Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-16

(2016-07-15, 07:08)tars Wrote: Can you support exporting votes tag? Tried "<<votes>>", but it's not working.

Votes for Movies or TV Episodes?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - tars - 2016-07-16

(2016-07-16, 04:57)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-07-15, 07:08)tars Wrote: Can you support exporting votes tag? Tried "<<votes>>", but it's not working.

Votes for Movies or TV Episodes?

That's OK. I don't need it any more.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2016-07-16

Hi vbat, a tiny bug and a small request:
  • Please make the OriginalTitle field in the nfo properly capitalised, just like the Title field (right now it's just the first word and not all the other words)
  • Please add the OriginalTitle field into the UI so that it may be specified (I understand that it's tricky to scrape it properly as it will depend on the user's language preferences, so I wouldn't worry about that, just have it be the same as Title and then the user can change it themselves)
Usecase: I like to watch a lot of foreign movies. So for example with French movies, I would like the OriginalTitle to be the French one, whereas Title is then the English translation.
The proper long solution would be to have the user specify in the preferences what their preferred title language is, and then scrape from IMDB that language name if it exists (available in the Also Known As section), and set that as the "Title". The OriginalTitle should always be the native name of the movie.

Thanks.
And your continued work on this great software is much appreciated! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-16

(2016-07-16, 05:59)echo Wrote: Hi vbat, a tiny bug and a small request:
  • Please make the OriginalTitle field in the nfo properly capitalised, just like the Title field (right now it's just the first word and not all the other words)
  • Please add the OriginalTitle field into the UI so that it may be specified (I understand that it's tricky to scrape it properly as it will depend on the user's language preferences, so I wouldn't worry about that, just have it be the same as Title and then the user can change it themselves)
Usecase: I like to watch a lot of foreign movies. So for example with French movies, I would like the OriginalTitle to be the French one, whereas Title is then the English translation.
The proper long solution would be to have the user specify in the preferences what their preferred title language is, and then scrape from IMDB that language name if it exists (available in the Also Known As section), and set that as the "Title". The OriginalTitle should always be the native name of the movie.

Thanks.
And your continued work on this great software is much appreciated! Smile

If you have selected to scrape AKA's, or ensure option Exclude adding Alternative Titles to nfo is unticked, then Title in Movie Browser panel should have a drop down where you can select the Title if there are alternatives.
OriginalTitle should be the Original Title of the Movie when it was release.
For example, The release of the 5th installment of Fast and Furious was Fast Five. This is the Original Title.
But in UK it was Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist.

So Original Title is and should not be changeable. Title can be changed, to preferred language or to preferred title.
I know that Title (from TMDb) will scrape in the selected language. IMDb, that's not possible, as IMDb geo-locates the user and selects the language to suit your IP's country.

In checked all of the above, I have not come across anytime where the Original Title was not in Title Case format.

You can check Title, Original Title and more, by right-clicking a movie, and selecting Edit Movie (Alternative).

Oh, and there is the option in Movie Preferences -> General tab
Title Case Title and Sort Title which might also influence the Original Title casing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - echo - 2016-07-16

(2016-07-16, 10:45)vbat99 Wrote: Oh, and there is the option in Movie Preferences -> General tab
Title Case Title and Sort Title which might also influence the Original Title casing.

Thanks! Yep, it works great -it didnt occur to me to check the preferences option (I've been using MC for so long, I though I knew all the functionality Tongue)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-07-17

Hey vbat99... it's been a while...

How do I use rescrape wizard on a show to get the votes for each episode?
Where is the source for the series's rating? I'm guessing it's TVDB, because IMDb has Avatar: The Last Airbender with a 9.2 rating, but in MC the rating is 9.0.

EDIT 1: I did a batch rescrape and selected rating for both episode and series. The series's rating remained the same, but the episodes' ratings changed, and the votes were inserted. However, 2 episodes in season 1 only partially changed.
The King of Omashu - 7.6 - 29
Imprisoned - 7.4 - 30

The ratings and votes does not reflect the ones on IMDb like the other episodes' do.

EDIT 2: Nevermind about the series rating. I just remember that only the episode ratings are from IMDb. Still those 2 episodes of Avatar aren't changing.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-17

(2016-07-17, 00:40)marhutchy Wrote: Hey vbat99... it's been a while...

Where is the source for the series's rating? I'm guessing it's TVDB, because IMDb has Avatar: The Last Airbender with a 9.2 rating, but in MC the rating is 9.0.

