Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support (/showthread.php?tid=129134)

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-04-09

vbat99,

If i hit refresh, I get the following message "conversion from string "" to type "Boolean" is not valid. After I click OK, I get: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Continue? If click yes, rebuilding caches, but does nothing.

Tried 3.672 and 3.674

739 movies

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-04-09

Gidday @Edworld

Yes, there is a fix in place for the "Conversion from string to type Boolean". It has to do with an old tag of type "Watched"
Will try to get a new release out later today.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Edworld - 2017-04-09

(2017-04-09, 20:29)vbat99 Wrote: Gidday @Edworld

Yes, there is a fix in place for the "Conversion from string to type Boolean". It has to do with an old tag of type "Watched"
Will try to get a new release out later today.

thanks

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2017-04-12

vbat I've run across a small issue that just popped up about a week ago. I never touch the settings but maybe it's possible I accidentally clicked something. Whenever I select a TV show, either by clicking it or by typing the first few letters of the show name (my usual method), it locks the show. It does it every time now. I've been using MC for years and I've never seen the behavior before. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-04-12

(2017-04-12, 07:27)clubwerks Wrote: vbat I've run across a small issue that just popped up about a week ago. I never touch the settings but maybe it's possible I accidentally clicked something. Whenever I select a TV show, either by clicking it or by typing the first few letters of the show name (my usual method), it locks the show. It does it every time now. I've been using MC for years and I've never seen the behavior before. Thanks.

There is no setting to auto-lock a show, only on the context menu, or the button beside the label State. ie 'Open' to 'Locked'
I assume your running the latest, 3.674b, release.
Testing on Win7 with 32bit version, and nothing locking when clicking or typing in the name.

I have looked through the code, and there are no hot-keys associated with locking a show. No special keys or mouse clicks to lock a show.

Have you closed MC and re-opened it to see if the show is still locked?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - clubwerks - 2017-04-12

(2017-04-12, 11:04)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 07:27)clubwerks Wrote: vbat I've run across a small issue that just popped up about a week ago. I never touch the settings but maybe it's possible I accidentally clicked something. Whenever I select a TV show, either by clicking it or by typing the first few letters of the show name (my usual method), it locks the show. It does it every time now. I've been using MC for years and I've never seen the behavior before. Thanks.

There is no setting to auto-lock a show, only on the context menu, or the button beside the label State. ie 'Open' to 'Locked'
I assume your running the latest, 3.674b, release.
Testing on Win7 with 32bit version, and nothing locking when clicking or typing in the name.

I have looked through the code, and there are no hot-keys associated with locking a show. No special keys or mouse clicks to lock a show.

Have you closed MC and re-opened it to see if the show is still locked?

Yes, and rebooted and d/l the latest version. Because it started with an older version and now it does it with the latest 64 bit version as well. The only wildcard here is that I use TeamViewer to communicate with the computer MC is installed on which is a headless server. I have been using TV for years, used both MC and TV together on that server since I built it. The problem is new and consistent as I use MC every day. I'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-04-13

New Release.

Media Companion 3.675b
Bug Fixes.

Custom sets are now stored in the moviesetcache.xml. This is so users can set a Overview/Plot for custom collections if the overview option is enabled in Preferences.

Fixed:
  • Movie - Remove separate movie identifier from search name, greatly improves success.
  • Movie - Fix if nfo has <watched> node and value is empty.
  • Movie - If user has selected different media player, create M3U as UTF8 encoding.
  • Movie - Custom sets now stored in moviesetcache.xml file, allowing for saving of custom sets plot/overview.
  • TV - Updated XBMC TVDb scraper to match Kodi.
  • TV - Fix when toggling between DVD and Default sort order, store as lowercase in nfo.
  • Music Video - Paste from clipboard allow image url.
  • MC - Removed MTV scraper as there is no longer an accessable api.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.675b x86 & x64

Revision History

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - FFFern - 2017-04-14

I have an issue whereby the XBMC configuration validation passes completely, but when right-clicking any movie, the option to Sync is greyed out. Unable to sync anything. I've triple checked the Kodi configuration and as I indicated the "validation" passes with green checkmarks on all options. Any hints?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-14, 18:31)FFFern Wrote: I have an issue whereby the XBMC configuration validation passes completely, but when right-clicking any movie, the option to Sync is greyed out. Unable to sync anything. I've triple checked the Kodi configuration and as I indicated the "validation" passes with green checkmarks on all options. Any hints?

