Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-01-28

Thanks, I did see and download, but family commitments have kept me busy. Try and examine them later today.

Sent from my GT-I9100

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-28, 15:51)leejk Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 03:01)vbat99 Wrote: If it doesn't, then please Zip up some nfos of movies in collection, your moviesetcache.xml and config.xml. Upload this zip to Dropbox, google drive etc and PM me the link.

I sent you a PM with a link to the files.

Thx

So it seems that most of your movies have the TMDbID set to "0" (zero). Not empty/blank, but the number zero.
All checks in Media Companion are if there is no TMDbID, which there is, but it is invalid.

I have added checks in place now that check for blank or "0" and allows this to be retrieved when using the Batch Rescrape Wizard, and selecting only to update TMDB set info. It will be available in the next release, hopefully in 24 hrs.
You can test by deleting the line in your nfo that says
Code:
<tmdbid>0</tmdbid>
and running the batch rescrape wizard with TMDB Set info selected.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-01-31

@leejk

Still not seeing an issue with Table View.
Can you zip up your moviecache.xml file and pm me a link. Must be some data in that file that is causing the issue.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - leejk - 2017-02-02

Thx for the fix. After fixing all the existing nfo files and re-scraping everything seems to work fine now. Table view works too. Just a few more questions tho please:

- After scraping there are 34 of 159 movies displaying in the left hand list. A few were scraped wrong, but not all. Is there something else I need to do to these? Not sure why a few are displayed and not all.
- Is there anyway to have it name the nfo files <moviename>.nfo and still keep the other basic naming standards, like fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, etc?

thx

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-02

(2017-02-02, 03:20)leejk Wrote: Thx for the fix. After fixing all the existing nfo files and re-scraping everything seems to work fine now. Table view works too. Just a few more questions tho please:

- After scraping there are 34 of 159 movies displaying in the left hand list. A few were scraped wrong, but not all. Is there something else I need to do to these? Not sure why a few are displayed and not all.
- Is there anyway to have it name the nfo files <moviename>.nfo and still keep the other basic naming standards, like fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, etc?

thx

IF you are seeing 24 of 159 movies, chances are a filter is narrowing down the number of movies to display.
Do one of the following:
1. Click the Reset Filters button
2. Right-click over the filters, and select Configure Movie Filters.
Then click the Check/Uncheck All button. This will leave just the General Filter displayed.
Click Done button and all 159 movies should now be displayed.

As for having <moviename>.nfo, but fanart.jpg and poster.jpg image. you need to do the following:
1. in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, ensure you have Use Folder Names for scraping or All Movies are in folders selected.
2. Un-select Basic Save Mode
3. Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab, Select Save as 'fanart.jpg' not as <moviename>-fanart.jpg
and also Save as 'poster.jpg' not as <moviename>-poster.jpg
Apply & close preferences.

I believe the last step is to select the Movies menu, and click on Rebuild movie nfo files which should convert from movie.nfo to <moviename>.nfo.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-02

New Release.

Media Companion 3.670b
A Few requests have been completed, couple of bugs, and some rework of the Home Movie section means better searching and association of Home Movies.

Home Movies has a few sorting options added, and better display of titles.
Autoscrape timers have been added to Movie and to TV. Currently these will run over your complete movie and/or TV root folders, until we can code a better folder selection method.

Set or collection overview, is a new feature in the nfo for Kodi 17 and onwards. This stores the Set (or collection) overview (plot) into every movie in a collection.
Kodi 17 supports displaying this on certain library view modes.

New:
  • Movie - Add option save Set overview to Movie nfo. Requires Kodi 17 onwards.
  • Movie - Allow editing of Set overview, and update affected movie(s) overview if saved to nfo.
  • Movie - Add Autoscrape timer. Set and let MC Autoscrape movies every x minutes. Setting in Movie Preferences -> Advanced tab.
  • Movie - 'Delete movie folder' validation -> Folder size at least 10MB, Media size at least 10MB & Media size at least 63% of the folder size (code applicable for one movies in separate folders only)
  • Tv - Add AutoScrape timer. Set and let MC Autoscrape Episodes every X Minutes. Timer Autoscrape has Log display Disabled.
  • HomeMovie - Scan for new Home Movie using Movie search routine. Allows better support for video_ts and VR_MOVIE.VRO structures.
  • HomeMovie - Added Genre field and Genre selection support.
  • MC - Add support for VRO media extension.

