Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - HueyHq - 2013-01-22

Try grabbing Resolutions.xml from a recent release (AnotherPhil added this recently) and put it in the root.

I suggested to fma965 about disabling the 'Both' option 'cos his work doesn't support it. Yet. May want to change it in case it's still set to 'Both' in the config.

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 02:27)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 02:22)HueyHq Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 02:19)fma965 Wrote: yh new version uploaded, why use publish and not build? publish is annoying i think.
Agree!

er, ok, (see, I don't know what I'm talking about, some of the time)

Crash saving fanart
Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Temp2\Media Companion 3.5.3.0 ALPHA\Resolutions.xml'.
File name: 'E:\Temp2\Media Companion 3.5.3.0 ALPHA\Resolutions.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

Also noticed "Both" option not present on General Preferences (I know, just testing Frodo-onwards for now).

Added a new TV Show, no artwork scraped at all.

But season artwork and episode artwork are being saved for both formats, tbn and -poster.jpg. Nice, but that should be set under "Both" option.

It's a bloody good start. Thanks and Keep it up. Get some zzzzz's.
S*** told you it was getting late, i forgot to add the Resolutions.xml to the zip Sad http://puu.sh/1QRfQ copy it from a old build to the root of the media companion for now Smile

Both disabled for now got a plan though

TV Show artwork not scraped... thats weird worked for me... double checking now.. working fine Smile weird...

Thanks for the support

FYI: its 00:34 here right now,

also i edited the wiki page for developers to read "Delete all *.manifest*, *.pdb*, *.config*, and *.xml* files except for Resolutions.xml from top-level" as i think i followed that and thats the reason i forgot it

RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - vbat99 - 2013-01-22

OK, so set Frodo-onwards, tv preferences, rename SxxExx - title.ext
Add root folder (can't see add show button on right side) then add from root folder.
One show. "Arrow)", and Save Changes.
Crash Oops
Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 9, position 24.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()

It scraped season01-poster.jpg and actors, didn't create nfo. Can't test any further.

(2013-01-22, 02:47)vbat99 Wrote: OK, so set Frodo-onwards, tv preferences, rename SxxExx - title.ext
Add root folder (can't see add show button on right side) then add from root folder.
One show. "Arrow)", and Save Changes.
Crash Oops
Code:
System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 9, position 24.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)

It scraped season01-poster.jpg and actors, didn't create nfo. Can't test any further.
hmm weird, what show was it?

Arrow, but tried with Castle (2009) also.

Now note, these are empty folder, no nfo existing, no artwork, so:
\TVShows\Arrow
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01\S01E01.avi
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01\S01E02.avi

And that's all there is. Going to try extract MC into new folder to test, with Resolutions.xml in Root of MC.

(2013-01-22, 02:51)vbat99 Wrote: Arrow, but tried with Castle (2009) also.

Now note, these are empty folder, no nfo existing, no artwork, so:
\TVShows\Arrow
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01\S01E01.avi
\TVShows\Arrow\Season01\S01E02.avi

And that's all there is. Going to try extract MC into new folder to test, with Resolutions.xml in Root of MC.

Didn't realise arrow was a show thought you meant you presses a arrow

check the video above if you haven't do exactly the same as me tell if it works like that, thanks.

Just a note that Resolutions.xml should be in the Settings folder, not the root, for the reason given by fma965 above.
Not just moved, but location and creation changed in the code.

(2013-01-22, 02:56)HueyHq Wrote: Just a note that Resolutions.xml should be in the Settings folder, not the root, for the reason given by fma965 above.

wait what? im confused, on your latest official build the resolutions.xml is in the root and not in settings, or is something gone screw up with my files?

EDIT: or are you saying it should be moved as in its currently is in root and is supposed to be in root but the code should be changed so its in settings?

Final release for the night : http://puu.sh/1QRRZ - fixed settings, fixed resolutions.xml

Yeah, the second one; nothing to do with anything you've done! Kind of like a 'note-to-self'.

(2013-01-22, 02:56)HueyHq Wrote: Just a note that Resolutions.xml should be in the Settings folder, not the root, for the reason given by fma965 above.

Code:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\Temp2\Media Companion 3.5.3.0 ALPHA\Resolutions.xml'.
Nope, in root of MC it seems.

Quote:Not just moved, but location and creation changed in the code.
WhatHuh

(2013-01-22, 02:52)fma965 Wrote: Didn't realise arrow was a show thought you meant you presses a arrow

check the video above if you haven't do exactly the same as me tell if it works like that, thanks.
Video played too small for me to see. couldn't enlarge.