Sorry, I do not know what is happening. What version of Media Companion, and what version of Kodi? and the platform it is on, ie: Windows (if windows which version), Linux, Pi etc.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - trogggy - 2017-04-15

(2017-04-13, 05:43)vbat99 Wrote: Media Companion 3.675b
Custom sets are now stored in the moviesetcache.xml. This is so users can set a Overview/Plot for custom collections if the overview option is enabled in Preferences.
Thanks for taking a look at this. I've tried it quickly with some test files and come up against a few issues. I'm testing further today, so hopefully will be able to give you some feedback - probably more details than you want!
Thanks again.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - FFFern - 2017-04-18

(2017-04-15, 05:43)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 18:31)FFFern Wrote: I have an issue whereby the XBMC configuration validation passes completely, but when right-clicking any movie, the option to Sync is greyed out. Unable to sync anything. I've triple checked the Kodi configuration and as I indicated the "validation" passes with green checkmarks on all options. Any hints?

Sorry, I do not know what is happening. What version of Media Companion, and what version of Kodi? and the platform it is on, ie: Windows (if windows which version), Linux, Pi etc.

I'm using v3.6.5.7b in Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607, with Kodi 17.1.
Are there any logfiles that I could look at?

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - vbat99 - 2017-04-18

(2017-04-18, 03:47)FFFern Wrote: I'm using v3.6.5.7b in Windows 10 Pro x64 v1607, with Kodi 17.1.
Are there any logfiles that I could look at?

and Kodi is on the same Windows 10 Pro x64 PC?
I figure your meaning MC 3.6.7.5, the latest MC Release?
Where is Media Companion folder extracted to? I know that Windows 10 does not like this folder on the Desktop, so ensure you do not have it in a protected location.
Secondly, (apologies I do not have Windows 10), there could be a windows 10 issue in regards to where Kodi stores its user files. Media Companion may not have sufficient privileges to access %userdata% folders.

Check for these log files in Media Companion
XBMC-Controller-brief-log-file.txt
XBMC-Controller-full-log-file.txt

They may shed some light on what is happening.

Unfortunately the dev that added the XBMC Link function has not been active on Media companion site for some time, though he may be following this thread. @AnotherPhil.

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - bsoriano - 2017-04-18

Hello Rob,

I am using MC 3.6.7.5 under Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, and have the following issues:

1. When I click on "Movie Preferences" after MC starts, I get an error "Index was outside the bounds of the array". I have not found any workaround, so I cannot access the settings for movies. The same thing happens with "TV Preferences".

2. I have not been able to find a pattern for this, but in general, the "Refresh All" button for TV shows does not do anything. At other times, it does work. if I try the menu option "Refresh ALL TV Shows" from the TV Shows menu, I get the error dialog "Index was outside the bounds of the array. Continue?".

Please let me know what log or additional information you would require to investigate these, and thanks in advance for looking through these issues.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rickt1962 - 2017-04-19

Cool been looking around for a media scraper that does Music Videos !

RE: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support - Rickt1962 - 2017-04-19

The Built in Kodi scarper misses half of my Music Sad

Media Manager nailed it !

WOW a 100% pefect scanned IN !!! All my music showed up on Kodi ! And is now playing Smile

One little hiccup probably my doing............ Some of the songs when you fast forward the Title of the song shows up in the upper left corner but some don't just a number.
I checked the NFO file and the artist and song title is missing what am I doing wrong ?