Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-27

(2016-10-26, 14:48)bobrap Wrote: I checked my settings and all three log boxes are unchecked. After I run check for new episodes I still get a log popup.

Yes, that's the tool tip.

What I would like is if I highlight a series, it would display next aired or previous episode like the next aired add-on does in Kodi. Similar to "Premiered" date. You idea would work as well as a filter. Add both? Thanks, again.

Can't find anything unusual in the settings, they are working OK here. Maybe something wrong with your config.xml.?
Close MC, Rename your settings folder, and re-start MC, setup again and test. If OK, then delete your old, renamed settings folder.
If not OK, close MC, delete new settings folder, and rename original back to Settings.

Tooltip will be available next release, Option available in TV Preferences -> General / Scraper tab, at bottom left. Display missing episodes will need to be enabled.
Also, new filter under list of TV Shows. Missing Next-To-Air.
Will show the next episode to be aired for each TV Show.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-10-27

Thanks for the updates and new stuff. I checked my logs and settings and it seems that after changing the settings a few times the log is no longer displayed. Go figure. Was curious about this. I have display logs after scraping episodes unchecked and this is what's in my config file: <disabletvlogs>False</disabletvlogs>. Shouldn't that be true? As long as I don't see the log, I'm happy Smile.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-10-27

(2016-10-27, 06:06)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the updates and new stuff. I checked my logs and settings and it seems that after changing the settings a few times the log is no longer displayed. Go figure. Was curious about this. I have display logs after scraping episodes unchecked and this is what's in my config file: <disabletvlogs>False</disabletvlogs>. Shouldn't that be true? As long as I don't see the log, I'm happy Smile.

I think the logic for TV episode log is flipped.
If disabletvlogs is true, then disable, if False, then its displayed.

It one of the weird ones I'd like to change, but meh...is it broke, nope, then don't play with it... LOL.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-11-02

vbat99,

Is there a setting to separate writers with a slash instead of comma? similar to how Director is displayed

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-02

(2016-11-02, 01:47)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Is there a setting to separate writers with a slash instead of comma? similar to how Director is displayed

Thanks

No settings, that's just how it was written many, many moons ago.

I suppose for consistency I should set them to be with a "/" and also Studio and Stars.

Will be in the next release.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-11-02

(2016-11-02, 02:19)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 01:47)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Thanks

No settings, that's just how it was written many, many moons ago.

I suppose for consistency I should set them to be with a "/" and also Studio and Stars.

Will be in the next release.

Thanks for the quick response.

In batch wizard, can you modify to rescrape with director? maybe call it director / writer

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-02

(2016-11-02, 02:40)Edworld Wrote: Thanks for the quick response.

In batch wizard, can you modify to rescrape with director? maybe call it director / writer

Well, Director and Credits are separate entries, and even though the director may also be the writer, they should be entered on IMDB or TMDb as both, one name entry as Director and again as Writer.
Credits are also the Writer.

Understood, rescraping credits will do writer.

Thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-11-04

vbat99,

I am testing with Zootopia...

Prior version had 2 director lines in NFO file: one line - Byron Howard second line - Rich Moore
credits one line: Byron Howard, Rich Moore

New version 2 identical director lines in NFO file: Byron Howard / Rich Moore
and 2 identical credit lines: Byron Howard / Rich Moore

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-04

(2016-11-04, 03:53)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

I am testing with Zootopia...

Prior version had 2 director lines in NFO file: one line - Byron Howard second line - Rich Moore
credits one line: Byron Howard, Rich Moore

New version 2 identical director lines in NFO file: Byron Howard / Rich Moore
and 2 identical credit lines: Byron Howard / Rich Moore

Damn it. Apologies, changes I made, didn't work correctly.

Checking now, will get a Fix up soon.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2016-11-04

New Release.

Media Companion 3.666b

This release has one big addition. Support for Long path, > 260 characters.
I have put out a test build, but not received any feedback. Please, if there are any issues with this build, Create an issue on Codeplex site so we can resolve and track.

NB: MC 3.665b has been removed, due to a bug introduced when saving movie nfo.

New:
  • MC - convert calls to support long path (exceeds MAX_PATH of 260 characters).
  • Movie - MovieSet tab, Display Collection overview, Show year against collection movie(s) and sort by year.
  • TV - Add option to display tooltip over tv show of next-to-air episode, only if Display Missing episodes is also enabled.
  • TV - Add filter only show Next-To-Air Episode.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fixed introduced bug when saving Movie nfo.
  • Movie - Fix if rescrape set info, and movie wasn't already in a set.
  • Movie - Fix creation of offlineDVD video clip.
  • Movie - Fix sets display on Table view. Fix sets saving from Tableview.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.666b x86 & MC 3.666b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-11-04

vbat99,

It works, but taking forever to batch scrape credits - 600+ movies

If your getting all your info from TMDB, it's quicker. Just un-select all options for scraping votes, outline, Cert, stars etc from IMDb. Then do the rescrape Credits.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2016-11-05

Hello, Rob.

Thanks for the latest release. I'm only having a problem with scraping movie set data to fill in the info for Display Collection overview. I've run the batch scraper numerous times and it's still missing a lot of sets.

Hate to ask for another feature, but, any chance the next aired episode info/date can be added to the main screen with premiered, run time, etc. along with the tool tip. I know some people like tool tips, I'm not a big fan. I find them too distracting. I wouldn't mind seeing them gone altogether Tongue. Just me though Rofl.

Thanks, again for the latest and considering my asks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2016-11-05

(2016-11-04, 05:44)vbat99 Wrote: If your getting all your info from TMDB, it's quicker. Just un-select all options for scraping votes, outline, Cert, stars etc from IMDb. Then do the rescrape Credits.

I didn't have any options selected on batch rescraper, just credits...