Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-21

(2016-08-21, 18:05)marhutchy Wrote: I just re-scraped the media tags for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises and their set name got removed from the nfo file.

Spotted this with a couple of my movies.

@AnotherPhil is working on this code, hopes to have more fixes done before the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-27

I just realized that I'm no longer getting ratings and votes for the series from IMDb. Remember when you implemented that?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-27

(2016-08-27, 03:22)marhutchy Wrote: I just realized that I'm no longer getting ratings and votes for the series from IMDb. Remember when you implemented that?

Checked and this is still working from IMDb.

You will need to check with the TV series on TVDb, if the episodes have an IMDb Id allocated to the episode.
If not, then there is the reason.

I suggest signing up with TVDb and paying it forward. Populate the IMDB ID number for the episodes that are missing in on TVDb.
I just did this myself for Sex&Drug&Rock&Roll Season 2, and uploaded thumbnails.

While MC can do quite a bit, sometimes user intervention is required.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-08-27

(2016-08-27, 10:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 03:22)marhutchy Wrote: I just realized that I'm no longer getting ratings and votes for the series from IMDb. Remember when you implemented that?

Checked and this is still working from IMDb.

You will need to check with the TV series on TVDb, if the episodes have an IMDb Id allocated to the episode.
If not, then there is the reason.

I suggest signing up with TVDb and paying it forward. Populate the IMDB ID number for the episodes that are missing in on TVDb.
I just did this myself for Sex&Drug&Rock&Roll Season 2, and uploaded thumbnails.

While MC can do quite a bit, sometimes user intervention is required.

After some testing, I know what the problem is.

I have 2 profiles on MC: one with TV Series collections and another with just TV Series.
The one with the collection obviously have all the episodes of that series.
The one with just the series is used to add recent episodes. I actively download to those folders, watch and delete the episodes. I don't scrape them.
Problem is for the series to get rating from IMDb, the series must have episodes scraped. The profile with just series aren't getting the ratings because I have no episode scraped there.

EDIT 1: I was wrong I tried rescraping the votes for Stargate Atlantis with scraped episodes, but no rating from IMDb.

EDIT 2: I found the problem. "Use XBMC TVDB scraper" must be disabled in order to get series ratings from IMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-08-31

Yes, it looks like the XBMC TVDb scraper only gets Episode Ratings from IMDb if selected.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-05

New Release.

Media Companion 3.662b

Still more work on Movie Sets and some more bug fixes.

New:
  • Added lock\unlock field to prevent unwanted scraper changes. Currently only implemented for the movie set field.
Fixed:
  • Movie - Revert AR from TechSpec page of IMDb, Get from movie's main page.
  • Movie - Major refactoring of Movie Set code, and functionality.
  • Movie - Added option save SetId as <collectionnumber> and load if nfo has <collectionnumber> - Request.
  • Movie - Get rid of annoying pop-up message on MovieSets tab.
  • Movie - Movie Set Cache populated from nfo's on Refresh, flagged as dirty till rescrape of TMDb set info.
  • MC - Fix code for external browser, add catchs if failure occurs. .

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.662b x86 & MC 3.662b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-06

What's happening below?

Tags not saving

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-06

@marhutchy
Movie Sets.
Please do a Refresh All and try the Movie Set tab again.

As for the Tags not saving, could be cause I quickly moved this section from Sets & Tags tab to the Tags tab. I Will take a look

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-06

Are you referring to Refresh All Movies? If yes, I have done that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-09-06

Hey, Rob. Thought I'd share my "findings" with the latest release. The only real problem was I had to run the batch rescraper about 6-7 times before all movie sets were found. Got a question about some settings. In the movie preferences general section, there are two settings that deal with ignore article to end of set. Are they the same? Meaning do they perform the same function. Have a possible artwork request. When scraping a movie set artwork, only the poster and fanart are downloaded and banners, logos, etc have to be manually gotten from fanart.tv. Any way to get them all at once? Lastly Smile. If I rename a set from The **** to ***, The, all the artwork in the central folder doesn't get renamed. Hope this all makes a bit of sense. Thanks again!

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-07

(2016-09-06, 11:39)marhutchy Wrote: Are you referring to Refresh All Movies? If yes, I have done that.

Right, then there are two more options.
1. on Movie Sets tab, click the repopulate button ( looks like a Recycle symbol).
If that does not work.
Close MC, go to Settings folder in your MC folder, and rename moviesetcache.xml to .Old
Open MC, and do a Refresh All, then to Movie Sets tab, click the repopulate button again.

I just did this on a clean extract of Media companion on my live data. only thing I noticed was double entries in the list of movie sets.
But the repopulate button sorted that out. Found out that issue, so duplicates will be gone for the next release.

And Tags tab will be fixed for the next release also. This was a stupid naming issue that wasn't changed with the tab changes.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-07

(2016-09-06, 18:00)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Thought I'd share my "findings" with the latest release. The only real problem was I had to run the batch rescraper about 6-7 times before all movie sets were found. Got a question about some settings. In the movie preferences general section, there are two settings that deal with ignore article to end of set. Are they the same? Meaning do they perform the same function. Have a possible artwork request. When scraping a movie set artwork, only the poster and fanart are downloaded and banners, logos, etc have to be manually gotten from fanart.tv. Any way to get them all at once? Lastly Smile. If I rename a set from The **** to ***, The, all the artwork in the central folder doesn't get renamed. Hope this all makes a bit of sense. Thanks again!

Hey bobrap

Not sure why you had to run the rescrape that many times, possibly an issue with MC and TMDB with too many requests. Will look into that soon.,

There is only one option for ignore article to end of set in General Tab, General Options.
There is also an option General tab, Rename options.
These do similar but separate things.
General Option is to display and store Ignore Article at end of Movie Set Name.
Rename Option is only when renaming. So Users can display without ignore article at end, but rename with article at end.

Extra Movie Set artwork. At the time of addition of Movie Set Artwork, I could not find any movie that had Banners or Logo associated on TMDb. Even Fanart.Tv had only Poster and Fanart.
While I could add it, You would have to check what artwork downloader addon supports Banners/Logo/ClearArt etc for Movie Sets.
I won't add it if nothing out there supports this artwork.

Last item. Renaming Set with ignore article at end, do you mean it does not rename the artwork files in the central movieset folder?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-07

@vbat99 is this normal?

(2016-09-07, 01:56)marhutchy Wrote: @vbat99 is this normal?

It's normal if you have more that the default profile in Media Companion.
If you have two profiles, then each cache file gets the number 1 added to it.
for every additional profile, the number increases.
etc.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-07

@vbat99 okay, it worked as you suggested.