EDIT 1: I did a batch rescrape and selected rating for both episode and series. The series's rating remained the same, but the episodes' ratings changed, and the votes were inserted. However, 2 episodes in season 1 only partially changed.
Imprisoned - 7.4 - 30

The ratings and votes does not reflect the ones on IMDb like the other episodes' do.

EDIT 2: Nevermind about the series rating. I just remember that only the episode ratings are from IMDb. Still those 2 episodes of Avatar aren't changing.

Currently it was only the Episodes rating and votes that were set to rescrape from IMDB. I could probably get Series rating option added. Let me know

As for the two episodes above, that was due to these two episodes not having an IMDB Id allocated.
I've just requested for these two to have IMDB Id's (series was locked), and the team at TVDb quickly corrected the issue.

Expect an update to the series xml in the next 2 to 3 hours.
BTW, you may need to clear out your seriesxml folder so the updated data is retrieved.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-07-17

(2016-07-17, 12:03)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 00:40)marhutchy Wrote: Hey vbat99... it's been a while...

Imprisoned - 7.4 - 30

Currently it was only the Episodes rating and votes that were set to rescrape from IMDB. I could probably get Series rating option added. Let me know

As for the two episodes above, that was due to these two episodes not having an IMDB Id allocated.
I've just requested for these two to have IMDB Id's (series was locked), and the team at TVDb quickly corrected the issue.

Expect an update to the series xml in the next 2 to 3 hours.
BTW, you may need to clear out your seriesxml folder so the updated data is retrieved.

It works now. Thanks a lot! It was driving me nuts Big Grin

It would be great if retrieving rating for series was added.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-21

(2016-06-26, 21:21)artistwantab Wrote: It works now. Thanks a lot! It was driving me nuts Big Grin

Next release, option to get Episode rating and Votes from IMDb is now Series and Episodes from IMDb.
Also display of Series votes on Tv Browser tab.

Cheers

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-07-23

(2016-07-21, 03:13)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-06-26, 21:21)artistwantab Wrote: It works now. Thanks a lot! It was driving me nuts Big Grin

Next release, option to get Episode rating and Votes from IMDb is now Series and Episodes from IMDb.
Also display of Series votes on Tv Browser tab.

Cheers

Definitely looking forward to it!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-07-23

Request:
If I scrape movies using IMDb I am giving the option to download aspect ratio from IMDb, but if I use TMDB this option is not available.

Would it be possible to include download aspect ratio from IMDb in the "scrape the following from IMDb" section? If it doesn't fit in that section, anywhere else would work

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-07-24

Central Actor Folder question:

I have set up the central folder in my C drive using windows 7, I use the same path for XBMC folder in this path appears in movie NFO file.

The movies show up in Kodi with posters and fanart, but the actor photos do not show up. Is there something I need to change in Kodi's settings to make it work?

ActorThums is the name of the folder, and below is what the NFO file has:

<actor>
<id>514</id>
<name>Jack Nicholson</name>
<role>Col. Nathan R. Jessep</role>
<thumb>C:\ActorThumbs\J\Jack_Nicholson_514.jpg</thumb>
<order>1</order>
</actor>
<actor>
<id>3416</id>
<name>Demi Moore</name>
<role>Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway</role>
<thumb>C:\ActorThumbs\D\Demi_Moore_3416.jpg</thumb>
<order>2</order>
</actor>

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-24

(2016-07-23, 04:28)Edworld Wrote: Request:
If I scrape movies using IMDb I am giving the option to download aspect ratio from IMDb, but if I use TMDB this option is not available.

Would it be possible to include download aspect ratio from IMDb in the "scrape the following from IMDb" section? If it doesn't fit in that section, anywhere else would work

Thanks

Yes, I can add this to TMDB section. Should be able to make the next release early this coming week.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-07-24

(2016-07-24, 03:25)Edworld Wrote: Central Actor Folder question:

I have set up the central folder in my C drive using windows 7, I use the same path for XBMC folder in this path appears in movie NFO file.

The movies show up in Kodi with posters and fanart, but the actor photos do not show up. Is there something I need to change in Kodi's settings to make it work?

ActorThums is the name of the folder, and below is what the NFO file has:

<actor>
<id>514</id>
<name>Jack Nicholson</name>
<role>Col. Nathan R. Jessep</role>
<thumb>C:\ActorThumbs\J\Jack_Nicholson_514.jpg</thumb>
<order>1</order>
</actor>
<actor>
<id>3416</id>
<name>Demi Moore</name>
<role>Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway</role>
<thumb>C:\ActorThumbs\D\Demi_Moore_3416.jpg</thumb>
<order>2</order>
</actor>

Hmmmm, nothing special that needs to be done. I'll have a look at this and let you know.