Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-09-07

(2016-09-07, 00:50)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 18:00)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob. Thought I'd share my "findings" with the latest release. The only real problem was I had to run the batch rescraper about 6-7 times before all movie sets were found. Got a question about some settings. In the movie preferences general section, there are two settings that deal with ignore article to end of set. Are they the same? Meaning do they perform the same function. Have a possible artwork request. When scraping a movie set artwork, only the poster and fanart are downloaded and banners, logos, etc have to be manually gotten from fanart.tv. Any way to get them all at once? Lastly Smile. If I rename a set from The **** to ***, The, all the artwork in the central folder doesn't get renamed. Hope this all makes a bit of sense. Thanks again!

Hey bobrap

Not sure why you had to run the rescrape that many times, possibly an issue with MC and TMDB with too many requests. Will look into that soon.,

There is only one option for ignore article to end of set in General Tab, General Options.
There is also an option General tab, Rename options.
These do similar but separate things.
General Option is to display and store Ignore Article at end of Movie Set Name.
Rename Option is only when renaming. So Users can display without ignore article at end, but rename with article at end.

Extra Movie Set artwork. At the time of addition of Movie Set Artwork, I could not find any movie that had Banners or Logo associated on TMDb. Even Fanart.Tv had only Poster and Fanart.
While I could add it, You would have to check what artwork downloader addon supports Banners/Logo/ClearArt etc for Movie Sets.
I won't add it if nothing out there supports this artwork.

Last item. Renaming Set with ignore article at end, do you mean it does not rename the artwork files in the central movieset folder?

Understand the ignore article now. Thanks.

Not sure I understand the extra movie set artwork. If I go to fanart.tv tab I can switch to movie set art work. If I want all artwork available I have to manually sect everything. I don't use any artwork downloader except MC. Movie Set Artwork Automator use the artwork, if available.

Last item might be me. The only files that get renamed in the central movie set folder are poster and fanart. Logo, banner and the rest do not.

Thanks for giving this a look. Gettin' better all the time! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-08

(2016-09-07, 05:07)bobrap Wrote: Understand the ignore article now. Thanks.

Not sure I understand the extra movie set artwork. If I go to fanart.tv tab I can switch to movie set art work. If I want all artwork available I have to manually sect everything. I don't use any artwork downloader except MC. Movie Set Artwork Automator use the artwork, if available.

Last item might be me. The only files that get renamed in the central movie set folder are poster and fanart. Logo, banner and the rest do not.

Thanks for giving this a look. Gettin' better all the time! Smile

Movie Set Fanart and Poster are only scraped from TMDb. I would need to add the option to get these and logo,banner, etc from Fanart.TV
Possibly an option to get Movie Set art from TMDB, or from Fanart.TV. Then it may be possible to add logo, banner etc.

As for the renaming of Movie Set Fanart and MovieSet Poster when ignore article at end, I could not get this to work at my end.
Can you advise step-by-step how you got the existing MovieSet Fanart and Poster to get renamed.

It may be all the changes Phil has added, that force to use TMDb Set names, and do not allow to move any article to the end of the set name.
Phil did add some function for UserMovieSetName, but this was commented out, and I need to figure out how to best use this function.
I need a lot more time to look into this.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-09-08

I did some playing and the renaming of set artwork isn't a big deal for me. The problem was that I wanted to rename sets with the ignore article at the end. If I untick the "Enable Ignore Article For MovieSet Title", things work the way I want. Still have to scrape movieset info over and over.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2016-09-17

I've found some odd behavior with the newest version and movie sets. I did the changing the cache file name and repopulating trick, which appeared to work. Upon further inspection, I noticed more than few sets not showing up. If I go to the main browser and highlight one of the movies in the sets missing (Star Trek The Motion Picture from Star Trek The Original Series Collection for example), then go back to movie sets, the movie set if included and all the movies in that set. If I hit repopulate again, it's gone again. Any time I view a movie in the main browser which doesn't appear in the movie set list, it puts the movie set in the list. These are common sets too, not obscure sets. Amazing Spider Man Set, Back to the Future Trilogy, Spider Man Trilogy, Bad Boys Collection. Thanks for the program, I use it everyday.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kavuraki - 2016-09-18

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great software.

