Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-18

vbat99,

In the fanart tab, middle bottom, Fanart (extrathumbs) has 6 buttons.

I thought this section was to select your extrafanart, but haven't been able to save any images. The steps I am taking are:

Click on thumbs1, select a fanart on the left, and click save hi-res.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-08-18

Hey, Rob. If you have some spare time, I was hoping you would check something for me. I have IMDB set as the movie scraper. I scrape a movie, (Day the Earth Stood Still). It chooses movie made in 2008. The one I'm scraping is from 1951. I change movie to the correct one. Then I try to rename to the correct and nothing is changed. All info shows the 1951 version, but, the folder rename stays 2008. I think I tried the same thing only using TMDB as the scraper and it renamed just fine. Thanks for looking.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-18

(2016-08-18, 02:28)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I thought this section was to select your extrafanart, but haven't been able to save any images. The steps I am taking are:

Seems some code change to Movie Sets functionality has affected the Fanart sections. Will get this fixed before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-18

Another question about actors

I have downloaded actors to a centralized folder: movies from TMDb and shows from TVDb

An actor in Rome is saved as: Ciarán_Hinds_25663, same actor in Game of Thrones: Ciarán_Hinds_346231 and this is how it is shown on each individual NFO and displayed in MC main browser.

My expectation was that Kodi would display the photo using the path on the NFO file, Rome displaying 25663 and GoT displaying 346231.... not the case.

Is there anything I can do to have Kodi display the actor based on NFO?

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-18

(2016-08-18, 03:58)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 02:28)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Seems some code change to Movie Sets functionality has affected the Fanart sections. Will get this fixed before the next release.

Actually, found user needed to have Allow save ExtraThumbs selected in Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab.
I've disabled this requirement if on the Fanart tab, for the next release.

(2016-08-18, 02:37)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. If you have some spare time, I was hoping you would check something for me. I have IMDB set as the movie scraper. I scrape a movie, (Day the Earth Stood Still). It chooses movie made in 2008. The one I'm scraping is from 1951. I change movie to the correct one. Then I try to rename to the correct and nothing is changed. All info shows the 1951 version, but, the folder rename stays 2008. I think I tried the same thing only using TMDB as the scraper and it renamed just fine. Thanks for looking.

Seems MC was being too smart, and using the year from the existing filename or folder title when changing the Movie.
Fix in place for the next release to always use the year from the selected movie if changing movie.

(2016-08-18, 05:24)Edworld Wrote: Another question about actors

I have downloaded actors to a centralized folder: movies from TMDb and shows from TVDb

An actor in Rome is saved as: Ciarán_Hinds_25663, same actor in Game of Thrones: Ciarán_Hinds_346231 and this is how it is shown on each individual NFO and displayed in MC main browser.

My expectation was that Kodi would display the photo using the path on the NFO file, Rome displaying 25663 and GoT displaying 346231.... not the case.

Is there anything I can do to have Kodi display the actor based on NFO?

thanks

Had to have a play with this before answering.
For TVDb actors, we include the actor's TVDb Id. This is the number at the end of the actor name.
In the tvshow.nfo, the path to the centralized actors should be as follows. Note, path is what I am currently using, this is just an example.
Code:
<episodeguide>
        <url cache="281534.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/series/281534/all/en.zip</url>
    </episodeguide>
    <language>en</language>
    <actor>
        <actorid>347723</actorid>
        <name>Hannah John-Kamen</name>
        <role>Dutch</role>
        <thumb>U:\zMedia\Actors\H\Hannah_John-Kamen_347723.jpg</thumb>
        <order>0</order>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <actorid>347721</actorid>
        <name>Aaron Ashmore</name>
        <role>John Jaqobis</role>
        <thumb>U:\zMedia\Actors\A\Aaron_Ashmore_347721.jpg</thumb>
        <order>1</order>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <actorid>349135</actorid>
        <name>Luke Macfarlane</name>
        <role>D'Avin Jaqobis</role>
        <thumb>U:\zMedia\Actors\L\Luke_Macfarlane_349135.jpg</thumb>
        <order>2</order>
    </actor>
This is for the show Killjoys. I set up a central folder for actors
Code:
U:\zMedia\Actors
and scraped this show.