Fixed:
  • TV - If Ratings and Votes from IMDB, try IMDB first, Omdbapi second, finally fallback TVDb.
  • MC_COM - Fixed to exclude scanning of Excluded folders.
  • Movie - Fix rescrape set info where movie has tmdbid = "0" and is not matched to a collection.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.670b x86 & MC 3.670b x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2017-02-03

I know there are no immediate plans to add music management and scraping functionality to MC - the work involved in that just seems immense even if was boiled down to requiring a properly named, tagged, and foldered (is that even a word?) music collection to write .nfo's and grab artwork. But I'm asking all of you for help/recommendations because I think we have the best group using the best Media Manager Big Grin!

I was using MediaElch to write artist/album nfo's and download artwork (folder, cd, logo, fanart and extrafanarts), but it seems to have gone belly-up in the music support area recently.

1. Does anybody use KODI for their music collection?
2. If Yes, does anybody generate nfo files for their collection? If yes, what are you using?
3. How do you get your fanart? Are you using a separate app/program? Do you strictly rely on CD Art Manager (all that did was erase half my artwork when it was looking for what i was missing. Totally my fault, but it just takes too long IMHO).

Any suggestions/input would be appreciated! Smile

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-02-03

Hey, Rob,

Thanks for the latest release. Thought I'd post some of my findings. I started with a movie folder containing movies in their own folder without a nfo file. Scraped using IMDB scraper. Movies that did get scraped showed no year in the list display, and a few were not found with year 1901. And then some had the year 1850. Seems there isn't a problem using TMDB scraper. Something different with IMDB? Also, every time I try to run the batch rescraper, I get an "index was outside the bounds of the array" error.

Movie sets tab shows most sets with possible incomplete collection data. Batch rescrape wizard doesn't do much to load set data. Have rescrape each movie/set individually.

How is movie set description shown in Kodi? Has to be a setting I'm missing.

Thanks again!

Just tried the TV side and it seems IMDB strikes again. Some episodes with a number in the title (Madam Secretary - S02E22 - Render Safe (2).nfo) generate this error:

Called with: [stage: 22b5a13]

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
at Media_Companion.Form1.epGetImdbRatingOmdbapi(TvEpisode& ep)
at Media_Companion.Form1.GetEpRating(TvEpisode& tvep, String Rating, String Votes)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Deselect Series and episode ratings and votes...episodes scrape correctly.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 19:05)RonnieG3 Wrote: I know there are no immediate plans to add music management and scraping functionality to MC - the work involved in that just seems immense even if was boiled down to requiring a properly named, tagged, and foldered (is that even a word?) music collection to write .nfo's and grab artwork. But I'm asking all of you for help/recommendations because I think we have the best group using the best Media Manager Big Grin!

I was using MediaElch to write artist/album nfo's and download artwork (folder, cd, logo, fanart and extrafanarts), but it seems to have gone belly-up in the music support area recently.

2. If Yes, does anybody generate nfo files for their collection? If yes, what are you using?
3. How do you get your fanart? Are you using a separate app/program? Do you strictly rely on CD Art Manager (all that did was erase half my artwork when it was looking for what i was missing. Totally my fault, but it just takes too long IMHO).

I have thought and thought about this for Media Companion, and yes, the complexities of Music scraping with artwork is immense.
Ensuring MC gets the right artist, right song, album etc means addition of some sort of tag retrieval from mp3, flac, ogg....the amount of different audio files is almost endless.
Then if no tags, trying to get artist, song title, album from filename and/or folder with all the different naming conventions that users can have their files stored as.
MC then needs a source of all the info from the internet...Where from, does the site have an API, is it free. Artwork, nfo storage or embed into the audio file.
This is just part of the logistics. The Coding into Media Companion...or even a stand-alone app for MC, so as not to impact the main performance for Movie and TV.

I've mentioned it before, it's not something that will be added anytime soon, but it is not dismissed completely.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 19:54)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob,

Thanks for the latest release. Thought I'd post some of my findings. I started with a movie folder containing movies in their own folder without a nfo file. Scraped using IMDB scraper. Movies that did get scraped showed no year in the list display, and a few were not found with year 1901. And then some had the year 1850. Seems there isn't a problem using TMDB scraper. Something different with IMDB? Also, every time I try to run the batch rescraper, I get an "index was outside the bounds of the array" error.