- I have 155 movies in my folder but the MC shows 122 after scanning. Is there any specific reason for that?

- What should I do to validate Database\Textures13.db thing?

Thanks...

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-09-18

(2016-09-18, 00:15)kavuraki Wrote: Hi Guys,

- I have 155 movies in my folder but the MC shows 122 after scanning. Is there any specific reason for that?

Thanks...

Do you have movies that are 2 files?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-19

(2016-09-08, 20:30)bobrap Wrote: I did some playing and the renaming of set artwork isn't a big deal for me. The problem was that I wanted to rename sets with the ignore article at the end. If I untick the "Enable Ignore Article For MovieSet Title", things work the way I want. Still have to scrape movieset info over and over.

I have been working on resolving this issue. It may still have some bugs, but all in all, I believe the next release should better handle the issues you have raised.
Hope to have new release out before end of this week.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-19

(2016-09-17, 18:09)clubwerks Wrote: I've found some odd behavior with the newest version and movie sets. I did the changing the cache file name and repopulating trick, which appeared to work. Upon further inspection, I noticed more than few sets not showing up. If I go to the main browser and highlight one of the movies in the sets missing (Star Trek The Motion Picture from Star Trek The Original Series Collection for example), then go back to movie sets, the movie set if included and all the movies in that set. If I hit repopulate again, it's gone again. Any time I view a movie in the main browser which doesn't appear in the movie set list, it puts the movie set in the list. These are common sets too, not obscure sets. Amazing Spider Man Set, Back to the Future Trilogy, Spider Man Trilogy, Bad Boys Collection. Thanks for the program, I use it everyday.

Just mentioned in a reply to Bobrap, more fixes are in place to handle some of the issue that have risen since the major rework of Movie Set functionality. Should have a new release out before the end of this week.

(2016-09-18, 00:15)kavuraki Wrote: Hi Guys,

Thanks...

As Edworld mentioned, the mis-count could be for split movies, samples, trailers. Media Companion will only count the Movies.

As for validate the database, the instructions should be on MC's site:
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=XBMC%20Link&referringTitle=Documentation
or search the discussions.
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/discussions/454340
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/discussions/647152
https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/discussions/586139

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-21

Any edits I make to my tags aren't being saved Sad

When I manually copy and paste from another nfo, I get an error about invalid character.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-21

(2016-09-21, 22:03)marhutchy Wrote: Any edits I make to my tags aren't being saved Sad

When I manually copy and paste from another nfo, I get an error about invalid character.

A Fix is in place for this issue. Hope to have new release out by end of this week.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-23

New Release.

Media Companion 3.663b

Still working on the new Sets code and changes, so please be patient.
Any issues or requests to do with the Sets part of Media Companion, please open a discussion, or an Issue, and we will help or advise as we can.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix change year when change movie and movie title is same, Fixes for IMDB & TMDb scrape and re-scrape and Change Movie.
  • Movies - Fix saving tags from new Tags tab.
  • Movie - Fix duplicate sets displayed on Movie Sets tab.
  • Movie - Fix select IMDb or TMDb web browser tab by right-click.
  • Movie - better displaying of Set info on Movie Set tab.
  • Movie - Do not display forced subtitle in mediaoverlay.
  • Movie - Honor option to get or not to get TMDB Set info.
  • Movie - Changes to Movie Sets tab functionality. Allow rename existing Movie sets.
  • Movie - Fix display of double year in progress bar when scraping via IMDb.
  • TV - Screenshots preview load every 1 second for each five pictureboxes.
  • TV - Fix incorrect code to populate year from premiered date. .

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.663b x86 & MC 3.663b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-09-24

Thanks for the update Smile

I noticed that I can only save tags for 1 movie, not multiple.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-24

(2016-09-24, 02:40)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the update Smile

Argh!!! Didn't test multiply movies for tag saving. FIgured the one fix would sort it. OK, will check into it. Sorry.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-09-24

(2016-09-24, 04:14)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 02:40)marhutchy Wrote: Thanks for the update Smile

Argh!!! Didn't test multiply movies for tag saving. FIgured the one fix would sort it. OK, will check into it. Sorry.

Um, tested tag saving with multiple movies. Its working for me.