But, tried bare basic, extract mc Alpha to new folder. Deleted settings folder, copied Resolutions.xml into root of new MC folder.
Started, Gen Preferences, Select Frodo Onwards.
TV Folders, Select TV Show Root, Add from Root
Only "Arrow" folder listed. Save Changes.

Oops
Code:

I'll try and save the video you posted and look at it larger. Otherwise, what am I doing wrong?

(2013-01-22, 03:03)HueyHq Wrote: Yeah, the second one; nothing to do with anything you've done! Kind of like a 'note-to-self'.

i see, i wrote the first bit and then i re-read it and realized depending on how its read it could mean to completly different things Smile

i just said last release for the night but its 01:05 here so its not even night Sad

if i reply from now on till tomorrow (today) it will be on my phone via tapatalk Smile
(2013-01-22, 03:05)vbat99 Wrote:
Code:
Nope, in root of MC it seems.

Quote:Not just moved, but location and creation changed in the code.
WhatHuh

(2013-01-22, 02:52)fma965 Wrote: Didn't realise arrow was a show thought you meant you presses a arrow

Video played too small for me to see. couldn't enlarge.

But, tried bare basic, extract mc Alpha to new folder. Deleted settings folder, copied Resolutions.xml into root of new MC folder.
Started, Gen Preferences, Select Frodo Onwards.
TV Folders, Select TV Show Root, Add from Root
Only "Arrow" folder listed. Save Changes.

Oops
Code:

I'll try and save the video you posted and look at it larger. Otherwise, what am I doing wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaaPDpzHoU

(2013-01-22, 02:59)fma965 Wrote: wait what? im confused, on your latest official build the resolutions.xml is in the root and not in settings, or is something gone screw up with my files?

EDIT: or are you saying it should be moved as in its currently is in root and is supposed to be in root but the code should be changed so its in settings?

Final release for the night : http://puu.sh/1QRRZ - fixed settings, fixed resolutions.xml

Just downloaded this last release, and it worked first time. So something different. Will keep testing.

Have a good night ( or morning). LOL

(2013-01-22, 03:09)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 02:59)fma965 Wrote: wait what? im confused, on your latest official build the resolutions.xml is in the root and not in settings, or is something gone screw up with my files?

Just downloaded this last release, and it worked first time. So something different. Will keep testing.

Have a good night ( or morning). LOL

ok the only different i know of is that the resolutions.xml file is included, maybe i changed something accidently but not sure what

final request, could you send me the contents of the resolutions file you was using please. also could you maybe make a note on the first post about this alpha so more people will find it and report the bugs Smile here is the direct link to my post, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=1306764#pid1306764

note that post has also got the updated download link added.

EDIT: you need some better pictures on the OP Big Grin is that windows 98 or something?
do you want me to help with the issues on the codeplex MC page? i have already replied to 2 about frodo support asking for them to test my release.

(2013-01-22, 03:11)fma965 Wrote: ok the only different i know of is that the resolutions.xml file is included, maybe i changed something accidently but not sure what

final request, could you send me the contents of the resolutions file you was using please. also could you maybe make a note on the first post about this alpha so more people will find it and report the bugs Smile here is the direct link to my post, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129134&pid=1306764#pid1306764

EDIT: you need some better pictures on the OP Big Grin is that windows 98 or something?

It was the Resolutions.xml file I created. Damn it! I knew it was something I did. All good now. Tested Pre-Frodo and Frodo-onwards. All is looking good.

Episode-thumb.jpg isn't there, but apart from that, fantastic.

Now, regarding updating of the OP. If alright, I like to wait till the GUI is updated on Codeplex site, and point to a release there, but in the interest of all your hard work, I will put the alpha link there with warnings temporarily.

Cheers

Oh and Op images are from XP with all the bells and whistles turned off.

Re: RE: Media Companion V3.500 Stable Released - fma965 - 2013-01-22

(2013-01-22, 03:24)vbat99 Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 03:11)fma965 Wrote: ok the only different i know of is that the resolutions.xml file is included, maybe i changed something accidently but not sure what

It was the Resolutions.xml file I created. Damn it! I knew it was something I did. All good now. Tested Pre-Frodo and Frodo-onwards. All is looking good.

Episode-thumb.jpg isn't there, but apart from that, fantastic.

Now, regarding updating of the OP. If alright, I like to wait till the GUI is updated on Codeplex site, and point to a release there, but in the interest of all your hard work, I will put the alpha link there with warnings temporarily.

Cheers

Oh and Op images are from XP with all the bells and whistles turned off.
Great, it's up to you just thought It would help us fix bugs, thumb is not added yet

On phone so going to keep the message short to save the typing on touchscreen