Movie sets tab shows most sets with possible incomplete collection data. Batch rescrape wizard doesn't do much to load set data. Have rescrape each movie/set individually.

How is movie set description shown in Kodi? Has to be a setting I'm missing.

Thanks again!

Hi @bobrap
How many movies did you have to scrape? I am just wondering if MC is hitting a limit with IMDB of too many http requests before IMDb thinks its a bot attack.
Trust me, MC has had this issue plenty of times, and Google does the same, too many quick http calls and they think it may be an attack.

With the issue of the year, 1901 should have been the lowest year given to the nfo if
a. Can not get a Premiered date or figure out the year
b. No data to scrape.

I thought I had removed all the 1850 year dates, but see that this is still in the loading of nfo routines.
Movie gets 1850 if
a. Can't load the nfo.
b. If loading the nfo, the year = zero.

Can you zip up the nfo's related to these movies, and upload them to dropbox, google drive, one drive etc and PM me a link.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - RonnieG3 - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 21:22)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 19:05)RonnieG3 Wrote: I know there are no immediate plans to add music management and scraping functionality to MC - the work involved in that just seems immense even if was boiled down to requiring a properly named, tagged, and foldered (is that even a word?) music collection to write .nfo's and grab artwork. But I'm asking all of you for help/recommendations because I think we have the best group using the best Media Manager Big Grin!

I have thought and thought about this for Media Companion, and yes, the complexities of Music scraping with artwork is immense.
Ensuring MC gets the right artist, right song, album etc means addition of some sort of tag retrieval from mp3, flac, ogg....the amount of different audio files is almost endless.
Then if no tags, trying to get artist, song title, album from filename and/or folder with all the different naming conventions that users can have their files stored as.
MC then needs a source of all the info from the internet...Where from, does the site have an API, is it free. Artwork, nfo storage or embed into the audio file.
This is just part of the logistics. The Coding into Media Companion...or even a stand-alone app for MC, so as not to impact the main performance for Movie and TV.

I've mentioned it before, it's not something that will be added anytime soon, but it is not dismissed completely.

Exactly, Rob. I get it - just too much goes into it! That said, does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions for getting .nfo's? I mean, I can always do it manually, but that just seems so tedious and time-consuming. I'll keep searching, but if anyone has suggestions for an automated process I'm all ears. Thank in advance!! Big Grin

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-02-04

Rob, just a little follow up. I went back to v3.6.6.9 and the year problem with the IMDB scraper doesn't happen. Also, in case you missed my question, how is the movieset description used in Kodi? I can't seem to find any view that shows it. Maybe the skin I'm using (Madnox)?

I'm also getting that "index was outside the bounds of the array" error in both versions. Don't remember having that before. Any idea as to what might be the cause? Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-02-04

(2017-02-04, 18:58)bobrap Wrote: Rob, just a little follow up. I went back to v3.6.6.9 and the year problem with the IMDB scraper doesn't happen. Also, in case you missed my question, how is the movieset description used in Kodi? I can't seem to find any view that shows it. Maybe the skin I'm using (Madnox)?

I'm also getting that "index was outside the bounds of the array" error in both versions. Don't remember having that before. Any idea as to what might be the cause? Thanks again.

The year issue is a little interesting, I will investigate more, but have family commitments for the next two days (long weekend her in NZ)

In regards to MovieSet description, this is dependent on the skin your using, as well as the View your using for Movies.
ie: Estuary Skin only shows overview on Movie Views:
Shift, Widelist and Fanart.
So hit up the dev of Madnox to ensure their skin is Kodi 17 Compatible, and ask them to support Collection overview.

As for the "index was outside the bounds of the array", sorry I don't know. Can you run a clean extract of MC and get it to rebuild all the cache files.
It may be a change that I did not take into consideration with old data.

I see your PM to me, so will nosy through those nfo's when I get some time. Thanks for that.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bobrap - 2017-02-04

Not to worry...enjoy the long weekend! Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - kaczy44 - 2017-02-06

Hi,

Is there any option to turn off episode thumbs downloading while scraping new episodes for tv shows ?