.2 - tools from Command-line. Not really seeing any benefit in having mc_com call other batch files. It would be easier to have a batch file call mc_com, and then call your other tool.
Can you give me an example of a tool file your using in Media Companion?

No.3 OK, the Basic Save Mode was pretty much the first method of saving nfo and artwork filenames, and I would have guess is rarely used anymore.
It has never been upgraded to Frodo & Onwards, but I can investigate and update this naming method.

No.4 MediaCompanion scans for known media extensions, no matter what filesize they are.
But, there are some filenames that are automatically excluded from being a Movie.
<moviename>-trailer.extn as one. So -trailer at the end of a movie name is identified as the Trailer for said movie.
It is very possible for me to add -theme.extn to the list and get Media Companion to also identify this as a Trailer.

In regards to ignoring other filetypes or sizes, I feel Media Companion does enough to exclude specific folders.

Lastly, No.5 This would be a feature request that very possibly many users would appreciate.
I will also investigate now to incorporate this into Media Companion. I do have to advise that there may be some time before this does get integrated, as there are currently two dev's for Media Companion.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-06-26

Is it possible to AUTOMATICALLY create a "Tag" based on the resolution?

So if the movie has a resolution of 1080p the tag is automatically created.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-26, 06:49)artistwantab Wrote: Is it possible to AUTOMATICALLY create a "Tag" based on the resolution?

So if the movie has a resolution of 1080p the tag is automatically created.

No, not able to do this automatically in Media Companion.
Best to do this afterwards.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - artistwantab - 2016-06-26

I see.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am trying find a way to show the resolution of the movie on the main browser page.

I have the resolution on the file name and folder and I can always look in the <path> but the length is often too long to see it easily.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Fail$tyle420 - 2016-06-26

(2016-06-26, 06:14)vbat99 Wrote: Hi @Fail$tyle420

Love the feedback and am glad your enjoying Media Companion.

No.2 - tools from Command-line. Not really seeing any benefit in having mc_com call other batch files. It would be easier to have a batch file call mc_com, and then call your other tool.
Can you give me an example of a tool file your using in Media Companion?

No.3 OK, the Basic Save Mode was pretty much the first method of saving nfo and artwork filenames, and I would have guess is rarely used anymore.
It has never been upgraded to Frodo & Onwards, but I can investigate and update this naming method.

No.4 MediaCompanion scans for known media extensions, no matter what filesize they are.
But, there are some filenames that are automatically excluded from being a Movie.
<moviename>-trailer.extn as one. So -trailer at the end of a movie name is identified as the Trailer for said movie.
It is very possible for me to add -theme.extn to the list and get Media Companion to also identify this as a Trailer.

In regards to ignoring other filetypes or sizes, I feel Media Companion does enough to exclude specific folders.

Lastly, No.5 This would be a feature request that very possibly many users would appreciate.
I will also investigate now to incorporate this into Media Companion. I do have to advise that there may be some time before this does get integrated, as there are currently two dev's for Media Companion.

2. Ok, that makes sense actually. Let's leave it at that. The reason I was wanting to call tools had to do with the Basic Save Mode option saving movie.tbn. Basically, scrape the movie, then run my bat to delete all movie.tbn files. Again, your way makes sense and I can work with that! No reason to mess with it!

3. It's not super important by any means, I was really just wanting to confirm if this was the way it was supposed to behave. With my bat files it's really not a big deal.

4. Is there a list that we can look/edit locally or is it hardcoded? I really honestly believe that I am the ONLY damn person who does "theme" for trailers, so if it's too much of a bother I wouldn't mess with it. If you can, "theme.extn" without the hyphen at the beginning would be perfect! That's really the ONLY thing I need excluded and agree that you do well enough on excluding specific folders already.

5. Oh of course! Trust me, I won't be like most of these users who are gonna nag every other day till it happens!

Thanks for taking the time to reply and consider what I've said. Again, amazing software, thank you guys for your hard work! Is there a donate link on your codeplex page?

*EDIT* Found the donate link, once I get back from outta town I'm gonna send you a couple beers brothers!

Fresh day for me, so will be looking into these soon.

The items that are automatically excluded are hard-coded into Media Companion.
These include 'Recycle Bin', 'System Volume Information' just to name a few.

The reason we use a Hyphen - before the trailer.extn is to definitively separate from a Movies title and the word trailer.
I see the addon does support this
Quote: Practical scenario of how themes are picked up by TvTunes
Regardless of how they are named and the file structure you have selected to use in TvTunes (Video folder, Themes folder or Custom path), TvTunes will play all audio files, which extensions are supported by TvTunes, as long as they include the string "theme" in their names. There is an additional feature provided only by the "Themes" folder, which allow you to even ignore the string "theme" in the names.
For example, all the following audio files will be played by TvTunes as themes for Maleficient (2014) regardless of the TvTunes' file system chosen:

Maleficent (2014) 1080p BRRip H264 AAC-theme.ext
Theme - Meleficient Suite.ext
The Curse Won't Reverse theme.ext
Arthemesia.ext (this will play too ;-))
Theme.ext, theme1.ext, theme2.ext, theme3.ext, etc.

And if the themes are within the Themes folder, the following will also be played:

Would it be possible for you to test this as -theme.extn?

I only ask as this would allow less confusion (easier programming) in Media Companion.

(2016-06-26, 08:17)artistwantab Wrote: I see.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am trying find a way to show the resolution of the movie on the main browser page.

I have the resolution on the file name and folder and I can always look in the <path> but the length is often too long to see it easily.

hi @artistwantab

Yes, I understand.

I had thought Kodi could have filtered by resolution also, but it doesn't.
And I believe I know why.
Unless the media details are obtained from an nfo, Kodi doesn't get any media details till the video is played for the first time.

Let me think on this, I may be able to add an option in Media Companion to save 1080p, 720p to the first tag.
What entry for standard def? SD? any other values?

The only other value I used to add was "Foreign"...

Since then I have simply created an "action" in photoshop to add the word Foreign at the bottom of the Poster Art. Then is just a matter of putting the foreign films in another folder.

BTW...I don't use KODI.

In all honesty, your software does everything I could want to keep my library.

Kodi has a nice bells and whistles but I don't worry about that.

BTW...I notice that SOMETIMES is does show the language and/or resolution in front of the fanart but is doesn't seem to be consistent. Not sure why.

(2016-06-26, 20:57)artistwantab Wrote: The only other value I used to add was "Foreign"...

Since then I have simply created an "action" in photoshop to add the word Foreign at the bottom of the Poster Art. Then is just a matter of putting the foreign films in another folder.

BTW...I don't use KODI.

In all honesty, your software does everything I could want to keep my library.

Kodi has a nice bells and whistles but I don't worry about that.

I am not sure how MC can figure out if the movie is "Foreign", and will pass on that.

I'll see about 1080P, 720P and SD to be added to tag field.

(2016-06-26, 21:21)artistwantab Wrote: BTW...I notice that SOMETIMES is does show the language and/or resolution in front of the fanart but is doesn't seem to be consistent. Not sure why.

This is interesting. If you come across any movie that does not show Resolution, please open the corresponding nfo and Copy and paste into a message. Wrap it in a [code] section.

As for language, that is going to depend on if the language is coded into the media stream details.
I've seen MP4's that have 'eng', or 'deu' etc, against an audio track, and plenty that don't.
Personally if I have to transcode anything to mkv, I always set the language type. (I rarely have any mp4 or avi files.)