The tricky part is setting up Kodi.
If using smb paths in Kodi, you need to add a network path so that Kodi can see the Central actor folder. This path needs to be entered into Media Companion Settings, so it can be saved to the nfo.
If using Local path, then add this as a folder, but set to exclude from scanning.

I checked the above using SQL browser and the Kodi MyVideoxx.db, and indeed, Kodi retrieves the actors images from the central location.
Play, try, PM me if you have specific questions.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-19

Vbat99,

Thanks for responding. I have verified that MC created the NFO correctly, and that Kodi is reading the NFO. The problem I have, is that Kodi will display the last image it scraped from a specific actor.

if you have time try the following:

NFO for tvshow Spin City - martin sheen http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/23077.jpg
NFO for tvshow 2 and a half men - martin sheen http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/15879.jpg
NFO for movie platoon - https://www.themoviedb.org/person/6952-charlie-sheen

Once you have all NFO's created, scan movie and tvshows in Kodi

My experience is that Kodi will use the last image of an actor scanned regardless if the NFO is pointing to a different picture.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-19

(2016-08-19, 00:05)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

Thanks for responding. I have verified that MC created the NFO correctly, and that Kodi is reading the NFO. The problem I have, is that Kodi will display the last image it scraped from a specific actor.

if you have time try the following:

NFO for tvshow Spin City - martin sheen http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/23077.jpg
NFO for tvshow 2 and a half men - martin sheen http://thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/actors/15879.jpg
NFO for movie platoon - https://www.themoviedb.org/person/6952-charlie-sheen

Once you have all NFO's created, scan movie and tvshows in Kodi

My experience is that Kodi will use the last image of an actor scanned regardless if the NFO is pointing to a different picture.

That is a Kodi issue.

The Dev's would have had to decide to use the first image scraped for the actor, and ignore any other images associated with the actor, or to just use the overwrite the stored image everytime the actor is added to the database.
Note, Movie actors and TV Actors are separate in Media Companion, as they are different resolutions usually, and come from different sources.

If I find time, I may try and merge TV and Movie actors, but it is not a priority right now.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-08-19

Here are some images:

GoT
watch gallery

Rome
watch gallery

GoT was the last show scanned in Kodi, so in Rome, the picture of Ciaran Hinds is from GoT not Rome

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-19

Sorry, nothing we can do about that. I would request in Kodi forum for some reasoning on this.

(2016-08-19, 00:09)vbat99 Wrote: If I find time, I may try and merge TV and Movie actors, but it is not a priority right now.

I personally like the way it does it now. In MC when I select Rome and view actors in MC, I get all the images from tvdb and in this example it shows the actors with costumes and how they looked when they did the show.

Sweet, then I won't...LOL

New Release.

Media Companion 3.661b

More work on Movie Sets from AnotherPhil, and some more bug fixes.

New:
  • Movie - Added 'Open TMDb Set Info Page' & 'Open TMDb Movie Info Page' to gridview context menu.
  • Movie - Added 'Missing from set unreleased' filter.
  • Movie - Added Year to missing in set grid view records,
Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix bug where incomplete movie set info was incomplete.
  • Movie - Fix bug in number of movies got in a set where duplicates counted.
  • Movie - Fix saving of Tags from Browser tab and Movie & Tags Tab.
  • Movie - ExtraThumbs on Fanart Tab, remove requirement to have Allow ExtraThumbs option selected.
  • Movie - If Change Movie, use Year from selected Movie not from filename or folder title.
  • mc_com - Fix create episode screenshot when episode has been renamed.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.661b x86 & MC 3.661b x64

Revision History

vbat99,

Did you undo the way of scraping aspect ratio back to version 3.659?