Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-04, 00:32)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

1) Possible issue with tv votes at episode level. For some reason Lie to me season 1 is not showing the correct vote count and falls back to series votes. Season 2 and 3 are good

1,4 display correct vote count
2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 incorrect vote count

2) TV Shows media flags are displayed at episode level only, and the media flags are not displayed with the same quality as in movies.

Will look into the TV Votes for Lie to Me, but may have to wait for a day.

As for Media flags over episode thumbnail, this is due to the resolution of the thumbnail being only 400x225, and the image is being stretched to fix the picturebox.
Movie Fanart is usually 1920x1080, and shrunk to fit.

I'll have a look at this section also, see if something can be done to improve it, but I suspect it all has to do the the image we have to work with.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-04, 01:42)vbat99 Wrote:

1) Possible issue with tv votes at episode level. For some reason Lie to me season 1 is not showing the correct vote count and falls back to series votes. Season 2 and 3 are good

2) TV Shows media flags are displayed at episode level only, and the media flags are not displayed with the same quality as in movies.

Will look into the TV Votes for Lie to Me, but may have to wait for a day.

As for Media flags over episode thumbnail, this is due to the resolution of the thumbnail being only 400x225, and the image is being stretched to fix the picturebox.
Movie Fanart is usually 1920x1080, and shrunk to fit.

I'll have a look at this section also, see if something can be done to improve it, but I suspect it all has to do the the image we have to work with.

What if you move the media flags to display at season level? the image there is 1920

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-04

Just discovered that on the main browser you can click on clear art, logo, banner, etc and display that image.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-04, 01:53)Edworld Wrote: What if you move the media flags to display at season level? the image there is 1920

Have to select a episode to display the media flags, which displays the thumbnail for the episode.
This would only work if every episode is exactly the same type of media file.

3 things here.
1. We do not hold any season details. A Season folder is only present if an episode for that season is present. No Season data is stored in MC.
2. Would need to scan every episode to determine the media stream details exactly match. One difference in audio language, or bitrate, would negate the display of media info over the season artwork.
3. I believe it would be very costly in cpu cycles to have to load every episode in a season, compare the stream details, and then display over the season artwork.

For a minimal presentation improvement, quite a lot of work.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2016-08-04

I am getting the below error after the release of Media Companion 3.658b.

* One or more errors were detected during scraping. See below for details. *
* To disable seeing this, turn off General Preferences -'Show log on error'. *

Scraping Title: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest 2009
Using IMDB : tt1343097
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
IMDb Actors scraped:- 45
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 11
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 12
Pre-Frodo poster URLs scraping not enabled
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK
Scraping from Fanart.Tv, not selected
Scraping Extra Fanart-Thumbs not selected
Error - Running action [Updating caches] threw [Public member 'vote_count' on type 'CollectionPoster' not found.]

Scraping Title: Taxi 3 2003
Using IMDB : tt0295721
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
IMDb Actors scraped:- 46
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 4
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 5
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK
Error - Running action [Updating caches] threw [Public member 'vote_count' on type 'CollectionPoster' not found.]

Scraping Title: Taxi 4 2007
Using IMDB : tt0804540
Movie Body Scraped OK
HD Tags Added OK
IMDb Actors scraped:- 50
Extra Frodo Poster thumbs: 3
Extra Frodo Fanart thumbs: 3
Poster(s) scraped OK
Fanart URL Scraped OK

Please let me know if there is a setting to avoid it for the movies.

Damn. A new section of code just added and I've pooped scraping movies .

Will look into it

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - john8546 - 2016-08-04

(2016-08-04, 08:00)vbat99 Wrote: Damn. A new section of code just added and I've pooped scraping movies .

Will look into it

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am getting another error while taking screenshots from the movie file if fanart not present in any of the scrappers.

" The system cannot find the file specified
Continue?
Yes No"

@john8546

Not getting that error. Probably how I've set up Media Companion.

Can you upload your config.xml file from Media Companion folder -> Settings folder, and PM me a link please?

Oops, I see its with collection posters. Duh!

Will look into that now.

On the second issue, give me a name of a Movie that does not have Fanart available.

(2016-08-04, 08:37)vbat99 Wrote: Oops, I see its with collection posters. Duh!

Will look into that now.

On the second issue, give me a name of a Movie that does not have Fanart available.

Rob,

Here is the movie name for example

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2856272/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

You're Gonna Be a Legend, Man 2013

(2016-08-04, 08:49)john8546 Wrote:

Will look into that now.

Rob,

First issue with Movie Set artworking is fixed, but will need a new release to get this working. Will possibly do a new release in 12 hours ish.

As for getting screenshot for that movie, sorry, no issue. clicking the button "Screenshot at", saved a screenshot as the fanart worked for me.

(2016-08-04, 09:06)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-04, 08:49)john8546 Wrote:

Will look into that now.

Rob,

First issue with Movie Set artworking is fixed, but will need a new release to get this working. Will possibly do a new release in 12 hours ish.

As for getting screenshot for that movie, sorry, no issue. clicking the button "Screenshot at", saved a screenshot as the fanart worked for me.

Hello Rob,

I figured out the issue with screenshot. I downloaded a previous version say Media Companion 3.641b and found ffmpeg.exe in the Assets folder where as the exe file was missing in the new version Assets folder.
It solved the screenshot issue.

Thanks rob..I will be waiting for the next release.

John.

That's a big one. Testing in debug, ffmpeg was copied to the asset folder.
Building a release, it wasn't.

That'll be fixed in the next release tomorrow morning.

I see that episodes with wrong vote count is getting the Series vote count instead.
Will have a look and get it fixed before new release tomorrow.

(2016-08-04, 10:30)vbat99 Wrote:

I see that episodes with wrong vote count is getting the Series vote count instead.
Will have a look and get it fixed before new release tomorrow.
Found the issue is at TheTvDb.
Episodes that do not get the correct votes are because they do not have an IMDb Id allocated to the episode. I will fix this up on TheTvDb site, but you will need to rescrape these episodes.
Also, best to go Tools -> Empty Caches & Series Folders, so the new data is pulled by Media Companion.

I'd give it a couple of hours.