Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-01

(2016-10-01, 03:52)marhutchy Wrote: Another thing that I always noticed: it takes forever to scrape/re-scrape files when my VPN is running.
Apart from turning of the VPN, can this be resolved permanently?

I don't have or use a VPN, and with the vast amount of different VPn providers and pathways they use, this is a grey area to tackle and make work properly.

I suppose the proxy settings in Media Companion are of no use on a VPN?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-10-01

vbat99,

Movie Preferences \ scraper question

If I select "allow user tags" on preferences and add to "tags" best picture, will it scrape from IMDB all the movies that won this award?

How easy would it be to add the possibility to scrape all the awards by movie and add these as tags in each NFO?

Thanks in advance

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-01

(2016-10-01, 21:21)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

If I select "allow user tags" on preferences and add to "tags" best picture, will it scrape from IMDB all the movies that won this award?
No, it wouldn't, we only get the tags that are plot keywords.
Quote:How easy would it be to add the possibility to scrape all the awards by movie and add these as tags in each NFO?

Thanks in advance

Not easy at all. As the data is difficult to get correctly from IMDb.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - marhutchy - 2016-10-02

(2016-10-01, 06:56)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-10-01, 03:52)marhutchy Wrote: Another thing that I always noticed: it takes forever to scrape/re-scrape files when my VPN is running.
Apart from turning of the VPN, can this be resolved permanently?

I don't have or use a VPN, and with the vast amount of different VPn providers and pathways they use, this is a grey area to tackle and make work properly.

I suppose the proxy settings in Media Companion are of no use on a VPN?

No it isn't.

I have worked on another workaround. I used proxy for my other applications, so I can turn of the VPN without an issue.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-10-02

(2016-10-01, 23:51)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-10-01, 21:21)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

No, it wouldn't, we only get the tags that are plot keywords.
Quote:How easy would it be to add the possibility to scrape all the awards by movie and add these as tags in each NFO?

Thanks in advance

Not easy at all. As the data is difficult to get correctly from IMDb.

So if I want to Tag all the movies that won Best picture

Do I have to type in every movie: Best Picture, Best Director, etc. using a comma to separate each tag?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-02

(2016-10-02, 01:23)Edworld Wrote: So if I want to Tag all the movies that won Best picture

Do I have to type in every movie: Best Picture, Best Director, etc. using a comma to separate each tag?

Select all movies that are Best Picture, go to Tags Tab, Enter Best Picture as a new tag, then click Add tag(s) to Movie(s), and finally click Save Selected tag(s) to Movie(s).
Do the same for Best Director.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-10-02

(2016-10-02, 04:25)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-10-02, 01:23)Edworld Wrote: So if I want to Tag all the movies that won Best picture

Select all movies that are Best Picture, go to Tags Tab, Enter Best Picture as a new tag, then click Add tag(s) to Movie(s), and finally click Save Selected tag(s) to Movie(s).
Do the same for Best Director.

Thanks, I will start working on this

vbat99,

The 3 or 4 Dolby Atmos movies I have show this on the NFO file:

<codec>atmos</codec>
<channels>Object Based / 8</channels>

while other Blurays show:
<codec>dtshd_ma</codec>
<channels>8 / 6</channels>

So the question is, should Object based be a number?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-02

(2016-10-02, 15:04)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

<codec>atmos</codec>

<codec>dtshd_ma</codec>

No Idea. I'd need a sample to know what data is suppose to be returned. Will have a hunt around, must be sample files available on the net.

(2016-10-02, 15:04)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

<codec>atmos</codec>

<codec>dtshd_ma</codec>

Looking into atmos data and mediainfo, the entry Object based is correct. This relates to special functions of this audio type.

Here's some info:
A Brief Intro to Object-Based Surround (Dolby Atmos & DTS-X)

Dolby Atmos: Why object-based audio matters

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-07

New Release.

Media Companion 3.664b

One bug from last release to do with the Year in the video filename has been fixed.
Also managed to resolved aspect ratio issue for international users, ie: those in regions where Decimal character is a comma, and thousands separator is a full stop.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fixed up code around getting the Year from the filename - wouldn't scrape if flanked by spaces.
  • MC - Enlarge audio language overlay. Fix aspect ratio to 2 decimal places.
  • TV - fix mc_com save location of series xml file.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.664b x86 & MC 3.664b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-12

Have been working on Long Path support for Media Companion.

Any users that have or have had issue with Long Path, can you please visit this link,

Media Companion 3.664 test build Long Path support.

where you will find a x86 test build.

I expect I didn't catch every instance that needed changing, so if you come across an issue, please post in the above issue with instructions of how to reproduce.

Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Choppasmith - 2016-10-13

I really wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here.

I use Media Companion to get extra media like logos, clearart, etc. But despite being downloaded they never show up properly. I have to either go into Movie/Show Info > Choose Art for every piece of media or use the Artwork Downloader Add-on to download artwork which enables all the artwork once it's finished. Only downsides is it tends to download fanart/logos I don't want and in my current skin, Arctic Zephyr, it has to be done for ALL the movies/shows. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal.

Is it a limitation of Kodi (Jarvis) currently?
Is it a glitch/problem with my current skin, Arctic Zephyr?
Is it somehow just me and my Windows 7 HTPC?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-13

(2016-10-13, 22:26)Choppasmith Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here.

I use Media Companion to get extra media like logos, clearart, etc. But despite being downloaded they never show up properly. I have to either go into Movie/Show Info > Choose Art for every piece of media or use the Artwork Downloader Add-on to download artwork which enables all the artwork once it's finished. Only downsides is it tends to download fanart/logos I don't want and in my current skin, Arctic Zephyr, it has to be done for ALL the movies/shows. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal.

I really couldn't say, but I do know the Dev for Artwork Downloader hasn't had much time to keep this addon updated with some of the requests from users.
I suspect its a double, Artwork Downloader and Kodi limitations.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-10-13

(2016-10-13, 22:26)Choppasmith Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here.

I have your exact same setup, and haven't experienced any issues. Did you setup AD to use local files? Have you tried a different skin?